Week 13 games

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

FiftyFive

Dean Spanos is a traitor!
Nov 14, 2017
I dont think the Chargers were going to win, but to lose on that call is unacceptable!
Here's an idea: don't commit PI in field goal range if you don't want to get called for it. The Deanos earned this loss fair and square.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Here's an idea: don't commit PI in field goal range if you don't want to get called for it. The Deanos earned this loss fair and square.
Heres an idea HE DIDN'T COMMIT PI IN FIELD GOAL RANGE!

He turned to find the ball and the receiver ran into him. That is Offensive PI! Not Defensive PI!

But I get it, you don't like the Chargers so them losing to the refs is ok with you.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
That’s why it was a smart call. Toss it down the field, you might get a PI.

who else thinks we should get rid of the PI penalty now?

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
To me receiver and defender have equal right to ball but Hayward ran into/started conflict with that receiver.

Anyway the Chuggers can lose is fine with me. Last year, the calls, the fourth downs went their way,
So Karma...is now a Los Angeles car. :)

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
To me receiver and defender have equal right to ball but Hayward ran into/started conflict with that receiver.

Anyway the Chuggers can lose is fine with me. Last year, the calls, the fourth downs went their way,
The Yugo Car-ma. For those of you who like to think you’re a big shot, but are on a budget.

Reactions: Harryo the K

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006

Was the ball catchable? Not sure but it doesnt matter now.

What was the Chargers fault is playing the way they did so that one call matters.

Reactions: Fender57

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008

What was the Chargers fault is playing the way they did so that one call matters.
Yeah, this team was supposed to contend but instead they find themselves looking up at the standings and losing to Denver (!) twice.

Reactions: Concudan

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006

I say make it a 5 yard & first down penalty.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

gotta take back what I said about Fangio earlier. At least he had the nads to throw a hail mary on the last play rather than turtle and go to overtime. IF he'd let his kicker kick the FG at the end of the half he probably wouldn't have had to worry about that late hail mary. He redeemed himself at the end there. Well done, now maybe he'll start getting some nerve about him and wind up saving his own hide. Other than that they really did eff up that early lead and let the chuggers have all the chances in the world to win. Luckily they were playing a team that always finds a way to step on their own dicks and lose lolz.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
The bigger issue is the fact they lose to 3rd
String qb and continue to have turnover issues.
They've struggled against all the tomato can teams they've played all year. They've really fallen a long ways back from where they were last year. PR is done. O line sucks, those guys are terrible. They still cannot stop the run. 4-8, season over. I hope they win out and ruin their draft position lolz.

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017

Interception....fumble....multiple sacks....field goal off the post....I think they were in mid season form.

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
GAWD, the Chargers are terrible, lol.
0-4 against the division. That is usually a good reason to fire the HC and maybe also the GM (John Spanos should get the axe along with TT, if for no other reason than forcing Lamar Jackson to audition as a WR and passing on the guy in the draft)

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
0-4 against the division. That is usually a good reason to fire the HC and maybe also the GM (John Spanos should get the axe along with TT, if for no other reason than forcing Lamar Jackson to audition as a WR and passing on the guy in the draft)
Read the story from May of this year 2019.

Incompetence. Not going to happen.

“When we lost to New England, man, we hit a brick wall,” Spanos said. “They beat us. They beat us good.

“They’re a good team. They’re a great team. If we can get to the playoffs next year, I think there’s a good chance we might play them again.”
Following the season, the Chargers extended the contract of general manager Tom Telesco, as definitive an endorsement as there is for a team executive.

Spanos said the extension was recommended by his son, John, who is the Chargers’ president of football operations. He agreed Telesco was deserving of a new deal.

“I’m pleased with the way things are going,” Spanos said. “I know we need to do better. I just have confidence that he’s the right guy.”

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Read the story from May of this year 2019.

Incompetence. Not going to happen.

“When we lost to New England, man, we hit a brick wall,” Spanos said. “They beat us. They beat us good.

“They’re a good team. They’re a great team. If we can get to the playoffs next year, I think there’s a good chance we might play them again.”
Following the season, the Chargers extended the contract of general manager Tom Telesco, as definitive an endorsement as there is for a team executive.

Spanos said the extension was recommended by his son, John, who is the Chargers’ president of football operations. He agreed Telesco was deserving of a new deal.

“I’m pleased with the way things are going,” Spanos said. “I know we need to do better. I just have confidence that he’s the right guy.”
classic organizational dysfunction, nepotism, and incompetence. Exactly why they have never won anything and never will as long as the dumbass owns the team.

Reactions: Faded Blues