• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tweets to share

Nope and why the hell would San Diego even want them back if Spanos is still the owner? Just give us back the name and rebrand.
To be fair:

It was Lats business partner that made the comment.

Trust me,

Scott is usually wrong when he makes a prediction.

He just reported this one.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Jason La Canfora liked
Cincinnati Bengals‏Verified account @Bengals
23h23 hours ago
NEWS: The #Bengals acquire QB Tom Savage on waivers from the San Francisco 49ers and place QB Andy Dalton on the Reserve/Injured list.

Steve Mariucci liked
Kurt Warner‏Verified account @kurt13warner
16h16 hours ago
So I hold record for single game completion % for nearly a decade, then... it gets broken 2x
in 24hrs!!! Haha - my records are made to be broken, right @SteveMariucci !

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
Former first-round pick DE Marcus Smith II, released earlier in the season when the #Seahawks
believed he was headed toward retirement, is on the comeback trail. He’s working out for the #Bills today, source said. He worked out for the #Jets
last week.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Ricky Henne‏Verified account @ChargersRHenne
Bolts sign new RB to practice squad. DETAILS: https://www.chargers.com/news/full-list-of-los-angeles-chargers-2018-transaction-162286 …

Jim Trotter‏Verified account @JimTrotter_NFL 19h19 hours ago
I’ve said it for years and will say it again: The NFL and the NFLPA should have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to both domestic violence and DUI.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 5h5 hours ago
#Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette, suspended one game for his actions during Sunday’s fight, lost his appeal. The suspension was affirmed by appeals officer James Thrash, jointly appointed by the NFL & NFLPA. He remains out for Jacksonville’s upcoming game.

San Diego Fleet‏ @AAFFleet Nov 26
Fleet fresh!
#SDFleet merchandise is available now at @*****. #ComeAboard

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 3h3 hours ago
NFL Weekly Awards
AFC Players of the Week
Offense: QB Philip Rivers, LAC
Defense: DE J.J. Watt, HOU
Special Teams: PR Cyrus Jones, BAL
NFC Players of the Week
Offense: WR Amari Cooper, DAL
Defense: S Eddie Jackson, CHI
Special Teams: K Sebastian Janikowski, SEA

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
[TWEET]1070088322331107329[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1070063222198337537[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1069595371071000576[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1069990965652279297[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1070072004466933765[/TWEET]

Just because Washington picks up Johnson, it doesn’t preclude him playing for the Fleet in February. He may have to beat Bercovici or whoever is the starter, but it’s not necessarily a bad thing for him to possibly get some NFL experience.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Just because Washington picks up Johnson, it doesn’t preclude him playing for the Fleet in February. He may have to beat Bercovici or whoever is the starter, but it’s not necessarily a bad thing for him to possibly get some NFL experience.
The Redsins would have to cut him though, unless it was a very short contract.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
[TWEET]1070106665247260673[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1070106690077581312[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1070107740389998594[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1070108263578923008[/TWEET]

:x3:
The Redsins would have to cut him though, unless it was a very short contract.
I’m guessing the Fleet retains his rights. So whenever he’s free, he’ll be back. It’s likely he won’t be playing unless Sanchez gets hurt anyway. Johnson would actually be better off staying with the Fleet and working with Martz but I’m sure he’d jump at the chance to get back to the nfl.

Oh well, onto Bercovici I guess. He sorta looks like Kurt Warner, maybe he’ll play like him :roflmao:

Yeah, except that the LAC's cash-poor ownership--even after overturning & searching the couch cushions--doesn't have
any funds to tuck away. And they obviously can't work...not a one of them fit to be employed by anyone not named 'Dad.'
No, the only things this outfit might lock away for a rainy day is their umbrellas...

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 7.56.31 PM.png

nepotism-cartoon.jpg

captaind

Resist the Dark Side — Join the Alliance
Comparing MG to Eddie George is an insult. That guy was one of the worst RB’s I’ve ever seen (as I was force-fed the Titans every week at that time). He could get a 100-yd game, but it would take him 40 carries to do it. He had absolutely zero vision. Just bull-rushed the line, that’s about all he could do.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Comparing MG to Eddie George is an insult. That guy was one of the worst RB’s I’ve ever seen (as I was force-fed the Titans every week at that time). He could get a 100-yd game, but it would take him 40 carries to do it. He had absolutely zero vision. Just bull-rushed the line, that’s about all he could do.
So if you are from the volunteer state, how did you end up a SDC fan?
I used to live in Nash-Vegas when I was young, when Operyland was still around. 1122 Chicamunga Avenue.

captaind

Resist the Dark Side — Join the Alliance
So if you are from the volunteer state, how did you end up a SDC fan?
I used to live in Nash-Vegas when I was young, when Operyland was still around. 1122 Chicamunga Avenue.
Had three older brothers, we were very competitive. You picked your team - no one else’s team - and you stuck with them no matter what. So the Vikings, Cowboys & Rams we’re off-limits to me. That was about ‘78. I saw the Chargers on tv and thought they were the most exciting football team on the planet. Been a fan ever since (although not so much the last two seasons).

Funny thing is, none of my brothers stuck with their teams. Today, one only plays fantasy football, one only watches college, and the other converted to the Bolts after the Rams left LA.

I’llbe In Nash Vegas this weekend at the Opryland Hotel. Great city.

That was exactly my thoughts when I heard him bring up Eddie George!

Gordon actually reminds me of one of my all time favorite RBs.....Billy Sims!

Sims's body couldn't survive the punishment the comes with the position...but what he did in Oklahoma and his brief career in DET was enough for me to recognize him as one of the greats!

This was his debut with DET in 1980:

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
[TWEET]1071784603302674433[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1071775704298201089[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1071769688177291265[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1071757697203273729[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1071756234557145092[/TWEET]

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
[TWEET]1072279897811402753[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1072487880549982208[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1072182127473672193[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1072355328140984320[/TWEET]

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #GoBoats #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
WTF does LA Tomlinson care so much when the LAC are called SAN DIEGO?

[TWEET]1072174296489955335[/TWEET]