• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What are we going to do wit our 1st round pick?

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
mizzouchargerfan said:
we have to go offensive line don't we?
Not necessarily. We can fix our line through free agency. At #19, I think that the bolts will go for Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes if they are available. If not, look for the bolts to take the best available DB.

I think someone like Marcus McNeill could open things up for LT, but maybe Jackson or Holmes would nice for our new QB in Rivers.....let's go AJ!:yes:

Now that Denver has pick 15, Holmes and Jackson may be gone before 19. Instead of giving up a high draft pick to move up in the first round, why not give up a lower round pick and make the swap for Eric Moulds?:icon_huh:

iBØLT said:
Now that Denver has pick 15, Holmes and Jackson may be gone before 19. Instead of giving up a high draft pick to move up in the first round, why not give up a lower round pick and make the swap for Eric Moulds?:icon_huh:
I'd love to have Moulds. :icon_mrgreen:

Trumpet_Man

eldwin said:
I don't like Cromartie coming off the injury. It's too much of a gamble at 19. But he would come into a decent situation in San Diego. He probably wouldn't start right away and would be eased into the defense.

He might even line up at WR for a few plays.
I am worried about the injury as well but this kids upside and ability to play corner or safety is rare. It is a gamble but dang, the more I read about him and see the more I like.

Trumpet_Man

eldwin said:
If AJ and the doctors think he will be OK, then that's enough assurance for me. I know the guy looks good on the track, but he hasn't played football in a year.

The big test for me is what happens when he has to cut and plant on the knee with Randy Moss in his grill.

No doubt he would've been a top 5-10 pick if he didn't blow a wheel.
If he can be an impact - right on....fingers crossed on Cromartie. The upside is what gets me by the fan loins.

RMANCIL

ChargerRay said:
Not necessarily. We can fix our line through free agency. At #19, I think that the bolts will go for Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes if they are available. If not, look for the bolts to take the best available DB.
Who do you have in mind ?

I don't know of any F.A. LOT that will help this club. I think Oben injury is career threatening and LOT is a huge need area.

The Bolts imop must draft a lot who can play this year. I only see Justice and Whitworth fitting our scheme with Winston a long shot.

Unless we see some Bolts trade up either 1st round or 2 nd round one of these players will have to be selected at 19#. When you look at this roster we need a dime DB and a OT every other position is icing on the cake and dime DB can be had as F.A. perhaps Fletcher will resign.

I don't think the Bolts will trade the 19 slot down perhaps up but not down.
They may move up in round 2 and they may use some of their lower round picks to get the job done.

RMANCIL

eldwin said:
I don't like Cromartie coming off the injury. It's too much of a gamble at 19. But he would come into a decent situation in San Diego. He probably wouldn't start right away and would be eased into the defense.

He might even line up at WR for a few plays.
Another issue is he has very little PT in college , he isn't as good of a pick in that area as Allen is who has some great work out numbers as well with a lot more game experience.