1. Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tweets to share

Discussion in 'American Football' started by Concudan, Nov 13, 2018.

1. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +2,077
    You are correct.

2. Concudan

Concudan Still Chargin Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,129
    Perspective...
    After years of scrub QBs, Brees and Flutie were the best we had seen since.... Fouts?

3. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,463
    Yes I think you are correct......it took him a bit to get really going......as it often does with rooks. IIRC he started slow and in fact there were doubts ........but I also recall Dan Fouts starting slow.....I remember him absolutely sucking during his first preseason LOLZ. Dan got bailed out by Don Coryell bigtime. Only to have Gene Klein trade away his favorite receiver, and then unload a bunch of key players on the team just when they were on the cusp of a Lombardi.

So when the Brees shoulder injury happened the front office got faked out of their jocks ....they made what they thought was the best judgement call with the least risk, and in retrospect probably can't be completely faulted...they could not be 100% sure Brees would return to full function.....and unfortunately it came up wrong for them in the long run, at least in regards what the 2 principals have accomplished re: # of times taking their teams to playoffs and winning and going deep, and also winning a Lombardi. Not all on PR mind you, it's at the top of the food chain as always. Brees lucky to go to a winning organization and coach. PR probably could have done similar at NO, not able to prove it, but almost no question he would have had the better opportunity. Problem was he got caught during his prime in all that dysfunction between Marty and ajsmith, then had to work under the clueless norv turner for how many year, 5?.....and then another 4 years after that under mike mccoy......absolute trash HC material, both of them. And let's not talk about the horrendous D coordinators during all that time like Ted Cottrell.

4. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +514
    That’s all well and good but saying Brees is the second best QB in SAN DIEGO history is disingenuous at best when Rivers had many better years there and took the team to an AFC Champioship game. And if we’re taking into account what Brees did after he left San Diego then he IS THE BEST QB in San Diego history. I get it, credibility isn’t a priority on this site but this one stood out.

5. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,463
    Ok if you need detail, to HAVE PLAYED for the Chargers.....leave out the word "history" because he never had more than 2 or 3 years of history courtesy of the F.O. decision making. Pretty obvious what Ray was meaning. I mean we could do the same for a whole bunch of players and also for other teams too. Actually if we use the same approach, we could say Johnny Unitas was the best QB ever to play for the Chargers LOLZ.

6. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +514
    That was my point. But if we’re using the new definition Brees is the best to ever play for San Diego.

7. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,838
    This guy also played as a Saint many, many times...but he's going to a different Hall of Fame...

Jared the Saint.jpeg

8. SDRay

SDRay RIP SD Chargers..F the LA Chargers, Go Irish Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,623
    Battle won.

City of Los Angeles @LACity Retweeted Los Angeles Rams

Congrats to our home team! Go #LARams[​IMG]!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,463
    No, Johnny Unitas.

10. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,838
    Yes, I remember watching all 7 of JU's INTs (against 34 completions) in that '73 transition season.

I admired the old guy, and I loved the '73 San Diego Charger uni...but it just didn't look right! :p

cf86018406394917bd1334e7fdfee945.jpg

11. SDRay

SDRay RIP SD Chargers..F the LA Chargers, Go Irish Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,623
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,223
    • Like Like x 4
  13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +2,077
  14. SDRay

Ratings:
    +2,623
    San Diego Fleet @AAFFleet tweets

Happy Thanksgiving from the Fleet family.

We’re thankful for pro football back in San Diego! ⚓️

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,498
    LA Charger tweets for a joyful Thanksgiving

16. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,463
    they'd go all dysfunctional and say something like "Merry Thanksgiving to All and a Happy New Christmas!"

17. captaind

captaind Resist the Dark Side — Join the Alliance

Ratings:
    +348
    “As God as my witness, I swear I thought Thanksgiving was next Thursday.” — Dean Spanos

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,463
    :laugh::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: classic.....so true.

19. SDRay

Ratings:
    +2,623
  20. Fouts

Fouts Go Rams!

