1. Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tweets to share

Discussion in 'American Football' started by Concudan, Nov 13, 2018.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,498
  2. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Penny got dinged on the first run he took, which was a 20 yard gain. He did one of those Marcus Allen reverse direction runs and looked great but limped off.

3. SDRay

SDRay RIP SD Chargers..F the LA Chargers, Go Irish Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,623
    The Super 70s sports tweet

The passer rating for the ENTIRE NFL so far this year is 94.8. Dan Marino’s career passer rating was 86.4. I don’t even know what the **** we’re doing anymore ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,838
    I never realized how much Marino sucked!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,019
    He’s no Alex Smith.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,223
    “Mahoney....it a basic play.” Dude was top shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,129
    Best QB I ever saw.

8. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,129
    It is strange that, when Eli had an O'line, he was winning Super Bowls by himself while Rivers, with possibly the most amateur offensive line in modern League history, was a huge choke artist. Now, years later, with what I assume to be a reversal in quality of O'lines, Rivers is on his way to the Hall while Eli is so bad he needs to be traded for what might be equal in value to some of those posters our brethren made when he visited the Murph.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  9. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,129
  10. Concudan

Concudan Still Chargin Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,129
    ☘️ RayinSD‏ @rayinsd Nov 13
    As a former podcaster and @AAFFleet fan, I recommending subscribing to these 2 new San Diego Fleet podcasts. @FleetSpeakPod @TheShipyardSD. #JointheAlliance #SDFleet #SanDiego @LorenSethC

[​IMG][​IMG]RayinSD replied
    [​IMG]The Shipyard Podcast‏ @TheShipyardSD Nov 16
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]The Shipyard Episode 3 is out NOW! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 1. Smiffy and VanAwesome go to the @AAFFleet HQ!! @JeffGarner23 2. Noodles + Smiffy = power struggle 3. #conspiracyCorner become a thing 4. We fan the Rivalry Flame @aafcommanders http://theshipyardsd.com

1:05
    3 replies1 retweet9 likes

Charger Girl Jill‏ @jill_cheerleade Nov 16
    Good Morning and Happy Friday everybody!!

[​IMG]
    57 replies15 retweets321 likes

⚡BritishBolts ⚡‏ @BritishBolts 16h16 hours ago
    Good morning from @Spraggy2009 & @EndZone85 #BoltUp #Chargers #FightForEachOther[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    0 replies1 retweet2 likes

Rich Ohrnberger‏Verified account @ohrnberger 22h22 hours ago
    Rich Ohrnberger Retweeted Jessica Kleinschmidt

78% of chicken tenders cravings result in a short car ride. #fridayfacts

NFL Stats‏ @NFL_Stats 2h2 hours ago
    Last Playoff Win for each #NFL Team: (via @uSTADIUM)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mark Eagleton‏ @eagleton_mark
    The irony in this misprint cannot be wasted. #Packers #GBVSSea #NFL #AaronRodgers

[​IMG]
    8:45 PM - 15 Nov 2018 from Seattle, WA

NFL Stats‏ @NFL_Stats
    Stat of the Day: Casey Hayward has a 27.3% forced incompletion rate this season, which is the best in the #NFL

[​IMG]

11. SDRay

SDRay RIP SD Chargers..F the LA Chargers, Go Irish Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,623
    @MikeKlis

Chris Harris on Philip Rivers smack talk: “He came out there screaming at me, man. I was like, what’s going on? He said, “You wanted me? I got you all game!'' I said, "All right man. I’m going to make your (butt) pay.’’ Harris did get a pick, 4th of his career vs Rivers. #9sports

12. SDRay

Ratings:
    +2,623
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. SDRay

Ratings:
    +2,623
    @Broncos tweeted

@VonMiller is the fifth-fastest player to reach that mark among those who began their career in 1982 or later.

[​IMG]

14. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,838
    He's one of the guys whose excellence you watch the game for.
    Like Ed Reed.
    Or Drew Brees.
    Or Junior.

15. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,019
    This part of Rivers game is a piece of the fabric that ultimately makes him a loser in big time situations. I never liked the smack talking and the spasms he goes through when the pressure is on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,463
    yup, I like the cool customers who are all business.....Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, et al.....none of em have to resort to that stuff. He gets too amped up. Hell of a great QB otherwise. Maybe he thinks he needs it to be competitive.....once he wins a Lombardi maybe he will have earned the right to smack all game long.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Once he wins a Lombardi? :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,838
    So Drew Brees has to have "Tommy John surgery," and the Saints rent Rivers for part of a season?!?

Seems legit. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +514
    I’ve never had a problem with this part of Rivers’ game. Those defensive players are running it from the time they take the field and they feed on a guy that goes into a shell and is afraid to go back at them. The part of I’d like to see toned down a little is when things don’t go his way or he doesn’t get a call I’d like to see him less demonstrative on the field. I think that’s counter productive. But that’s his competitiveness and you never want to try to over harness that stuff.

20. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,463
    I'm not sure because I've not been on the field to hear it all, would love to hear all the sound bytes of the various QB's and how they handle it all. For sure each player handles it differently........maybe what works for Rodgers, Brady, Brees doesn't work for PR and vice versa.......and agree he dramatizes the results of official's calls too much. Meh, the guy plays with passion, that cannot be denied.

21. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,129
    Has Rivers tried deflating footballs, looking at film of the other team's coaches, or scrambling the other team's communication devices? Has he tried getting really good pass protectors for an entire career? Has he tried working under a Hall of Fame head coach? I've heard these things help.

22. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,463
    No but he deflated at least 60,000 hometown fans at home games and countless members of the fanbase (at least in SD) both home and away games many many times!:laugh:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,463
    Wow, just wow. There are so many adoring Orange Crush fans it looks like the Donkeys just won the AFC championship at home LOLZ. Only at the stubby. Way to go spanos you twerp. And this is probably exactly why the NFL is scared to death to have even a wild card game at the stubby. If this same stuff keeps happening when 2020 rolls around it will not be allowed to continue. Sam Farmer was right about that.

24. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,019
    • Funny Funny x 3
  25. SDRay

Ratings:
    +2,623
    @Saints tweeted

Most games a player has ever played as a Saint [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  26. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,463
    What an amazing career....truly amazing. And he's on fire right now. Saints are probably the best team in the leauge, all apologies to Rams and Chiefs. If Rams cannot win it all I'm all for Drew and his Saints going all the way to another Lombardi. Actually it was my feeling last year they were the best team in the league. They lost in MN on a complete fluke last second play. I believe they would have accounted for themselves very well, unlike the undeserving Vikings, had they gone on to PHI for the NFC Championship. Hell of a team. And much of it is Brees, a leader of men. Clutch always.....competes at the highest level every year. Another one of the bolt forks in the road that led them down the wrong path. Lucky for Brees though, he escaped football purgatory of having to work even another year for the spanii.

27. SDRay

Ratings:
    +2,623
    Second best SD Chargers QB behind Doug Fauts IMO.

Saints are my NFC team so I will be rooting for them to win it all this season. Brees hopefully has a 2-3 more years left. But if not, I think Teddy Bridgewater can still be a franchise QB.

28. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,463
    Agree re: Brees 2nd best QB behind Fouts. No question. Fouts wins hands down re: what he accomplished and in particular in the era he accomplished it in.....no gimmes and no cupcake rules for protecting QB's and WR's. Of course much if not most credit also goes to Don Coryell, Ernie Zampese, Chuck Noll, et al for the incredible innovative groundbreaking offensive coaching. Can you imagine if they'd ever had a ballsout D coordinator to go with it? I think there is a theory floating out there that the offense just always scored too fast, not giving the D a chance to rest. That's akin to a Chip Kelly offense killing the defense and why he always had to have special athletes trained specifically to withstand the amount of plays they would have to endure every game thru an entire season.

29. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +514
    Maybe I’m remembering wrong, but didn’t Brees have just one good year in San Diego?

30. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +2,077
    I don't think many of these modern era QB's could fill the jock up of the 70's & 80's QB's no way in hell.