Worst loss in Padres History!!!

  • Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
M

matilack

Guest
HOW CAN YOU BLOW TO ****IN 8 RUN LEADS IN ONE GAME!!!!

The Padres bulpin looked like SHIT tonight!!!
Thats gonna recharge the Dodgers and absolutly **** THE PADRES!!!

I bet we ****in lose every game the rest of the season!!!!!!!!!!:tdown: :no: :unsure: :icon_evil:
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
41,136
2,142
350
matilack said:
HOW CAN YOU BLOW TO ****IN 8 RUN LEADS IN ONE GAME!!!!

The Padres bulpin looked like SHIT tonight!!!
Thats gonna recharge the Dodgers and absolutly **** THE PADRES!!!

I bet we ****in lose every game the rest of the season!!!!!!!!!!:tdown: :no: :unsure: :icon_evil:
Whadda you care...you bailed on the Pads a month ago
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
41,136
2,142
350
BFISA said:
Whadda you care...you bailed on the Pads a month ago
And you're way too young to have any idea what the worst loss Padres history was...this ain't even close.
 
M

matilack

Guest
BFISA said:
And you're way too young to have any idea what the worst loss Padres history was...this ain't even close.
Can u name a worse one smart ass???? Then shut the **** up.

And no i didnt bail on them at all, i never said anything about them a month ago.
I was banking on a SD Superbowl and World Series in 06' So suck my **** ya old fart.

42 years since 4 backtoback HRS!!!
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
56,069
3,710
350
matilack said:
Can u name a worse one smart ass???? Then shut the **** up.

And no i didnt bail on them at all, i never said anything about them a month ago.
I was banking on a SD Superbowl and World Series in 06' So suck my **** ya old fart.

42 years since 4 backtoback HRS!!!
Anymore posts like this one and there will be a new member of the Ass Clown forum.
 

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
7,353
852
350
50
Just my opinion is this. The loss that the Padres had last night is not the worst loss to be had by the Friars in history and I doubt that we will ever see what that loss will ever be in our lives because it would have to be a loss of about a 12 or 15 run come back in one inning to allow the team who does it to the Padres to be considered the worst loss in the Hisory of the Padres organization.

That is just from me as my thoughts that is all.
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
41,136
2,142
350
Concudan said:
Anymore posts like this one and there will be a new member of the Ass Clown forum.
Its ok, Bro...I take responsibilty for this. I'm the adult here, and I should know better'n'ta try and have a meaninful conversation with a teenager.

He's on ignore now, and it won't happen again.
 

Carrie1219

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2005
15,905
1,963
350
not here
It was painful to watch the 9th innning... 4 solo homers on 7 pitches. :icon_eek: :tdown: The 10th inning was actually less painful... Kind of saw it coming.

Right after the top of the ninth... The owner of the bar that Rexy and I were at gave us a complimentary drink... to celebrate the Padres win... Will never celebrate a win again until we actually have it...:tdown: :no:

This guy had a parlay that included the Padres game and if they had won he'd have made 1.1K

Some Dodgers fans razzed him after the game and the drinks went flying... The guy has a temper... :unsure:
 

Carrie1219

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2005
15,905
1,963
350
not here
Johnny Lightning said:
I didn't think I could hate the the dodgers any more but I looked deep with in and I found out I could


Yes, they made fools of us... There was never any love for them to begin with... Now.................................:icon_evil:

I do remember thinking... "God da**it, this had better not be some type of baseball record, I'm witnessing" There is a little consolation in knowing that the incident just tied a baseball record...Well at least it didn't break it... with a 5th solo homer for a Dodgers win in the bottom of the ninth. :icon_eek: Carrie might have absolutely lost it if that had happened.

4 homers on seven pitches... I still can't get over it... :unsure:
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
56,069
3,710
350
BFISA said:
Its ok, Bro...I take responsibilty for this. I'm the adult here, and I should know better'n'ta try and have a meaninful conversation with a teenager.

He's on ignore now, and it won't happen again.
I know what your saying but still. Post like that from anyone, including myself are not tolerated.

