With Loss to Raiders is Rivers' SB Window Officially Closed?

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007

Brutal article from Yahoo Sports. Whoa. :geek:
If Rivers didn't have spenis as an owner, think of how different his career could have gone.

Having to put up with the effects of the relocation garbage for the last 5 years of his career. Playing in a division 2 sized football stadium filled with opposing fans week in and week out.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Completely on the mark. We all knew that the bottom could drop out rapidly at any time. Looks like that time is now.
I hope spanos is downing Mylanta chasers tonite. Eff that guy, he deserves this and much more. Hope London is staring him right in the face tonite. Kroenke needs to finish the job on the guy.....the league has to be listening to every word Kroenke sends their way re: the deadbeat renter he has to put up with.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I hope spanos is downing Mylanta chasers tonite. Eff that guy, he deserves this and much more. Hope London is staring him right in the face tonite. Kroenke needs to finish the job on the guy.....the league has to be listening to every word Kroenke sends their way re: the deadbeat renter he has to put up with.
Kroenke just dumped billions into that stadium. He’s just getting warmed up.

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
If Rivers didn't have spenis as an owner, think of how different his career could have gone.

Having to put up with the effects of the relocation garbage for the last 5 years of his career. Playing in a division 2 sized football stadium filled with opposing fans week in and week out.
Unfortunately Rivers was loyal to a fault......he should have gotten the hell out from under spanos long ago.....followed the lead of Eli and Archie. They knew. Sad to see Rivers end like this but he had the choice to get away from spanos and never did. He SHOULD have made that statement when Dean left SD....at least there was still time to possibly catch on with a winning organization, not sure where that would have been in 2017 but he shoulda gone for it.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
He has a chance....on another team. Tons of teams would love to have him mentor their young QB plus be a quality back up.

Da Bears would grab and sign even a left hand throwing Rivers.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Unfortunately Rivers was loyal to a fault......he should have gotten the hell out from under spanos long ago.....followed the lead of Eli and Archie. They knew. Sad to see Rivers end like this but he had the choice to get away from spanos and never did. He SHOULD have made that statement when Dean left SD....at least there was still time to possibly catch on with a winning organization, not sure where that would have been in 2017 but he shoulda gone for it.
Yup, just posted the same sentiment on another thread.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Rivers can still get a big payday If stays healthy next season. I see him going to Carolina.

RamAirVA

Curse and Damn You Spanos!
Nov 12, 2007
Depends on the Week
Denver's line is crap too...though it would be funny as hell to see him turn the screws on Deano (and funnier to have to see the Mile High crowd root for Rivers instead of against him)

Reactions: Fender57

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
He's got no one to blame. How many games has he let get away in the final minutes when a first down would have won or at least kept the drive alive.

He just can't get out of his own way

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
He's got no one to blame. How many games has he let get away in the final minutes when a first down would have won or at least kept the drive alive.

He just can't get out of his own way
True......did you tell Chuck F. that on the other site? LMAO. :roflmao: I used to love those battles re: O line vs. Rivers. It's so typical that the front office there never can dial in the right coach/player/QB combination to win the big games and go all the way to the SB and win it. It's always some deficiency they don't or won't address.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
True......did you tell Chuck F. that on the other site? LMAO. :roflmao: I used to love those battles re: O line vs. Rivers. It's so typical that the front office there never can dial in the right coach/player/QB combination to win the big games and go all the way to the SB and win it. It's always some deficiency they don't or won't address.
min not sure I might have. I’m pretty sure they sensor me on that board. They know I’m a hater lol

• Haha