Tweet about Goodells involvement in Kaps workout

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
To me, if the NFL wanted to make it go away they should openly offer him a backup QB position at X amount of dollars. There are a few teams that could definitely use him in that capacity. Then, it’s his move. Be transparent. If Kaep still wants starter money, then it’s all in the open. The NFL doesn’t want him and my issue is they’re trying to make it look like they are giving him “every opportunity”. He doesn’t deserve starter money, make him turn down the backup money. And, if he takes it, you have a decent backup QB.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
To me, if the NFL wanted to make it go away they should openly offer him a backup QB position at X amount of dollars. There are a few teams that could definitely use him in that capacity. Then, it’s his move. Be transparent. If Kaep still wants starter money, then it’s all in the open. The NFL doesn’t want him and my issue is they’re trying to make it look like they are giving him “every opportunity”. He doesn’t deserve starter money, make him turn down the backup money. And, if he takes it, you have a decent backup QB.
sure that would be one way out....but which owner is gonna get stuck with the media headache for having signed a backup QB? It's 10x worse than being chosen for Hard Knocks lolz.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
It''s all a PR money move. The owners are colluded to keep him out for the sake of money and ratings, not skill level or opportunity. Jay-Z is rich. They like to make their rich friends happy. And they love to look inclusive.
It's all BS.

Last edited:

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
sure that would be one way out....but which owner is gonna get stuck with the media headache for having signed a backup QB? It's 10x worse than being chosen for Hard Knocks lolz.
I could see Seattle or Baltimore (both teams reportedly worked him out) to name two.

I think Kaep is bluffing, I agree with the notion that he’s best served by being on his platform and not the football field. Someone offer him the backup position. Hell, force Deano to do it. They’re carrying his ass anyway, and I thought he was a ”good soldier”. I’m 99% sure Kaep would pass, claiming he’s starter material.

Last edited:

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
I could see Seattle or Baltimore (both teams reportedly worked him out) to name two.

I think Kaep is bluffing, I agree with the notion that he’s best served by being on his platform and not the football field. Someone offer him the backup position. Hell, force Deano to do it. They’re carrying his ass anyway, and I thought he was a ”good soldier”. I’m 99% sure Kaep would pass, claiming he’s starter material.
Not Baltimore.
They were going to sign Kap until his girl friend posted the picture from D'jango showing Samuel Jacksons character hughing dead D'caprios character with Ray Lewis' head and the Ravens owners head superimposed, calling Lewis an uncle Tom.
Another self inflicted 'victimization' by team Kap.

Reactions: Gill Man