Week 13 games

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

DFWBoltFan

Where am I?
Apr 19, 2011
0-4 against the division. That is usually a good reason to fire the HC and maybe also the GM (John Spanos should get the axe along with TT, if for no other reason than forcing Lamar Jackson to audition as a WR and passing on the guy in the draft)
Impeach Spanos.

Reactions: Gill Man

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
“Spanos said the extension was recommended by his son, John, who is the Chargers’ president of football operations. He agreed Telesco was deserving of a new deal.”

Dumber taking advice from Dumberer.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
So I take the dog for a walk and drive him down to where we walk and listened to the last minute or so on the radio. Geez, the announcer for the LAC are so biased and horrible it's mind boggling. Totally one sided interpretation of everything ....they should also be fired on the spot. Fake news. I was laughing my ass off in the driver's seat at the ending.....I think the drivers passing me were thinking I was psycho. LOL. They woulda been right ;) :laugh::p I have an Anger Management Syndrome caused by Dean Spanos.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
“Spanos said the extension was recommended by his son, John, who is the Chargers’ president of football operations. He agreed Telesco was deserving of a new deal.”

Dumber taking advice from Dumberer.
Other than the OL, TT has done a very good job IMHO.
Those that talk about passing on Lamar, as I recall he was not highly touted coming out of college and teams wanted him to switch to TB or WR. Lets not confuse things based on hind sight.

FiftyFive

Dean Spanos is a traitor!
Nov 14, 2017
0-4 against the division. That is usually a good reason to fire the HC and maybe also the GM (John Spanos should get the axe along with TT, if for no other reason than forcing Lamar Jackson to audition as a WR and passing on the guy in the draft)
Reality:

Deano will never fire John for obvious reasons.

If Lynn gets fired, they'll just replace him with another mediocre, cheap yes-man and get the same results as always.

If Telesco gets fired, we all know Deano will just make John the GM.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Those that talk about passing on Lamar, as I recall he was not highly touted coming out of college and teams wanted him to switch to TB or WR. Lets not confuse things based on hind sight.
The big mistake, and resulting comedy piece, is that Dean is taking advice from John. If they were out shopping for sweaters that might be ok.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
The big mistake, and resulting comedy piece, is that Dean is taking advice from John. If they were out shopping for sweaters that might be ok.
I'm not sure I'd even take advice from the guy on sweaters.......probably he'd select one that would be really flashy and expensive looking but would be a knockoff and wear out and get a hole in it rendering it useless.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I'm not sure I'd even take advice from the guy on sweaters.......probably he'd select one that would be really flashy and expensive looking but would be a knockoff and wear out and get a hole in it rendering it useless.
“Hey dad, I saw a great sweater for you at Walmart!”

• Haha

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
“Hey dad, I saw a great sweater for you at Walmart!”
Pawn shop. Goodwill. Heck they are such a dumpster fire and an NFL disaster zone they probably would qualify for Red Cross. "Hey dad, Sign Guy is dropping us care packages filled with sweaters!"

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Can you imagine if someone gave Dean a Rams sweater for Christmas?
Yeah, his dumbass brother Michael (who was listed on their website as the person “leading the stadium effort” after they had already announced their move), Dean would be like “what the fuck?”, and Mikey would be like “what? It says Los Angeles!”

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
A good job minus an o'line and no help from the refs gets you last place. In other words, Telesco sucks at being a g.m. - always has.

Reactions: Fender57

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Hayward DID turn around. That is when the Receiver ran into him.

He was facing infield most of the way down, turned to the sideline to find the ball.
Because the NFL has a new reason for calling or not calling pass interference every week and every situation, it is impossible to know what the right call is. In that scenario, the call just goes to whomever is supposed to win.

Reactions: Fender57

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
They've struggled against all the tomato can teams they've played all year. They've really fallen a long ways back from where they were last year. PR is done. O line sucks, those guys are terrible. They still cannot stop the run. 4-8, season over. I hope they win out and ruin their draft position lolz.
No blocking. No run defense. Sounds like the same Spanoses I used to root for - just repping a crappier city.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
After giving great praise to Jackson's abilities, this scout said,

Best-suited destination: This might be one of the more crucial elements to Jackson’s success. If he’s wedged into a traditional NFL offense that doesn’t play up his unique skill set, Jackson will always feel choked by the system and won't truly be allowed to shine. However, if he’s placed with creative offensive minds who can design a vertical, play-action based passing game, with some RPOs (run-pass options) and zone-read runs mixed in, Jackson could be a transformational talent. There’s work to be done, and playing too early could hurt his long-term development and risk his health.

Among the teams that make the most sense for Jackson include the New Orleans Saints, Pittsburgh Steelers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Baltimore Ravens, New England Patriots, Los Angeles Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Seattle Seahawks, Arizona Cardinals, Cincinnati Bengals, Denver Broncos and Miami Dolphins.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
After giving great praise to Jackson's abilities, this scout said,

Best-suited destination: This might be one of the more crucial elements to Jackson’s success. If he’s wedged into a traditional NFL offense that doesn’t play up his unique skill set, Jackson will always feel choked by the system and won't truly be allowed to shine. However, if he’s placed with creative offensive minds who can design a vertical, play-action based passing game, with some RPOs (run-pass options) and zone-read runs mixed in, Jackson could be a transformational talent. There’s work to be done, and playing too early could hurt his long-term development and risk his health.

Among the teams that make the most sense for Jackson include the New Orleans Saints, Pittsburgh Steelers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Baltimore Ravens, New England Patriots, Los Angeles Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Seattle Seahawks, Arizona Cardinals, Cincinnati Bengals, Denver Broncos and Miami Dolphins.
I'm not sure how he selected those teams but my guess based on the teams picked and his recommendation that he not start too soon, those teams mostly had QB's but who might be out of the mix soon, only possible reason LAC mentioned IMO. The difference between those listed and the one that picked him, is the one that picked him was flexible enough and forward-looking enough with a brilliant enough offensive and HC they were able to fully develop a system in which Lamar could thrive. Not gonna happen with the LAC. Too stupid and backward looking......remember that whole "continuuity" thing spanos was hung up on???? He is a dumbass with zero foresight and ability to think outside the box and he cannot turn the football operation over to anyone who has enough character and charisma and independence because he is afraid of his own shadow. He would never hire a HC who is his own man. He needs a yes man and someone who will take orders and not make waves. Way too conservative an owner to have signed a Lamar jackson or a coach able to make him what he is today. Glad he went to Baltimore and where they knew the talent they had so as to let Flacco take a hike.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Houston has gonads......against Patriots...long 35 yard td pass was overturned due
to last THIRD step, receiver was starting to lose the ball.
Back to 3rd and 10. So Watson throws a 35 yard TD on the next play to the other receiver. Wow.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
I can see evidence that Belichick and/or his coaching staff are the best there has ever been. I see zero evidence that Brady is the best. He isn't even the best qb in this game.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Okay. I did, for the first time, see Brady make one great play. He dodged a couple guys and threw a TD while on the run.

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
I can see evidence that Belichick and/or his coaching staff are the best there has ever been. I see zero evidence that Brady is the best. He isn't even the best qb in this game.
He's 42 now. He's obviously not the best QB anymore especially with physical freaks like Mahomes and Jackson in the league now. They're arguably already at the top of the list which is nuts considering how young they are.