weak ten

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Per PFT

A fourth down completion to Hunter Henry and a 50-yard bomb to Mike Williams gave the Chargers a real chance to tie the game. An officiating error on the Williams catch also granted the Chargers extra time as the clock stopped when Williams was touched down in bounds and the clock should have continued to run.
They tried to hand the game to the Deanos, but they refused it again.

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Conc.....you told me to “wait till the games are played”.

Rivers may well end up with the Raiders. Bears would take him right now. I like Rivers but he should of held out for an extension and more cash this year.

View attachment 6946
I think Felipe might want to try out for the Dos Equis "Most Interesting Man in the World" commercials. Nice retirement gig.

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
Would have been nice for the Raiders to have sole possession of 1st in the west. But this result is even better. Nice job Chiefs!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Would have been nice for the Raiders to have sole possession of 1st in the west. But this result is even better. Nice job Chiefs!
What an odd world....
Raider fan asking about first place....
Raider fan glad the Chiefs won...
Raider fan taking years of Charger optimism into the winds December....

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Looks like the Pack is suffering another west coast hangover.
They are getting killed. The O line cannot handle the Niner pass rush .....that Niner D is headed toward a passing yd. avg. record held since I think 1982. That coach George Salah has them playing like Seattle's SB defenses from several years ago. Doesn't help that the Packer line has injuries but not a good excuse, at least get some yards somewhere. There was a big play the Pack had that the ref failed to throw an interference on the Niners...it was so obvious he grabbed the receiver's arm.....ridiculous officiating once again. But one play isn't gonna put the Pack anywhere near 23 points at the half. Pack will make the playoffs but doubt they go anywhere, too many issues still. And not sure I'm on board with Lafleur.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Niners and Hawks look to be the class of the NFC.
That's gonna be a great rematch up in SEA. Hope the 'Hawks win, not a SF fan. But gotta admit that D is pretty special and they could take it all just with their D if they keep that up.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
That's gonna be a great rematch up in SEA. Hope the 'Hawks win, not a SF fan. But gotta admit that D is pretty special and they could take it all just with their D if they keep that up.
Yeah, that’s a real good matchup, the best defense against the best QB. Wilson can make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Love to see him get another crack at NE in the SuperBowl.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Yeah, that’s a real good matchup, the best defense against the best QB. Wilson can make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Love to see him get another crack at NE in the SuperBowl.
Yeah some potential great SB matchups are possible. I wanna see how that SF D holds up against Lamar Jackson and Co. That will be interesting. Conspiracy theory: the league wants a matchup of Brady vs. Garopolo. Start looking for officiating snafus in each of those team's games down the stretch and in the playoffs. Just a sneaky hunch that is going to happen given all the horrendous officiating that strongly points to fixing.

EDIT: Yesterday in the Dallas/NE game Troy Aikman was so obviously rooting for Dallas it was sick. However, had to reluctantly agree with him on the phantom hold called against Dallas at a critical juncture in the game. There was zero evidence of a hold. The lineman merely rotated his leg out to block.......it was nowhere near the definition of a hold or illegal trip or anything like that I could see. Conspiracy theory....evidence #1. But I was glad Jerrah lost....hate that guy and his team too.

Last edited:

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Yeah some potential great SB matchups are possible. I wanna see how that SF D holds up against Lamar Jackson and Co. That will be interesting. Conspiracy theory: the league wants a matchup of Brady vs. Garopolo. Start looking for officiating snafus in each of those team's games down the stretch and in the playoffs. Just a sneaky hunch that is going to happen given all the horrendous officiating that strongly points to fixing.
That storyline crossed my mind as well. There is no way in hell Belichick allows Jimmy G to beat him. I’d rather see the Hawks there.

Be great if the Ravens could take down the Pats. That’s the only challengers NE has in the AFC.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
It was a relief up here in OC to not have to watch the chuggers due to a bye and the lambs are on tonite. Worst thing for LA ever those 2 teams moved back. lolz.

Reactions: Fender57

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
That storyline crossed my mind as well. There is no way in hell Belichick allows Jimmy G to beat him. I’d rather see the Hawks there.

