• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tweets to share

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah....one is an instant fumble and the other is a potential reception,

Citrus-ly, I think I'm right.
A backwards pass is only a fumble if possession is lost. That is a play where the QB is looking and throwing, it is still a play of ball control.

Blindly throwing the ball over your head into traffic. That is a play where the QB is hoping that it lands in friendly hands, it has absolutely NO ball control.

If you think your limon correct, ok... I mean your wrong, but ok...:)

Harryo the K

A backwards pass is only a fumble if possession is lost. That is a play where the QB is looking and throwing, it is still a play of ball control.

Blindly throwing the ball over your head into traffic. That is a play where the QB is hoping that it lands in friendly hands, it has absolutely NO ball control.

If you think your limon correct, ok... I mean your wrong, but ok...:)
Sorry, it's still a fumble.

A fumble recovery is counted when an offensive player in possession of the ball fumbles, and the ball is recovered by either team. A fumble recovery is counted even when the same team that fumbled regains possession.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, it's still a fumble.

A fumble recovery is counted when an offensive player in possession of the ball fumbles, and the ball is recovered by either team. A fumble recovery is counted even when the same team that fumbled regains possession.
I don't think you are understanding what you are posting.

Lets do this, can you show me anything that states a backwards pass, when completed is considered a fumble?
Then can you go back to the initial video and tell me what the hell a backwards pass has to do with it?

You love red herrings don't you?

HEXEDBOLT

Don't like it, lump it!!!
Boy's you must remember the ball must go over the line of scrimmage to be considered a forward pass and it doesn't matter how you deliver the ball, overhand, underhand, lateral or from behind you back.

Harryo the K

I don't think you are understanding what you are posting.

Lets do this, can you show me anything that states a backwards pass, when completed is considered a fumble?
Then can you go back to the initial video and tell me what the hell a backwards pass has to do with it?

You love red herrings don't you?
When you said lost, I thought you meant to hit the ground, but for the org.Team to lose possession.
Hex is right that any handoff even sideways is considered a backward pass or lateral to some.

A ball that is passed exactly sideways is considered a backwards pass. If it hits the ground, the person throwing or "pitching" the lateral pass will be subjected to the fumble designation in the statistics in the NFL, even if the ball is dropped or muffed by a teammate, although in college football this can be credited to whichever player the statistician feels is most responsible. If the ball hits the ground after travelling even slightly forward, however, it is then incomplete instead of a fumble.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
When you said lost, I thought you meant to hit the ground, but for the org.Team to lose possession.
Hex is right that any handoff even sideways is considered a backward pass or lateral to some.

A ball that is passed exactly sideways is considered a backwards pass. If it hits the ground, the person throwing or "pitching" the lateral pass will be subjected to the fumble designation in the statistics in the NFL, even if the ball is dropped or muffed by a teammate, although in college football this can be credited to whichever player the statistician feels is most responsible. If the ball hits the ground after travelling even slightly forward, however, it is then incomplete instead of a fumble.
I get it, you know a backwards pass.
The video in question IS NOT a backwards pass.
Your video was...

Thus, I dont know why you are discussing backwards passes.