Its one thing if Trumpie is teasing Leisure, or me and SDC are bantering back and forth, but telling people to felate them, or fornicate themselves is crossing a line. Its a reminder for us all. Myself included.
 

HollywoodLeo

Well-Known Member
Mar 13, 2006
14,837
1,032
350
38
Most heartbreaking loss in history? Perhaps

Worst loss in history? Not by a long shot

In fact, I commend the Padres for their efforts last night.

Not once did they give up, not even after the Dodgers conjured up a hail mary miracle of 4 HRs on 5 pitches did they give up.

Last night belonged to the Dodgers and there's nothing the Padres could've done about it, bottom line.

Oh yeah, and despite everything, it still adds up to the same number of losses as it would've had they lost a squeaker by 1 run in a pitcher's duel.
 
M

matilack

Guest
HollywoodLeo said:
Most heartbreaking loss in history? Perhaps

Worst loss in history? Not by a long shot

In fact, I commend the Padres for their efforts last night.

Not once did they give up, not even after the Dodgers conjured up a hail mary miracle of 4 HRs on 5 pitches did they give up.

Last night belonged to the Dodgers and there's nothing the Padres could've done about it, bottom line.

Oh yeah, and despite everything, it still adds up to the same number of losses as it would've had they lost a squeaker by 1 run in a pitcher's duel.

Dude this is one for the record books, read the article on foxsports.com
Padres have a history of being chokers when big games are on the line, so mabye its not the worst, but it merits a look.
 

wrbanwal

Well-Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
10,837
1,248
350
matilack said:
Dude this is one for the record books, read the article on foxsports.com
Padres have a history of being chokers when big games are on the line, so mabye its not the worst, but it merits a look.

Thanks for the input,

Dude


:glare:
 

wrbanwal

Well-Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
10,837
1,248
350
matilack said:
HOW CAN YOU BLOW TO ****IN 8 RUN LEADS IN ONE GAME!!!!

The Padres bulpin looked like SHIT tonight!!!
Thats gonna recharge the Dodgers and absolutly **** THE PADRES!!!

I bet we ****in lose every game the rest of the season!!!!!!!!!!:tdown: :no: :unsure: :icon_evil:

I'll take that bet

:tup:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Johnny Lightning
M

matilack

Guest
wrbanwal said:
I'll take that bet

:tup:
LOL, its really not that funny, its an embarassment to the entire city of San Diego. Ask any fan of any other sports city in america and they will all say the same thing about the Padres AND the Chargers

Ive heard this a million times no matter what sport, "San Diego are chokers."I hear that A LOT!!!
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
56,069
3,710
350
matilack said:
LOL, its really not that funny, its an embarassment to the entire city of San Diego. Ask any fan of any other sports city in america and they will all say the same thing about the Padres AND the Chargers

Ive heard this a million times no matter what sport, "San Diego are chokers."I hear that A LOT!!!
Yer a glass half empty type guy, aincha?:icon_huh:
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
41,136
2,142
350
HollywoodLeo said:
Most heartbreaking loss in history? Perhaps

Worst loss in history? Not by a long shot

In fact, I commend the Padres for their efforts last night.

Not once did they give up, not even after the Dodgers conjured up a hail mary miracle of 4 HRs on 5 pitches did they give up.

Last night belonged to the Dodgers and there's nothing the Padres could've done about it, bottom line.

Oh yeah, and despite everything, it still adds up to the same number of losses as it would've had they lost a squeaker by 1 run in a pitcher's duel.
God, I hate it when you're right!!:no: :tdown: :icon_evil:
 

HollywoodLeo

Well-Known Member
Mar 13, 2006
14,837
1,032
350
38
matilack said:
Dude this is one for the record books, read the article on foxsports.com
Padres have a history of being chokers when big games are on the line, so mabye its not the worst, but it merits a look.
Game for the record books, yes... and that's exactly why it's just a game you have to, parden the term, tip your cap to.

The Dodgers needed end game heroics just to split the series, think about that one.