Ratings:
    +759
    So you are telling me there's a chance!:sneaky:

Scott Kaplan tweet:

Just landed, enjoyed a convo with @LT_21 biz partner, who tells me LT now has a piece of equity @Chargers and the move was intended to raise the team’s value, but there is a 5 year plan to bring the team back to SD. Hard to believe! #rumors

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +6,129
    Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 41m41 minutes ago
    From @NFLGameDay: The #49ers officially are cutting ties with talented and troubled LB Reuben Foster, who is spending the morning in jail after a domestic violence battery charge.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 43m43 minutes ago
    From @gmfb Weekend: The #Chargers want QB Philip Rivers, in a career year, to be their starter for years to come and they don't mind drafting a QB and having him sit.

Jason La Canfora‏Verified account @JasonLaCanfora
    Kaepernick collusion case being scheduled for early 2019. No movement on a settlement. Depositions being set for a hearing in Philadelphia:
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...s-in-settlement-talks-hearing-coming-in-2019/

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 3h3 hours ago
    Retired #AZCardinals coach Bruce Arians doubles down, telling me he would only consider coaching the #Browns[​IMG] — no one else -- if he returned, that he’s serious, and that his wife is fully on board.

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +6,129
    Jennifer Lee Chan‏Verified account @jenniferleechan 26m26 minutes ago
    Jennifer Lee Chan Retweeted Jennifer Lee Chan

It has been confirmed that the woman involved in the incident with Reuben Foster last night was indeed Elissa Ennis. She is the same woman who recanted the allegations against him earlier this year.

Jason La Canfora‏Verified account @JasonLaCanfora 10m10 minutes ago
    Joe Flacco is set to return to practice Tuesday after resting his injured hip for 2 weeks I'm told. At this point he's on clear of the starting status moving forward. The Ravens beat the Raiders today, Lamar Jackson has a strong shot tk keep the job

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 44m44 minutes ago
    More on Reuben Foster: The 28-year-old girlfriend described in the police report is the same one who charged Foster previously, then recanted. For SF, regardless of whether the charges are corroborated, this is an example of Foster not following the rules & guidelines set for him

23. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Why on earth would Arians only want to coach the Browns?

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +6,129
    I don't know. But on the flip side, would a lot of other teams be beating down his door?

25. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,019
    I thought he retired because of health issues. Why would he even want to coach again?

26. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard FORMER Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +2,054
    I don't know where he lives, but maybe it's close by and easy for the family. Or perhaps it's always been his dream job.

27. SDRay

Ratings:
    +2,623

That’s 100% BS. 5 year plan my ***....

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +6,129
    has any of Kaplans conspiracy 'insider information' ever come true?

29. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +651
    He is likely to be the only QB in the 2004 draft class to finish his career in the top 10 in career passer rating (though Roethlisberger is close to the top 10). To give you an idea of where Rivers sits, he is about .6 of a rating point behind Peyton Manning in terms of career QB rating and he is closing that gap so far this season. He is likely to be the only QB from the 2004 draft class to finish his career in the top 5 all time in career TD passes (assuming he plays through the 2020 season). He has more career TD passes than either Eli Manning or Roethlisberger despite throwing fewer passes than either of them. He is likely to finish his career in the top 10 of all time in passing yards. Oh, he also throws INTs at a lower rate than either Eli Manning or Roethlisberger and has a better career completion percentage than both of them.

Though Roethlisberger has been almost as good as Rivers, Rivers has been the best QB of the 2004 draft class with Eli Manning being a distant third. Roethlisberger and Rivers are HOF worthy QBs. Eli Manning is not.

In the case of Rivers, he has been both durable (putting up large gross production numbers) and excellent (as shown by his top 10 all time career QB rating) over an extended period of time. That combination makes him a Hall of Fame caliber player.

30. SDRay

Ratings:
    +2,623
    Nope and why the hell would San Diego even want them back if Spanos is still the owner? Just give us back the name and rebrand.

• Agree Agree x 2