• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Turner going to the G-Men?

#2
leisure said:
NFL Adam dude reporting that if Tiki Barber retires the Giants will go after Burner Turner and there would be no way for us to match :tdown:
so if we tag him, we can atleast get a pick for him and use it to draft his replacement
 

exodus

Well-Known Member
#4
Good, then we can rip ny for another top pick. You'd think they'd learn by now, but whatever. 2 more first round picks:lol:
 

Boltjolt

Well-Known Member
#5
leisure said:
NFL Adam dude reporting that if Tiki Barber retires the Giants will go after Burner Turner and there would be no way for us to match :tdown:
:lol: Yeah i guess Adam forgot about the tag issue. Great thinking Adam...way to not do your research.

Ill take a first and a third.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#7
It is technically a tender we offer Turner since he is a Restricted free agent (although I am not sure if he is an EFA) ....

We can not use any "tags" on the Burner until he is a free agent or his 4th year in the league. Just like we did on Brees' flunky ***.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#9
eldwin said:
I'm not sure exactly how it goes, but I think the Chargers can tender him and depending on how much, the Chargers could get a 1st round pick in return (if he's signed by another team.)

I think the same thing happened with Dielman this past offseason.
If we give Turner the max tender of ~$2 mil or whatever next year, we would get a 1st and a 3rd in compensation.
 
#12
Trumpet_Man said:
It is technically a tender we offer Turner since he is a Restricted free agent (although I am not sure if he is an EFA) ....

We can not use any "tags" on the Burner until he is a free agent or his 4th year in the league. Just like we did on Brees' flunky ***.
He will be a RFA at the end of this year and we can tender(said tag before) the 1st and 3rd (2 Mil+) or the 1st (prolly around 1.8).

If we give him the 1&3 or 1 tender and no one bites, he wll be a FA in 2008.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#14
Kwak said:
He will be a RFA at the end of this year and we can tender(said tag before) the 1st and 3rd (2 Mil+) or the 1st (prolly around 1.8).

If we give him the 1&3 or 1 tender and no one bites, he wll be a FA in 2008.
Yeah that's the way I understand it.

I also do not see the Chargers using any Tags to keep Turner UNLESS LT has a catastrophic knee injury in 2007. Somewhere in Feb 2008, we would have to tag Turner to keep his rights.
 
#15
Personally, I think the chargers should pay the guy starter money and keep him here. To replace him, you have to use a draft choice and you may not get another runner as good as him. Either way, I'm sure AJ is thinking about it even now and making plans. He'll get the most he can if it does come down to getting rid of him. But I'd like to see him stay and get paid and be a bigger part of our offense.

However, I'm not sure if he was a 3rd round pick or a 5th, but we would certainly gain a first rounder for him. Nice return on an investment.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#17
RayDahayder said:
Personally, I think the chargers should pay the guy starter money and keep him here. To replace him, you have to use a draft choice and you may not get another runner as good as him. Either way, I'm sure AJ is thinking about it even now and making plans. He'll get the most he can if it does come down to getting rid of him. But I'd like to see him stay and get paid and be a bigger part of our offense.

However, I'm not sure if he was a 3rd round pick or a 5th, but we would certainly gain a first rounder for him. Nice return on an investment.
I would like to see us get some draft picks and upgrade our Offensive line.

If we commit to this path, your grandma could run through the holes and running backs are a dime a dozen (see Denver).

This way we do not have to overpay for prima donnas like LaDainian Tomlinson. :)
 

megold0715

Well-Known Member
#19
michael turner is a beast and it would be foolish to get rid of him i always hear on satellite that you need depth in important positions burner adds that depth and he adds a powerful running game i can see him taking over for neal at opening the way for l.t if neal decides to go ,i always hear a fool and his money are soon parted well burners just straight up money breakin off big runs ive only seen him get caught once from behind dragging defenders all over the fiels and knocking down the others ,yep call it what you will but im on the burner bandwagon yup no doubt ,L.T and burner together = serious damage and confusion for defenses,i bleed blue and gold ,bolts for life,marc "NY"
 
#21
Trumpet_Man said:
AJ would cream his jeans and holy robes. :tup:
Look for AJ to totally rape whichever team wants to get MT. He'll parlay that 5th round pick into something SWEEEEEET. And if nobody goes for it, hey we still have the best backup RB in football. Can't lose situation. :icon_toast:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#22
Viejo Bolt said:
Look for AJ to totally rape whichever team wants to get MT. He'll parlay that 5th round pick into something SWEEEEEET. And if nobody goes for it, hey we still have the best backup RB in football. Can't lose situation. :icon_toast:
I dig the **** out of our scouting staff with Buddy Nix.

Give them some ammo and they will find us the gems. :tup:
 

Boltdiehard

Well-Known Member
#24
Viejo Bolt said:
Look for AJ to totally rape whichever team wants to get MT. He'll parlay that 5th round pick into something SWEEEEEET. And if nobody goes for it, hey we still have the best backup RB in football. Can't lose situation. :icon_toast:
Well said. :tup: :bolt:
 

!~BOLT~!

Well-Known Member
#25
dont we normally get two firsts and a third from the giants as a prereq. to any deal? or is that just the way ernie accorsie likes aj to give it to him?
 

Boltjolt

Well-Known Member
#26
Trumpet_Man said:
It is technically a tender we offer Turner since he is a Restricted free agent (although I am not sure if he is an EFA) ....

We can not use any "tags" on the Burner until he is a free agent or his 4th year in the league. Just like we did on Brees' flunky ***.
Right, i understand that.. Tender is the word i shoulda used. I meant he is a RFA and will most likely get the highest tender.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#27
Boltjolt said:
Right, i understand that.. Tender is the word i shoulda used. I meant he is a RFA and will most likely get the highest tender.
I just want more and better beef. Even if we win the Super Bowl, we need more beef.
 

Top