What the raiders plan to do about the " Gates Situation"

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

mapcap55

BoltTalker
Aug 21, 2006
Article

It's almost guaranteed that rookie strong safety Michael Huff will be part of the puzzle. The Raiders loved Huff coming out of Texas because of his dual strengths …ldquo; he can play the run like a safety and cover like a cornerback. He's a 'tweener, and as such he is ideally suited to cover an athletic tight end.

Of course, putting a rookie on Gates for the entire game would be a little sadistic. Expect the Raiders to involve safety Derrick Gibson, nickel backs Tyrone Poole and Chris Carr, and perhaps linebacker Thomas Howard. End Tyler Brayton may even try to chuck Gates at the line occasionally.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Nobody can cover him unless he is triple teamed and then they still get their asses kicked.

Short of sending Officer Mansker for a "visit" - Gates will dominate.

foober

BoltTalker
Aug 17, 2006
Trumpet_Man said:
Nobody can cover him unless he is triple teamed and then they still get their asses kicked.

And if Jackson can stay healthy I think were in for something special this year with the passing game.

glutton4Bolts

BoltTalker
Aug 27, 2006
Trumpet_Man said:

LOL! That last name is gonna be infamous in Bolt land for years to come. And I agree, the Faiders will have no answer for Gates.... but then agaain, neither will the rest of the league!

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
glutton4Bolts said:
LOL! That last name is gonna be infamous in Bolt land for years to come. And I agree, the Faiders will have no answer for Gates.... but then agaain, neither will the rest of the league!
I hope Foley wins his case by the start of next season, then we have him and Kiel who have been shot multiple times and lived. We are bullet proof !!! :icon_mrgreen:

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Trumpet_Man said:
I hope Foley wins his case by the start of next season, then we have him and Kiel who have been shot multiple times and lived. We are bullet proof !!! :icon_mrgreen:
I hope the injuries dont put him on the shelf for good.

glutton4Bolts

BoltTalker
Aug 27, 2006
Trumpet_Man said:
The best defense in football includes the "Bullet Boys"! Has a nice ring to it!

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Concudan said:
I hope the injuries dont put him on the shelf for good.
AJ made a comment in his briefing that by the injuries it was "quite obvious" he would be out for the season.

It must be bad or require a shit-load of re-hab is my read here.....

The players that heard the story from Foley and the Cops visiting the Chargers locker room did not help matters at all.

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
Gates is going to be a mainstay in the Pro Bowl for here on out starting from last years Pro Bowl then we will see it all unfold from there, year after year.

A possible Super Bowl MVP is not out of the reach as well.:icon_mrgreen: