1. Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities for the sports fans. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

WTF is this crap?

Discussion in 'American Football' started by SDRay, Jun 11, 2018.

1. SDRay

SDRay RIP SD Chargers..F the LA Chargers, Go Irish Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,317
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,071
    The dumbest, most embrassing front office in professional football.

Do not, LA, do not buy any crappy seat or tickets from these losers. You will regret it.

Did you know Deacon Jones played for the LA Chargers?

Rams? Don’t think so.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +729
    We really need to start flipping the script here.

Remember when the LA Chargers got hammered in Super Bowl 29 against the 49ers?

Remember when Los Angeles got smoked in the Ice Bowl in Cincinnati?

Remember when the LAC choked the playoff game away against New England?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,247
    Dan Fouts is too classy to come right out and say it.......but you just KNOW he thinks the Spanos family are total buffoons. And that goes WAY back to the firing of Don Coryell his coach and friend and the man he gives the most credit to for his career. Then add it the completely classless way the Spanos family walked away from San Diego, the town where he played and earned all his laurels,,,,,,,well it’s a complete sham they are attempting to utilize him as an ambassador and an ally in their worthless attempt to market themselves in a city that doesn’t want them and in their worthless attempt to try to retain their San Diego fanbase. Dan oughta now not just lay back and say nothing,.....he oughta come forward and request that Spanos not use his name in marketing efforts from here on out. It would be the right thing to do by San Diego. That also goes for the Seau family and Winslow and anyone else the Spanii are trying to speak for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SDRay

SDRay RIP SD Chargers..F the LA Chargers, Go Irish Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,317
    At least acknowledge him as a SD Charger. But whatever...San Diego never existed. So let's go with Fender's idea. Remember when the LAC drafted Ryan Leaf and they sucked so bad? Remember when that Junior Seau guy played at USC and was lucky enough to stay in LA when drafted by the LAC?

[​IMG]

6. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +729
    Yes, Ryan Leaf, Los Angeles Chargers legend.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,071
    LAC tried to get a stadium build in Los Angeles. They didn't want to move.

8. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,247
    Dean was so frustrated at the lack of fan support. But he had to protect his family. At least that is according to his best friend the Greek restaurant owner in Carson.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +609
    The Chargers are one franchise with one franchise history. There is nothing wrong with the franchise wishing Dan Fouts a happy birthday.

Please show me where Dan Fouts has stated that he hates the Chargers organization.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,071
    I think the Los Angeles Chargers greatest recent draft was in 2014.
    Damn near perfection, the trade of the 2 and fourth for a future HOF player, was brilliant.

Position Height Weight College
    25 25 Jason Verrett Cornerback 5'10" 189 TCU
    2 18 50 Jeremiah Attaochu Linebacker 6'3" 252 Georgia Tech
    3 25 89 Chris Watt Offensive guard 6'3" 310 Notre Dame
    4 None — see draft trades below
    5 25 165 Ryan Carrethers Nose tackle 6'1" 333 Arkansas State
    6 25 201 Marion Grice Running back 6'0" 207 Arizona State
    7 25 240 Tevin Reese Wide receiver 5'10" 170 Baylor
    Draft trades
    • The Chargers traded their second- (No. 57 overall) and fourth- (No. 125 overall) round selections to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for the Dolphins' second-round selection (No. 50 overall).

11. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +729
    Chris Watt, to me, is the prototype Los Angeles Charger player. #HOFMVP.

12. SDRay

Ratings:
    +2,317
    The San Diego Chargers are dead. That's what he said and that's the team he played for. Not this 2 year old franchise in Carson.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/vid...-chargers-are-dead/1kobvutfhl6ob1pv7fwkkx2qht

http://www.thesportsbank.net/the-bank/dan-fouts-chargers-absence-affecting-city-san-diego/

We asked Fouts if he wanted to share his opinions on the Chargers’ current situation, and what he said he would really hate to see the team leave, because he know what a tremendous void they would leave behind in the city.

“Everyone’s got an opinion, but they haven’t asked me for my advice. Obviously as a fan of everything about San Diego, it pains me to think that the Chargers, who are such a big part of the community and have been for so many years would move to a place like Los Angeles.

“San Diego is an island basically. With the Pacific Ocean to the west, and Orange County to the north and the desert to the east and Mexico to the south, it’s really a little community that has a lot of pride in their sports teams, and the Chargers in particular.

“I’d hate to see them move. I’ve done, and will continue to voice my opinion on this subject in San Diego. ”

Indeed the Chargers just pulled a Ron Burgundy, and said “go **** yourself San Diego.”

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,247
    Boom. Down goes Frazier.Maybe Dan Fouts will join our forum :laugh: Make him the honorary MFIC of the forum:tup:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Concudan

Concudan Still Chargin Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,849
    "Everyone’s got an opinion"

He is correct. Opinions are like bung holes, everyone has one and most stink. Your opinion is that somehow, for the Chargers a magical sword wielded by the football gods... No the gods of San Diego... severs the ties from San Diego to LA... conveniently ignoring they started in LA, and claimed that history while in San Diego... But now, there is no San Diego history for the Chargers. I understand this is your opinion... I can even respect that opinion...

But it has no basis in what is done. It has no basis on anything but how you choose to view things. So telling people that the San Diego Chargers are dead and LA has no history beyond 2 years is just your opinion with no basis in reality. Though you have the right, and the reasons to feel that way.

