Wishing everyone health and happiness in these troubled times

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Everyone. As many of you know this community we now call Americas Finest Sports Forum has seen changes and challenges in the past.
We have seen major fires impact the people who are members of this community, their families, and the games we watched.
WE have seen tornadoes, earthquakes, team moves, and even survived the Spanos infestation.

But none of that was like the current COVID 19 situation.

I wanted to wish you all, and your families health, safety and comfort in these troubling times. Team affiliations, political views, and disagreements aside. Our little community here is important, and it would not be the same without all who participate. Be safe, and love your family.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Best wishes to all of you and your families and friends. We are in this together....because together we come out of this or are destroyed by it. There will be an endpoint but we all need to do our parts to ensure we follow the advice for social distancing and safe practices to reduce contaminating ourselves and others. STA Y SAFE AND ABOVE ALL KEEP THE FAITH AND PROTECT YOURSELVES AND FAMILY AND HELP THOSE WHO NEED ADVICE AND ASSISTANCE.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
I was in my back yard trying to launch a kite.
I threw the kite up in the air, the wind would catch it for a few seconds, then it would come crashing back down to earth. I tried this a few more times with no success.
All the while, my wife is watching from the kitchen window, Muttering to herself how men need to be told how to do everything.
She opens the window and yelled to me, 'You need a piece of tail.'
I turned with a confused look on my face and said, 'Make up your mind. Last night, you told me to go fly a kite.'

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
SOB? Spanos' Older Brother?
No, PP got things done. Would never have 'listened to the Jewish mobs' cries".

Pilate's removal from office occurred because he violently suppressed (aka massacre) of an armed Samaritan movement at Mount Gerizim. He was sent back to Rome by the legate of Syria to answer for this before Tiberius, who, however, had died before he arrived. Nothing is known for certain about what happened to him after this.

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
No, PP got things done. Would never have 'listened to the Jewish mobs' cries".

Pilate's removal from office occurred because he violently suppressed (aka massacre) of an armed Samaritan movement at Mount Gerizim. He was sent back to Rome by the legate of Syria to answer for this before Tiberius, who, however, had died before he arrived. Nothing is known for certain about what happened to him after this.
He’s disappeared again. My neighborhood Pilates is closed.

Reactions: Harryo the K

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
My wife and I work from home, kids out of school until April 3rd. I expect that will expand for the year. Luckily, I chose big backyard with pool, over big house small yard, San Diego living. Still stir crazy.......
Best wishes to you all.

RamAirVA

El Deano No Es Bueno...
Nov 12, 2007
Depends on the Week
My wife and I work from home, kids out of school until April 3rd. I expect that will expand for the year. Luckily, I chose big backyard with pool, over big house small yard, San Diego living. Still stir crazy.......
Got my pool up and running too, even though it's still a bit cool for swimming...my water is only at 59 degrees! :D

School's already out for the year here in VA. Sucks for my kids since both of them lost their Spring sports seasons in the process...at least they still have years left to play, the Seniors don't and won't even be able to enjoy prom and graduation unless something drastic happens.

Reactions: Savage Lizard

Fouts

Aug 17, 2007
La Jolla, CA
Got my pool up and running too, even though it's still a bit cool for swimming...my water is only at 59 degrees! :D

School's already out for the year here in VA. Sucks for my kids since both of them lost their Spring sports seasons in the process...at least they still have years left to play, the Seniors don't and won't even be able to enjoy prom and graduation unless something drastic happens.
Yeah, we have Jacuzzi attached, so the kids ask us to heat that for them. Then they jump in the pool 67°, then back to Jacuzzi to "warm up," before going back in pool. I dont understand how they go from hot to cold. Must be a kid thing. :D

Stay safe all. :cool:

Reactions: Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard

FORMER Charger fan at 7000'
Jul 12, 2007
Big Bear Lake, CA
www.savagelizard.com
I wish you all well, keep yourselves and your families safe.

As for us, we're away from the big city in Big Bear, so hopefully that provides some extra help. Our busy season for business is the Winter, and we normally keep a nice chunk of money on hand for the slower season of Spring. So timing was good economically. And since it's our slow season we aren't missing a lot of income right now. That will change if this holds on for a long time, but for now we're in good shape.

I am hiding out in my house and keeping trips out to a bare minimum. I go for a walk every day, but switch sides of the street if someone else is out.

I was supposed to go down to SD for Opening Day today, had to settle for a pic in the backyard...

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Coop is a beauty!
This is lady, took this in the backyard playing around with my camera...

View attachment 7376

This is Lady & Dylan
View attachment 7377
She's beautiful!...She looks exactly like 'Cedar' -RIP- who was a good boy and loyal friend to a lady friend of mine! Cedar was a Shepherd - Rhodesian Ridgeback mix, and the Brad Pitt of dogs!

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
She's beautiful!...She looks exactly like 'Cedar' -RIP- who was a good boy and loyal friend to a lady friend of mine! Cedar was a Shepherd - Rhodesian Ridgeback mix, and the Brad Pitt of dogs!
She is awesome, thought a devout coward...

Reactions: handoverfist