Who will have more sacks ???

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who will have more sacks?

• Shawne Merriman

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Shaun Phillips

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
You've been back less than 24 hrs, and already startin shit!!:icon_evil:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
Doan'chu have a bullta neuter??:icon_eek: :tdown: :icon_evil:

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
Offensive Coordinators are going to game plan for Merriman and Phillips will benefit from that. I'll say that Shaun finishes with 1 more sack than Merriman.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
ChargerRay said:
Offensive Coordinators are going to game plan for Merriman and Phillips will benefit from that. I'll say that Shaun finishes with 1 more sack than Merriman.

I like Shaun's SI.com quote here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/09/05/bc.fbn.chargers.foleysh.ap/index.html

Phillips said the shooting hasn't been a distraction.

"Rather than putting us in a shell, it's just going to be just the opposite for us, because of how he would play and what he would want us to do."

MadMike

Mar 17, 2006
Phillips will beat him by a sack or two but Merriman is the more complete player. If you wanted to ask who will injure more players this year, you would get a completely different answer.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
SanDiegoRon said:
the ones I had in the "sacks" didn't have them.... :icon_rofl:

maybe yours did tho....:icon_eek:
Ahhh... Man, there is more to the 'hornblower' than I know, I guess...:icon_eek:

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
12 to 12.

Regardless who gets more, both will be putting a lot of pressure on OL's. That helps Igor and Luis, because they will get singled while teams are concerned over the edge speed and big Jamal coming up the middle.

I can't wait to see this D demolish the Raiders offense.

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
Shamrock said:
12 to 12.

Regardless who gets more, both will be putting a lot of pressure on OL's. That helps Igor and Luis, because they will get singled while teams are concerned over the edge speed and big Jamal coming up the middle.

I can't wait to see this D demolish the Raiders offense.
Me too!!:yes: :tup:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Concudan said:
Ahhh... Man, there is more to the 'hornblower' than I know, I guess...:icon_eek:
How is that stabbed leg doing these days ?

Need a matching set ? :icon_mrgreen: :icon_tease:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Chispa said:
Not a sack - but isn't there a guy that Merriman and Phillips went 100/100 on? The guy was tackled by both of them at once and he's still using a drool cup? Something like that... :icon_huh:
:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_banana: :icon_rofl:

Survey says - "Priest Holmes" :icon_rofl: :icon_toast: :icon_party:

PS ... that is classic shit coming from a "chick" (I know) ;)

charger33

BoltTalker
Aug 4, 2006
How about Luis? He may not be one of the team leaders in sacks, but he will defenitly be close to double digits, which is a huge improvement over last year. The year of the DE's begins Monday!!!!

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
charger33 said:
How about Luis? He may not be one of the team leaders in sacks, but he will defenitly be close to double digits, which is a huge improvement over last year. The year of the DE's begins Monday!!!!
His season hinges on Igor (Jamal will command double teaming) but Igor needs to step up and command double coverage as well. When this happens - it is all over for any offense we face.

Castillo will have a good year...no check that a great year if Igor does his job as well as Jamal.

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
Trumpet_Man said:
:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_banana: :icon_rofl:

Survey says - "Priest Holmes" :icon_rofl: :icon_toast: :icon_party:

PS ... that is classic shit coming from a "chick" (I know) ;)
Gotta admit, she brings it!!:icon_eek: :tup:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
BFISA said:
Gotta admit, she brings it!!:icon_eek: :tup:
I had a flashback of seeing Muhammud Ali (Cassius Clay) at the old El Cortez hotel for a boxing match years ago.

Ali was sitting ring side and drooling and shaking (arms and head) - someone stuck a lolly pop in his mouth which made the drool even worse. :icon_eek:

Chispas "drool cup" incited that memory. :icon_banana:

Nomadic Bolt Fan

Jul 21, 2006
Wandering in Oregon.
I think Phillips will start out in the lead due to defenses worring about Merriman. Once the realize they have to account for both OLB's I think Merriman will pass him by one or two sacks. :bolt: