Two Teams Most Likely Remain in Brady Sweepstakes

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Unless retirement looks any better...
Doubt he retires but who knows for sure? Bucs going after him hard so maybe they give him a ton and all kinds of control. I still think he remains in NE, it's the best way for him to go out......think of the scene when he announces his last year and his last game at Foxboro....would be impressive.

captaind

Waka waka waka
Jul 12, 2007
Tennessee
Chargers offered @ $30M, so did the Bucs. This is a done deal, guys. This has been orchestrated by Jerry Jones from the start.

Rivers to Colts is rumored to be a done deal as well.

Reactions: handoverfist

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Chargers offered @ $30M, so did the Bucs. This is a done deal, guys. This has been orchestrated by Jerry Jones from the start.

Rivers to Colts is rumored to be a done deal as well.
Why do the let that asshole run things like he was Don Corleone? He’s more like Dumb Corleone.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Hey, hey, hey....take the political talk to the political playground!!;):roflmao:
Lol. It’s not political (in case this post gets exiled) but a legit NFL business question. Why do they let Jerrah run things, he’s not even the richest owner, and he’s got QB problems on his own.

That said, if the Chugs get Brady, do they pass on Herbert or Tua?

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
In the end it appears it was about money.

“What I was told happened was the Patriots told Tom Brady that all they can do is a one-year deal at less money than he made last year because of the $13.5 million that gets tacked onto the salary cap and basically, ‘What we’re going to be able to do here, Tom, is a one-year deal, but it’s not going to be for as much money as you got last year,’”

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Lol. It’s not political (in case this post gets exiled) but a legit NFL business question. Why do they let Jerrah run things, he’s not even the richest owner, and he’s got QB problems on his own.

That said, if the Chugs get Brady, do they pass on Herbert or Tua?
Sorry Fender, it was joke, I couldn't help myself!

Right or wrong, Jerry Jones has made the owners richer....on that, there's no dispute.
When Jerry bought the Cowboys for $140M 1989, the average franchise value was below $100M!
Today, the average franchise value is close to $3B!
The average franchise value curve goes from $423M in 2000 to $1.022B in 2010, but accelerates from there to the current $2.86B!
During this time, even though Jerry has been the ipsofacto commissionaire of the league, his team has NOT won shit in the playoffs...and that also should go a long way in enamoring him around the owners table!

LAC + Brady does not necessarily = LAC - Herbert or Tua.

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
I'll go on record and say if we end up with Bonnet Boy from Carolina, I am done with this team for good.
I want to know why they did not make any plays for the good OL free agents.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Sorry Fender, it was joke, I couldn't help myself!

Right or wrong, Jerry Jones has made the owners richer....on that, there's no dispute.
When Jerry bought the Cowboys for $140M 1989, the average franchise value was below $100M!
Today, the average franchise value is close to $3B!
The average franchise value curve goes from $423M in 2000 to $1.022B in 2010, but accelerates from there to the current $2.86B!
During this time, even though Jerry has been the ipsofacto commissionaire of the league, his team has NOT won shit in the playoffs...and that also should go a long way in enamoring him around the owners table!

LAC + Brady does not necessarily = LAC - Herbert or Tua.
Should Jerrah really get the credit?

Your last point would be valid on 31 other teams but we’re talking Spenises here.

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
Should Jerrah really get the credit?

Your last point would be valid on 31 other teams but we’re talking Spenises here.
Well, to be true, I was going based on the assumption that we both agree on the theory that Jerry Jones leads the conversation and the direction of the league at the owners meetings! IF we agree that Jerry has engineered deals with various corporate sponsors, TV deals, Stadium deals, etc...then, YES, he should get at least some of the credit for the increased franchise value. One could argue that his vision is shortsighted and a more slow and steady approach would be more beneficial in the long run, but based on the numbers as they exist right now, I can see where the rest of the owners would be OK with him leading the show. As I've said in past posts, I can't say that the "new breed" of owners that are coming in to the league are going to be as favorable towards him, given that we could be seeing the negative long range effects of his short term gains, now.

On the other point, I know exactly who we're talking about!...I don't think if it was up to those bozos, we'd be having the conversation regarding Brady.

The equation would be more like: LAC + Tyrod =