Vikings coach Childress says Daunte like T.O.

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
'Everything became about being a $10 million-a-year quarterback,' he says

Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress is glad Daunte Culpepper is gone. “Quite frankly, I don’t think he wanted to be here anymore,” he said.

Updated: 6:06 p.m. ET March 20, 2006

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress says he saw a little of T.O. in Daunte Culpepper. That was enough for him.

“It just became a deal where I didn’t feel like it was the team, I felt like it was ’me,”’ Childress said Monday about Culpepper. “I went through a big ’me’ situation last year with a guy who was all about ’me.”’

While still the offensive coordinator at Philadelphia, Childress clashed with Terrell Owens during training camp, the precursor to the mercurial receiver’s high-profile exile from the Eagles.

See the rest of the article here

Wow! Just wow! to compair any player to TO is the worst thing that can be done in my book. Is this the way his team thought of him, did the Dolphins just sign a cancer? Anyone in the know on this?

Chargerpower

BoltTalker
Oct 14, 2005
What's up with all these hurt and aging players wanting to get paid $10 million dollars a year? Ty Law, Culpepper, Brees...etc.

:icon_shrug:

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Chargerpower said:
What's up with all these hurt and aging players wanting to get paid $10 million dollars a year? Ty Law, Culpepper, Brees...etc.

:icon_shrug:
Hey man. Brees was the best of them, and if he gets 10 mill a year, more power too him.

Le the flaming begin *pulls up asbestos undies*

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
Last year, he had some probs, to say the least, but 04 saw him have oneuv the greatest seasons ever, even with Randy Moss doin a great TO impression!!

I think thats what the Phins are hopinta get!!:icon_mrgreen:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
I'd rather see the Vets get the big $$$$, rather than a rookie that ain't played a down in the NFL!!!:)

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
Plus, as always, the owners are their own worst enemies!!!:) :icon_mrgreen: