• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Wade Phillips gets some props

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9718087

Wade Phillips, San Diego Chargers defensive coordinator: Phillips has been coaching in the NFL for 30 years. He's been a head coach in this league in four different cities and he plays a unique version of the 3-4 defense. His stingy Chargers defense has given up only 36 points this season and the big conference win over the world champion Steelers was another great defensive effort. Ben Roethlisberger didn't throw a touchdown pass, while Willie Parker rushed for just 57 yards and didn't have a run over 15 yards. Phillips lost the services of outside linebacker Steve Foley earlier this year, but his replacement, Shaun Phillips, led a defense that had five sacks and two interceptions against Pittsburgh. After the Steelers jumped out to a 10-0 early lead, the Chargers defense turned it up a notch and the visitors didn't score a point in the second half, allowing the Chargers offense to crawl back into the game and ultimately win it.

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
PhillyChargerFan said:
Nice dig!!! :tup:

Thank God AJ 'forced' Wade on marty :yes:
you mean we wouldn't be with Dale Lindsay? (God that's a name I banned to the depths of hell)

PhillyChargerFan

PostAnteaterCharger said:
you mean we wouldn't be with Dale Lindsay? (God that's a name I banned to the depths of hell)
Ya know I still blame him and his defensive scheme (if that's what you want to call it) as the main reason we no longer have Harrison....

Wade has created a very dominate defense with the 3-4 base scheme.

I hope that it can help us get to the Super Bowl and win the Lombardi Trophy for the San Diego Chargers.

HEXEDBOLT

Don't like it, lump it!!!
We "crawled back into othe game" I must have been watching a different game. When we got it going, "IT" was on, jmho.:bolt: