Tweets to share

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
That stupid new rule will cause disaster. Team behind at end of game say 2:26.....desperate for field goal range.....throws ball to receiver and DB and him fight for it....no catch. Looks like DB, maybe two them, were all over receiver.. Team behind says PI should of been called. They review and say...PI plus OPI or ?..it was OPI....and now team behind has a 10 yard penalty....and if it was third of fourth down...defensive team says, we refuse penalty...now fourth down, etc.

This BS about getting the call right is silly. Every game, they rarely get the calls right. Which is okay, that (was) part of the game, and they can 'equal up' the effects later. But this review stuff will kill two minute drill momentum and lead to —probably— a lot of upset wins for weaker teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: Faded Blues

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
That stupid new rule will cause disaster. Team behind at end of game say 2:26.....desperate for field goal range.....throws ball to receiver and DB and him fight for it....no catch. Looks like DB, maybe two them, were all over receiver.. Team behind says PI should of been called. They review and say...PI plus OPI or ?..it was OPI....and now team behind has a 10 yard penalty....and if it was third of fourth down...defensive team says, we refuse penalty...now fourth down, etc.

This BS about getting the call right is silly. Every game, they rarely get the calls right. Which is okay, that (was) part of the game, and they can 'equal up' the effects later. But this review stuff will kill two minute drill momentum and lead to —probably— a lot of upset wins for weaker teams.
Somewhere somehow this rule is for gambling purposes. Gives the nfl more control on the outcome of games.

Reactions: wrbanwal

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
If I was the XFL...and I survive this first year. I take weaker franchises and move them to
old AAF cities of success (Orlando, San Antonio, San Diego) and re-use same team names (Apollos, Commanders, Fleet) and colors.
This why I hope the LA team fails to attract fans and moves down here where we've proven that we will support a Spring team. Bring back the Fleet!

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
If she can kick a 60 yard field goal, then she will find herself on a nfl team.

The amount of kicks blocked and then the amount times a kicker is involved has to be less than 1%.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Saints Chuggers practice.

Star wide receiver Keenan Allen grimaced in pain after a failed dive into the end zone during 11-on-11 drills.

Allen walked under his own power to speak with the medical staff before he sat on an equipment box to get his right leg checked. Allen watched the rest of the workout with ice packs over his knees.
———————————

Tough Guy.

Even the endzone says “Get that crap out of here.”

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Saints Chuggers practice.

Star wide receiver Keenan Allen grimaced in pain after a failed dive into the end zone during 11-on-11 drills.

Allen walked under his own power to speak with the medical staff before he sat on an equipment box to get his right leg checked. Allen watched the rest of the workout with ice packs over his knees.
———————————

Tough Guy.

Even the endzone says “Get that crap out of here.”
He's a pussy...that girl soccer player could've gotten in the end zone. Eff the dope.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Bosa is moving on anyway. Unless Spanos does the never done before plan of signing him to better than Aaron Donald deal in the offseason, Doubtful? Yep. Players watching the Gordon drama and playing accordingly.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Bosa is moving on anyway. Unless Spanos does the never done before plan of signing him to better than Aaron Donald deal in the offseason, Doubtful? Yep. Players watching the Gordon drama and playing accordingly.
I'd imagine, if one were to be able to know exactly what the guy was really thinking in that smallish brain of his, right about now he's thinking he was the unluckiest guy in that draft because the Cowboys were gonna take him at #5. Which would you rather play in front of ....a maximum of 10K homefans at the Undignified Stubby or a full house of raging Texans at the Jerrah Dome????. I mean come on. He's gone at first opportunity.

Reactions: Harryo the K

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I'd imagine, if one were to be able to know exactly what the guy was really thinking in that smallish brain of his, right about now he's thinking he was the unluckiest guy in that draft because the Cowboys were gonna take him at #5. Which would you rather play in front of ....a maximum of 10K homefans at the Undignified Stubby or a full house of raging Texans at the Jerrah Dome????. I mean come on. He's gone at first opportunity.
Yes, players are different nowadays. You could said before if a new contract was the same as or better than player's chosen team...he would sign. Now, with Bell, Brown, Clowney, it's no longer true. If Bosa wants to play for Miami or NE or Texans or Dallas, they can easily find a way to make it happen, The franchise tag no longer carries any weight, they should drop that.
A superstar play can dictate his way. Zeke was just entering his fourth year. Fully under 'rookie contract'....meaningless rules.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
he speak the truth....welcome to LA big bear.....maybe you should play in Big Bear and you might have a bigger crowd:laugh: IIRC that dumbass was fine with the move to LA and looking forward to the media spotlight. Eff him. Eff Dean. Eff the Chuggers, eff em all. Only guy who is standup about the move is MFIC Dan Fouts...he's not afraid to let folks know how stupid Spanos is. Guys like Rivers are a dime a dozen.....no guts, speaks out of both sides of his mouth 'cause he's drawing a paycheck, and at that one that is way too small compared to what others at his position are getting. Another numbnuts who I've lost respect for, actually had already lost a lot of respect for before the move as he can't deal with high pressure , constantly runs his mouth during games, and usually folds in the clutch.Eff him too.

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Maybe...I don't know....it was a we won in overtime and all you fans are just complaining about Melvin Gordon...

Or it could be "our" fans.... indicating the minority group of the crowd.

Whatever.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Maybe...I don't know....it was a we won in overtime and all you fans are just complaining about Melvin Gordon...

Or it could be "our" fans.... indicating the minority group of the crowd.

Whatever.
The vast majority were Spanos fans complaining about the game, so he was referring to them. Not people like us, which I’m not sure there were any of those anti-fans on that thread. If you have Instagram, it’s still up (minus Bosa’s comment).