• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Whiz to interview for GT job

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Anything to disrupt the spanii and create chaos is a good thing. :D Hopefully Bradley on deck.

Gill Man

Staff member
He would be stupid not to get the hell out of Spanosville.
Well if he is jumping on the interview it likely means a couple of things......he wants the hell back as a HC SOMEWHERE and he probably has ties to GT or the southeast , perhaps with family or football or both. And yes, maybe he's gotten tired of the same OC position and working for the same owner and now having to coach in a soccer stadium atmosphere.....that must just suck. What's the ceiling? He's moving on and then likely would want to at some point return to the NFL as a head coach if he succeeds at GT.....or if the deal is sweet enough there just stay put as do guys like David Shaw et al.......I think some of these coaches get really tired of the player BS in the NFL. Add to that the owner BS and he's gotta be yearning for something better. Hope he's outa there soon. Same goes for Gus Bradley. Move on fellas. And Bolt players take note.

RamAirVA

Curse and Damn You Spanos!
Well if he is jumping on the interview it likely means a couple of things......he wants the hell back as a HC SOMEWHERE and he probably has ties to GT or the southeast , perhaps with family or football or both. And yes, maybe he's gotten tired of the same OC position and working for the same owner and now having to coach in a soccer stadium atmosphere.....that must just suck. What's the ceiling? He's moving on and then likely would want to at some point return to the NFL as a head coach if he succeeds at GT.....or if the deal is sweet enough there just stay put as do guys like David Shaw et al.......I think some of these coaches get really tired of the player BS in the NFL. Add to that the owner BS and he's gotta be yearning for something better. Hope he's outa there soon. Same goes for Gus Bradley. Move on fellas. And Bolt players take note.
Whiz is from Augusta and played at Georgia Tech in the early 80's. Could be that he's looking to go home.

wrbanwal

I read somewhere he never talked or is going to talk to anyone until after the season is over.

This smells just like a potus tweet from a twit

Gill Man

Staff member
Whiz is from Augusta and played at Georgia Tech in the early 80's. Could be that he's looking to go home.
And there ya have it. Bobby Ross territory. It's a prestigious job. Could lead him back to the NFL as a HC at some point too.

Gill Man

Staff member
I read somewhere he never talked or is going to talk to anyone until after the season is over.

yeah those are the usual disclaimers as the season winds down and your team is still in the hunt.

Just like he did before the playoff game in Denver when he went around interviewing for jobs instead of game planning. Come on Whiz, you can do it again!