• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Vote on Shaun Phillips' nickname

What's his nickname

• Shaun "Sidewinder" Phillips

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • "The Other Guy" Shaun Phillips

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Shaun "The Shredder" Phillips

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • "Shotgun" Shaun Phillips

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • "Flash/Phlash" Phillips

• Shaun "The Strike" Phillips

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Shaun "of the dead" Phillips

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • "The Kingpin" Shaun Phillips

• THose sucked, mine's better

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

MadMike

Well now that I read this on Charger.com, I think i will revise my nickname to Shaun "Strike" Phillips as it appears he will conitnue to "bowl" this year and he Strikes at opposing QB's and knocks them all down!:

http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/chargers-fortunate-to.htm

"Celebration time

Following one of his two sacks Sunday against San Francisco, Phillips celebrated by acting like he was bowling. On Wednesday, he revealed that the move was a tribute to his late grandmother, who is an avid bowler.

“She loved to bowl,” Phillips explained. “She passed away a few years back, so it touched me a lot. I’m going to stick with it. Stephen Cooper helped me choreograph it.”

Phillips is tied for third in the NFL with six sacks on the season."

foober

BoltTalker
has "the other guy" been mentioned yet.:icon_toast: :icon_banana: :icon_party: :icon_toast: :nana_guitar:

I guess i'm just not that imaginative.

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
foober said:
has "the other guy" been mentioned yet.:icon_toast: :icon_banana: :icon_party: :icon_toast: :nana_guitar:

I guess i'm just not that imaginative.
see #2
but there are other options

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #GoBoats #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Tempted to go with "The Strike" since he did the motion last game. But I voted for Shaun "The Shredder" Phillips.

ChargerRay said:
Tempted to go with "The Strike" since he did the motion last game. But I voted for Shaun "The Shredder" Phillips.
Ray, he does the strike (bowling motion) for his deceased grandmother who was an avid bowler.. :icon_wink:

megold0715

Ok carrie so strike is an good name growing on me but i still like shredder it was the first thing that came to mind..oh speaking of bowling they have all sorts of custom bowling balls i saw yankees ,faiders,dallas giants ,has anybody seen a chargers bowling ball because i would want one ive been looking for a while thsnks

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #GoBoats #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
carrie1219 said:
Ray, he does the strike (bowling motion) for his deceased grandmother who was an avid bowler.. :icon_wink:
Ahh..I see. Nice of Shaun to honor his GM like that.

Boltjolt

Why does he need a nicname? Not all great players had them....most didnt.

Whats wrong with just plain ol SuPer.....with out using the lisp ;)