Wilhelm re-signed!

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

MadMike

Mar 17, 2006
AP reports the Chargers retained the last of its restricted free agents when LB Matt Wilhelm signed the one-year contract tendered by the team in early March.

http://www.nflfans.com/draft/article.php?story=20060420062932331

That really solidifies us being able to lose Donnie if we get a sweet deal. If we can pull a high second rounder for him, we may be able to bundle the #19 pick with it (And maybe one of our 6th round picks) to move up and get D'Brick. I would gladly trade Donnie to pick him up.

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
MadMike said:
AP reports the Chargers retained the last of its restricted free agents when LB Matt Wilhelm signed the one-year contract tendered by the team in early March.

http://www.nflfans.com/draft/article.php?story=20060420062932331

That really solidifies us being able to lose Donnie if we get a sweet deal. If we can pull a high second rounder for him, we may be able to bundle the #19 pick with it (And maybe one of our 6th round picks) to move up and get D'Brick. I would gladly trade Donnie to pick him up.
Thanks for posting MadMike! This is indeed good news! :icon_banana:

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
He and Cooper have to be licking their chops at the possibility of starting or vastly increased playing time

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
PostAnteaterCharger said:
He and Cooper have to be licking their chops at the possibility of starting or vastly increased playing time
I really really liked Cooper in his pre-season debut. I mean he caught my attention even though we were pretty well faded :icon_eyes: in that game which is no easy task in pre-season to get our attention. That takes some work but nonetheless homie was impressed. I remember chanting "Super Duper Cooper" and ..... "do not forget" .... "do not forget" and I did not forget. :)