Be great if the Ravens could take down the Pats. That’s the only challengers NE has in the AFC.
agree would much rather see the 'Hawks, cannot stand the Niners/fans. Even Al Michaels and Chris Collingsworth were going way over the top with comparisons of the defense to the Steel Curtain and the Purple People Eaters and saying they could be the best D of all time lolz. After what just over half a season against a lot of tomato cans? More NFL hype. Half the Packers record is against the worst division in football. That is a mirage record. I knew they weren't all that. The chuggers proved it. Many issues with that team. So the storyline was a huge playoff implication matchup. Packers aren't going anywhere other than one and done.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
agree would much rather see the 'Hawks, cannot stand the Niners/fans. Even Al Michaels and Chris Collingsworth were going way over the top with comparisons of the defense to the Steel Curtain and the Purple People Eaters and saying they could be the best D of all time lolz. After what just over half a season against a lot of tomato cans? More NFL hype.
My baseline is the 85 Bears. Frisco is nowhere near that, they’re not even up to par with the Legion of Boom from a few years ago. They are a very good defense though. I really like Nick Bosa, if they can somehow sign his brother watch out!

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
My baseline is the 85 Bears. Frisco is nowhere near that, they’re not even up to par with the Legion of Boom from a few years ago. They are a very good defense though. I really like Nick Bosa, if they can somehow sign his brother watch out!
Agree, Michaels and Collingsworth were so negligent in their pronouncement they didn't even MENTION that defense. Ridiculous. And yeah, they have not equaled the Legion of Boom YET. But they ARE very intimidating and the record they might set for passing yds/game allowed is very impressive. I'm not sure how they were able to sign all those linemen on the D PLUS free agent WR's and put it all together so fast. They DID have years of drafting very high in each round so that's one way they built it. My hunch is some team is going to sign Saleh to a HC position right after this year so he's gonna be gone. And they will have to unload players who will be demanding higher contracts. But credit that organization and especially John Lynch for quickly assembling a bigtime contender and such a tough D. Plus they appear to have huge depth, a guy goes down and they don't miss a beat. THAT is coaching. Apparently Saleh is extremely good at instructing players and motivating them.....he's HC material right off the bat. His colleague in college was Lafleur......one guy is very exceptional, the other meh. Saleh will be a HC next year....bank it. And whoever gets him will be going down the right path. They DO however need a topflight GM the guy can work with and a top notch OC. Do that and put in a few good drafts and they are going to be a team that is at the top of the league.

Re: Bosas. Yes, I sure they dream of playing on the same D. Joey instructed Nick before last nites matchup on how to defend against the tackle on the Packers and overall how to beat that team. Those 2 guys are exceptionally talented. I'd keep a watch out for PED suspensions somewhere down the line on them though. It's just not exactly common for players to be that dominant in year 1 of the NFL. Conspiracy theory #2.

Reactions: Fender57

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Agree, Michaels and Collingsworth were so negligent in their pronouncement they didn't even MENTION that defense. Ridiculous. And yeah, they have not equaled the Legion of Boom YET. But they ARE very intimidating and the record they might set for passing yds/game allowed is very impressive. I'm not sure how they were able to sign all those linemen on the D PLUS free agent WR's and put it all together so fast. They DID have years of drafting very high in each round so that's one way they built it. My hunch is some team is going to sign Saleh to a HC position right after this year so he's gonna be gone. And they will have to unload players who will be demanding higher contracts. But credit that organization and especially John Lynch for quickly assembling a bigtime contender and such a tough D. Plus they appear to have huge depth, a guy goes down and they don't miss a beat. THAT is coaching. Apparently Saleh is extremely good at instructing players and motivating them.....he's HC material right off the bat. His colleague in college was Lafleur......one guy is very exceptional, the other meh. Saleh will be a HC next year....bank it. And whoever gets him will be going down the right path. They DO however need a topflight GM the guy can work with and a top notch OC. Do that and put in a few good drafts and they are going to be a team that is at the top of the league.

