Tweets to share

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
I am not playing obtuse, acute, or rhombus. I am asking real questions that you aren't answering. Gillman and I agree on just about everything so I assume he'd be interested in knowing how rules aren't technical. If I am wrong and Gillman has it all figured out, he can let me know. I will let Whooki Mane answer questions that have you baffled.
Sigh.... get a crayon and paper. Take notes and keep up.

The NFL has made the rules too technical and complex. it is too much for the refs to follow and make a snap call on. Take for example all the elements involved in a catch, there are literally too many factors for a ref to make a split second decisoion. So refs are flagging on the side of caution, hoping replay will sort it out.

If you cant understand that... I cant help you.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018

The NFL has made the rules too technical and complex. it is too much for the refs to follow and make a snap call on. Take for example all the elements involved in a catch, there are literally too many factors for a ref to make a split second decisoion. So refs are flagging on the side of caution, hoping replay will sort it out.

Besides the insults, I agree with you conc.

The rules to be simplified across the board.

Too many judgment calls as well.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015

Yay. An answer. We have different definitions of what technical means, but at least I can rest easy understanding your point.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Too many rules were created to improve the owners percentages ...saving a head injury settlement...of a missed touchdown pass (Jones and Dez Bryan)....of a Tuck Rule...the onside kick do and donts.....the helmet rule which no one knows what it is...balls going into the end zone being a touchback versus spotted where the ball was lost ....extra points from the 35 yard line....can't hit the quarterback above shoulders or below the waist...the game is technical and complex because the owners have fcked over the rules to keep their expensive players on the field and the points way up....it has nothing to do with the basic rules of normal solid offense-defensive football...."defenseless receiver"? Ball overthrown high voids penalty but is never called...and refs do make up calls all the time and are told to give in on any possible play in the end zone to increase points... so much that Pittsburgh Joe Haden does a perfect, legal play on a player and he gets an unbelievable pass interference call...that's not just poor reffing...that is the way the refs are told to call it nowadays for more scores, more ratings.
The game is directed by the League. Refs are just doing what the owners want, good or bad, but the owners have ruined the game.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Just so you all know, if a ref is technical, he is making decisions based on a strict interpretation of the rules as they are literally written. In other words, it means the ref understands the rules as well as or better than anybody and is not deviating from them during any moment of the game.

Pereira does not believe in being technical. He believes in deviating from the rules. In other words, he thinks refs shouldn't do their jobs.

You guys are confusing "technical" for some other word. Technical refereeing would not lead to confusion - that would be impossible.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Try my method. Rambling or semi rambling with bonus accidental correct observation.
Well a Japanese policeman did tellme once, his first case was about a hitman who killed a man in a rice field using small porceline figurines. It was the first recorded case of a knick knack paddy whack.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Well a Japanese policeman did tellme once, his first case was about a hitman who killed a man in a rice field using small porceline figurines. It was the first recorded case of a knick knack paddy whack.
Now......we're making sense. Cents?

21509DBF-2C02-4312-855B-36B495D478B4.jpeg

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Complete BS to the loyal LA Spanos fans. They deserve to have their home playoff game in their stadium on their turf.