• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tuesday 8/29 roster cutdown.

#1
Who's going to e the biggest surprise to be cut?

Who's going ot be the biggest surprise to make it past the cut down?

My picks
Biggest Surprise to be cut - Kurt Smith (Are we really going to carry two kickers?)

Biggest surprise to make the cut - Cletus Gordon. Sproles doesn't get injured, he's gone. I think he can be an effective NFL return man. If he adds some depth to the secondary, that's a bonus.

Blast my choices all you want, but post your own choices first.
 
#2
Tuesday 9/26 roster cutdown.

Biggest suprise cut...Ryan Krause, unable to fight off the injury bug.


Biggest suprise to make the roster...Donnie Edwards, after no one takes A.J. up for a trade.

I think that a roster spot is Cletis' to lose. As long as he doesen't all of a sudden forget how to field punts or hold on to the ball on returns I think he makes the team. He provides depth at DB and he also played WR at the beginning of his college days...
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
#3
Tuesday 9/26 roster cutdown.

Biggest surprise to get cut: aaron Shea
he hasn't done a thing but Krause has

Biggest surprise to stay on hte team: Leander Jordan
Nuff said
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#4
Tuesday 9/26 roster cutdown.

I think the biggest surprise to make the squad will be Alvin Smith making it as a reserve D lineman.

The biggest surprise cut will be Hanik Milligan.
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
#5
Tuesday 9/26 roster cutdown.

Thumper said:
Who's going to e the biggest surprise to be cut?

Who's going ot be the biggest surprise to make it past the cut down?

My picks
Biggest Surprise to be cut - Kurt Smith (Are we really going to carry two kickers?)

Biggest surprise to make the cut - Cletus Gordon. Sproles doesn't get injured, he's gone. I think he can be an effective NFL return man. If he adds some depth to the secondary, that's a bonus.

Blast my choices all you want, but post your own choices first.
Can't cut Sproles if he's IR'd
 

MadMike

Well-Known Member
#7
Tuesday 9/26 roster cutdown.

Surprise to make it: AGB - We are so deep at linebacker but he may make it as a solid special teams player

Surprise to get cut: I hate to say it but I agree with Hanik being cut. He is a great special teamer, he fires up the end-zoners when they come out for a kick, but he's a second rate safety and the pro-bowl spot he got last year was earned by Kassim. He may make it through to the 53 man cut but I don't think he makes the roster.
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
#8
Tuesday 9/26 roster cutdown.

BFISA said:
Can't cut Sproles if he's IR'd
Misread your post, Bro...sorry...a stooopid bill musta got mixed up with my blood pressure meds!!:icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen: :lol:
 

RipTheJacker

Well-Known Member
#10
Tuesday 9/26 roster cutdown.

I dont really see any Big Surprise cuts, maybe someone like Ray Perkins, but that isnt that big of a deal

Biggest surprise to actually make the team i think will be Brandon McKinney

This team is too deep to have surprise picks, we pretty much know whose going to make it and who isnt
 

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
#14
Tuesday 9/26 roster cutdown.

RipTheJacker said:
I dont really see any Big Surprise cuts, maybe someone like Ray Perkins, but that isnt that big of a deal

Biggest surprise to actually make the team i think will be Brandon McKinney

This team is too deep to have surprise picks, we pretty much know whose going to make it and who isnt
FU Rip Brandon McKinney is my boy I was the only one who voted for him in the UDFA thread on sdut like 4 months ago, get off the bandwagon he's MINE :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil:

:icon_toast: :icon_toast: :icon_toast: :icon_banana: :icon_party:
 
#17
Tuesday 9/26 roster cutdown.

BFISA said:
Can't cut Sproles if he's IR'd
I didn't mean that we would cut Sproles. He's on IR. What I meant was if Sproles didn't get injured, Cletus Grodon would have been cut. Now it's likely he'll make the team as a return specialist / DB depth.
 

RipTheJacker

Well-Known Member
#20
Tuesday 9/26 roster cutdown.

MtlBoltsFan said:
FU Rip Brandon McKinney is my boy I was the only one who voted for him in the UDFA thread on sdut like 4 months ago, get off the bandwagon he's MINE :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil:

:icon_toast: :icon_toast: :icon_toast: :icon_banana: :icon_party:
Yeah right!
Youre just trying to copy me again!!!!


:icon_rofl:


BTW, the guy i picked in that thread is also going to make the team. I picked Gordon
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#21
Tuesday 9/26 roster cutdown.

RipTheJacker said:
Yeah right!
Youre just trying to copy me again!!!!


:icon_rofl:


BTW, the guy i picked in that thread is also going to make the team. I picked Gordon
RIP owns Leisure.

:yes:
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#23
PostAnteaterCharger said:
Cletis Gordon is a given
I'd say after him its Alvin Smith
Yeah, I've been pimping Alvin since the first week of camp. The guy has great potential, just needs to show he can bring it on every snap.
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
#26
Tuesday 9/26 roster cutdown.

Thumper said:
I didn't mean that we would cut Sproles. He's on IR. What I meant was if Sproles didn't get injured, Cletus Grodon would have been cut. Now it's likely he'll make the team as a return specialist / DB depth.
Yup...sorry.:icon_mrgreen: :tup:
 

Top