Vote on Shaun Phillips' nickname

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What's his nickname

• Shaun "Sidewinder" Phillips

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • "The Other Guy" Shaun Phillips

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Shaun "The Shredder" Phillips

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • "Shotgun" Shaun Phillips

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • "Flash/Phlash" Phillips

• Shaun "The Strike" Phillips

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Shaun "of the dead" Phillips

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • "The Kingpin" Shaun Phillips

• THose sucked, mine's better

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

MadMike

Mar 17, 2006
Well now that I read this on Charger.com, I think i will revise my nickname to Shaun "Strike" Phillips as it appears he will conitnue to "bowl" this year and he Strikes at opposing QB's and knocks them all down!:

http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/chargers-fortunate-to.htm

"Celebration time

Following one of his two sacks Sunday against San Francisco, Phillips celebrated by acting like he was bowling. On Wednesday, he revealed that the move was a tribute to his late grandmother, who is an avid bowler.

“She loved to bowl,” Phillips explained. “She passed away a few years back, so it touched me a lot. I’m going to stick with it. Stephen Cooper helped me choreograph it.”

Phillips is tied for third in the NFL with six sacks on the season."

foober

BoltTalker
Aug 17, 2006
has "the other guy" been mentioned yet.:icon_toast: :icon_banana: :icon_party: :icon_toast: :nana_guitar:

I guess i'm just not that imaginative.

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
foober said:
has "the other guy" been mentioned yet.:icon_toast: :icon_banana: :icon_party: :icon_toast: :nana_guitar:

I guess i'm just not that imaginative.
see #2
but there are other options

Carrie1219

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2005
not here
ChargerRay said:
Tempted to go with "The Strike" since he did the motion last game. But I voted for Shaun "The Shredder" Phillips.
Ray, he does the strike (bowling motion) for his deceased grandmother who was an avid bowler.. :icon_wink:

megold0715

Oct 10, 2006
i know im like the new kid on the block but i gotta go with shredder it fits because he shreds apart anything in his way

megold0715

Oct 10, 2006
Ok carrie so strike is an good name growing on me but i still like shredder it was the first thing that came to mind..oh speaking of bowling they have all sorts of custom bowling balls i saw yankees ,faiders,dallas giants ,has anybody seen a chargers bowling ball because i would want one ive been looking for a while thsnks

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
carrie1219 said:
Oh, Shuddup Martyballs!!!.... :icon_tease: :icon_tease:
:icon_rofl: :lol: :icon_rofl: My monitor hates me again. I had to clean it off one more time.:icon_rofl: :lol: :icon_rofl:

That is just too funny.

Boltjolt

Jun 18, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
Why does he need a nicname? Not all great players had them....most didnt.

Whats wrong with just plain ol SuPer.....with out using the lisp ;)

reef shark

BoltTalker
Sep 22, 2006
vegas
Chispa said:
Sounds like a convicted Priest.
hah yea but its got a nice ring right? or we can relate shaun to styles p, who sometimes calls himself "sp", so we can call phillips "sp the warlord". whadya think?

goboilers

BoltTalker
Jun 29, 2006
Can someone put a youtube clip for Shaun Phillips? Please.

Do we know Del Mar??

reef shark

BoltTalker
Sep 22, 2006
vegas
cmon now, the only name better than "sack perpetrator" (yea i know its funny) is "SP the Warlord". this nickname needs to become official ppl.