Re: Bosas. Yes, I sure they dream of playing on the same D. Joey instructed Nick before last nites matchup on how to defend against the tackle on the Packers and overall how to beat that team. Those 2 guys are exceptionally talented. I'd keep a watch out for PED suspensions somewhere down the line on them though. It's just not exactly common for players to be that dominant in year 1 of the NFL. Conspiracy theory #2.
Regarding the Bosas, it wouldn’t surprise me either if a PED accusation came forward for either of those guys. LT (the real one from the Giants) and Leslie O’Neal are two guys who were dominant right out of college without any PEDs (although LT was probably snorting coke, but that is not a performance enhancer). We shall see.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Regarding the Bosas, it wouldn’t surprise me either if a PED accusation came forward for either of those guys. LT (the real one from the Giants) and Leslie O’Neal are two guys who were dominant right out of college without any PEDs (although LT was probably snorting coke, but that is not a performance enhancer). We shall see.
Why?
JJ Watt was also dominant, and has he been accused of PEDs?

Maybe air port security needs to check for more wizinators?

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Why?

Yeah I was racking my brain trying to think of other guys, Watt is another like LT and Leslie who was dominant from the get-go. But PEDs are a way of life for these guys, right or wrong. Not being judgmental, but they abuse their bodies daily so usage of enhancements would not surprise me at all.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Yeah I was racking my brain trying to think of other guys, Watt is another like LT and Leslie who was dominant from the get-go. But PEDs are a way of life for these guys, right or wrong. Not being judgmental, but they abuse their bodies daily so usage of enhancements would not surprise me at all.
Well there is also great stress to continue to compete at elite levels. So I would not be shocked, but I think Joey would have already poped on a test if he was using. That is not to say in 5 years or so he wont to 'keep' the edge.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Why?

would not doubt if JJ Watt also involved. None of that would suprise me one bit. It's rampant and there are numerous ways these guys have of circumventing the monitoring process. Just sayin' if you compare across the board these players to a few decades ago it's night and day....the old Redskin Hogs would be the size of current linebackers. I don't buy it's just better training techniques and equipment etc.

As for wizinators.......yeah Ken Whizinator should be put on the homeland security list for sure lolz.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
would not doubt if JJ Watt also involved. None of that would suprise me one bit. It's rampant and there are numerous ways these guys have of circumventing the monitoring process. Just sayin' if you compare across the board these players to a few decades ago it's night and day....the old Redskin Hogs would be the size of current linebackers. I don't buy it's just better training techniques and equipment etc.

As for wizinators.......yeah Ken Whizinator should be put on the homeland security list for sure lolz.
I was referring to the Wizinator Ontario Smith got busted for back in the day...

In May 2005, Smith was detained at the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport for carrying dried urine and a "mysterious" device that was later identified as a Whizzinator (a kit used to beat drug tests). In June, he was suspended for the entire 2005 season after a third violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy.

On Wednesday, April 26, 2006, Smith was released by the Vikings three days prior to the 2006 NFL Draft and more than a month away from the end of his suspension.[3]

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I was referring to the Wizinator Ontario Smith got busted for back in the day...

In May 2005, Smith was detained at the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport for carrying dried urine and a "mysterious" device that was later identified as a Whizzinator (a kit used to beat drug tests). In June, he was suspended for the entire 2005 season after a third violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy.

On Wednesday, April 26, 2006, Smith was released by the Vikings three days prior to the 2006 NFL Draft and more than a month away from the end of his suspension.[3]
gotcha.....interesting.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
1. Don't sell me any Jerry Rice -Joe Montana SF glory days are back smack until the 49ers actually beat the Patriots.
Probably be another dumb Super Bowl of Patriots shutting down another NFC team and winning 16-10.

2. Where can I get a whizzinator? Maybe with a built in night light.

• Haha

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
1. Don't sell me any Jerry Rice -Joe Montana SF glory days are back smack until the 49ers actually beat the Patriots.
Probably be another dumb Super Bowl of Patriots shutting down another NFC team and winning 16-10.

2. Where can I get a whizzinator? Maybe with a built in night light.
I think maybe you are referring to the geezinator model lolz.