Go look at the Colts history. Does it include Baltimore? Yup.
    Cardinals... They have several moves. Their history includes them all.
    All the teams that moved with one exception. Cleveland. They left the name the Browns in Cleveland. Did the Chargers leave their name in San Diego?

You may want to plug your ears and make loud noises to drown out this, but it does not change anything. I know and respect your opinion. But it is not everyone's.

15. Concudan

Concudan Still Chargin Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,849
    Its not flipping. It is reality.

16. SDRay

Ratings:
    +2,317
    Raiders can keep their history no matter where they go they have a following and brand like no other. Still I feel bad for Oakland (But they're used to relocation crap by now). Arizona should have left it in St. Louis sam with Indianapolis. Ravens and Titans we're smart to rebrand. I like how the Ravens can't claim the Browns history. Unlike Spanos' team, all the teams I just mentioned were welcomed to their new home.

LAC claim their past players and yet never want to mention San Diego. They've done **** like crop out the word SD in military photos. Associate old SD players with LA logos. Alienate the SD fans and community. They claim their old home his no longer NFL ready yet they play in a non NFL compliant soccer stadium. Now Spanos is trying to kill whatever childhood memory I have of Air Coryell by caliming them as his. He ******* fired Coryell and kicked Fouts to the curb.

All that said, this team doesn't deserve their SD history since they are essentially trying to erase it. They don't deserve the Chargers name. They don't deserve anything good coming to them. Spanos and unfortunately his employees deserve all the daily criticism and backlash they are getting. If they win then F them. If they lose F them as well. I'm so glad their relocation comes at this time. With all the social media and easy team access. Love it. Also rebrand already.Why keeping it for what the 10-20K fans you have left?? Give it back to SD where it belongs! So yeah, while all that is my opinion...it's also truth for angry bitter San Diegans. F the LAC and F the weak *** LAC fans that still wear their LAC **** in SD and try to pretend that they are just called the Chargers. Oh yeah, F all the millennial LAC fans that like to use the word salty. I want to punch those guys in their face.

If I'm ever offered LAC tickets again. I will gladly accept as many as possible, rip them up just so those seats remain empty.

• Winner Winner x 5
  17. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan View from the King's balcony!

Ratings:
    +350
    The NFL and all those billionaire rocket scientists are ******* themselves. Abandoning historic fan bases for the flavor of the month is DUMB. And IMHO CTE will end the sport as we know it now. Once the Trump aberration is over, the next phase will be very liberal, and I sincerely will not be shocked if some laws don't come down forcing dramatic changes to the NFL. We can't keep sacrificing human lives for our entertainment like we're in ancient Rome. Seau was a turning point for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,071
    There's already lawsuits that claim in a public funded stadium, you can't restrict your 'employees' first Admendment rights.

19. FiftyFive

FiftyFive Dean Spanos is a traitor!

Ratings:
    +341
    LOL... what history? Before last season, the Chargers only played one season in LA in their entire existence. This is what the crowds looked like at their "home" games that year:

[​IMG]

Face it, the Chargers' real history and tradition is in San Diego. Moving the team back to LA, a city that has never wanted them or supported them, is akin to flushing all that history down the drain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,071
    One Oiler fan, one security guard.

21. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +729
    1960 or 2017?

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +373
    Yup lots of opinions. Only thing that matters is that Spanos owns the name and the franchise, so he owns the history. The city of San Diego owns nothing. Fans get to keep their memories, but dont confuse those with history. Everything that happened on the field is owned by Spanos and the NFL.

23. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +729
    Remember when the Los Angeles Chargers had the big drug scandal?

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. LABoltFan

Ratings:
    +373
    No. Remember when thousands of Los Angeles Chargers fans packed their temporary stadium in San Diego to welcome them back from Pittsburgh?

25. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +729
    No, I think you’re confusing that with the (low) thousands of fans Los Angeles drew last year. I do remember Los Angeles getting pummeled in the Super Bowl though against San Francisco.

• Winner Winner x 1
  26. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Okay.
    1. Did Barron Hilton not own the Chargers in 1961 for which the Spanos are now claiming to be 'their' 'history'?

2.Did Eugene Klein not own the team for many years for which the Spanos are now claiming to be 'their' history?

Now if Hilton and Klein 'owned' their respective histories and still do as they owned the Club at those times, everything that Spanos 'owns' is from 1985 on.

36 years. 258-285 losing record. Playoff 7-9 losing record

I mean corporate slavery only goes under one owner at a time.

• Winner Winner x 2
  27. LABoltFan

Ratings:
    +373
    No, pretty sure it was at the stadium the Los Angeles Chargers were temporarily renting down in San Diego. I remember because I kept thinking "why is San Diego giving the Los Angeles Chargers such a sweet deal on rent and promising to buy all those tickets that the Los Angeles fans wouldn't buy year after year except for when that other Los Angeles team would visit?"

28. LABoltFan

Ratings:
    +373
    When you buy a company or a franchise you buy (own) the history also.

29. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +729
    I remember when the Los Angeles Chargers fired that bum Ross for Gilbride.

30. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +956
    What about off the field? There were a number of dumps I took at the Murph that I'd gladly gift to Spanos.