The season is far from over, the Padres still own the wildcard and they're still only a half game back.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
Sep 1, 2005
8,654
807
350
49
www.boltsplanet.com
The Padres still have about a dozen games to play and are only a half game back from the Dodgers.

I like the Padres' chances to take back the NL West.
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
41,136
2,142
350
While this loss was certainly disappointing, its not the end of the year for tha Pads...the series starting at home tonight vs the Snakes is every bit as important as the foogin dodgers series.

As for San Diego being a loser, jes consider the source.
 

Carrie1219

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2005
15,905
1,963
350
not here
WonderSlug said:
The Padres still have about a dozen games to play and are only a half game back from the Dodgers.

I like the Padres' chances to take back the NL West.
I haven't looked at the Dud's schedule for any kind of match up comparison, number of games left etc...

I think we have eight games left, six at home...9/19-9/24
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
Sep 1, 2005
8,654
807
350
49
www.boltsplanet.com
carrie1219 said:
I haven't looked at the Dud's schedule for any kind of match up comparison, number of games left etc...

I think we have eight games left, six at home...9/19-9/24
This morning's SDUT had a comparison.

Ooops. The Pads have 13 games remaining! One more game than the Dodgers, who have twelve remaining.


Pads:
=======
6 home games - 3 versus Arizona, 3 versus Pittsburgh
7 away games - 3 versus St. Louis, 4 versus Arizona


Dodgers:
=======
6 home games - 3 versus Arizona, 3 versus Pittsburgh
6 away games - 3 versus Colorado, 3 versus San Francisco
 

Carrie1219

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2005
15,905
1,963
350
not here
WonderSlug said:
This morning's SDUT had a comparison.

Ooops. The Pads have 13 games remaining! One more game than the Dodgers, who have twelve remaining.


Pads:
=======
6 home games - 3 versus Arizona, 3 versus Pittsburgh
7 away games - 3 versus St. Louis, 4 versus Arizona


Dodgers:
=======
6 home games - 3 versus Arizona, 3 versus Pittsburgh
6 away games - 3 versus Colorado, 3 versus San Francisco
Nice, we have the opportunity to pick up a game on the Duds.... :icon_banana:
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
41,136
2,142
350
WonderSlug said:
This morning's SDUT had a comparison.

Ooops. The Pads have 13 games remaining! One more game than the Dodgers, who have twelve remaining.


Pads:
=======
6 home games - 3 versus Arizona, 3 versus Pittsburgh
7 away games - 3 versus St. Louis, 4 versus Arizona


Dodgers:
=======
6 home games - 3 versus Arizona, 3 versus Pittsburgh
6 away games - 3 versus Colorado, 3 versus San Francisco
Damn, I thot we were done with St Louis :icon_eek:
 

HollywoodLeo

Well-Known Member
Mar 13, 2006
14,837
1,032
350
38
matilack said:
Thats gonna recharge the Dodgers and absolutly **** THE PADRES!!!

I bet we ****in lose every game the rest of the season!!!!!!!!!!:tdown: :no: :unsure: :icon_evil:
You were sayin?
 

Johnny Lightning

Go Bolts
Feb 7, 2006
22,974
1,669
350
matilack said:
HOW CAN YOU BLOW TO ****IN 8 RUN LEADS IN ONE GAME!!!!

The Padres bulpin looked like SHIT tonight!!!
Thats gonna recharge the Dodgers and absolutly **** THE PADRES!!!

I bet we ****in lose every game the rest of the season!!!!!!!!!!:tdown: :no: :unsure: :icon_evil:
:icon_rofl:
 

rexy2006

Well-Known Member
Dec 17, 2005
10,218
1,794
350
San Diego
I am glad the Padres showed heart. To bounce back from a loss like that...it shows integrity.:yes:

As soon as Dave hit that lead-off single I knew we were off to the races...That 3-run HR by Cameron was SMOKED to center!

The bullpen was kinda quiet. Cla and Brian (Sweeney) both were warmed up but didnt come in.

I think the Padres will be just fine. IMO, the Duds blew their emotional wad Monday night.