Thumper's Picks - Week 2

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
You know, I didn't do too bad last week. I went 10-6, which isn't super great, but it was good enough to out pace all the HBO "Inside the NFL" staff. Take a look at my pics this week. I come out with my picks every Wednesday morning. This is before all the major media guys have their picks up. Check them out. Tell me what you like. Tell me what you don't.

Do you think I know my shit, or am full of shit?

You can read the article by clicking HERE.

exodus

Nov 4, 2005
They look solid to me. I like New York over Philly though and I'm thinking SF wins over the Rams. But I suck at making picks, so don't pay any attention to me.:icon_huh: :icon_shrug:

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
leisure said:
Nice work Thumper!!!!

Now step up to the plate and pick against the spread :icon_mrgreen:
leisure, I gave the freakin scores. You can calculate how I'd fare against the spread. Honestly I don't even pay attention to the spread. I don't want it to bias my picks.

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
chargeaway said:
I think that the New York Jets pull an upset this sunday and beat the patriots, I also think that Buffalo beats Miami.
I don't see either of those games going that way. The Jets beat a horrible Titans team, and Miami will be looking for redemption. Unlike last week, when I felt that alot of favorites--Panthers, Donks, Bucs, Skins--would lose, I don't see a whole lot of upsets this week.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

stone86

Sep 7, 2006
I respect most of those picks. Although I agree with Chargeaway. I think that the Jets have a decent chance to beat the Patriots. Not to mention that Cincy will beat Cleveland by more than a touchdown. I'm thinking at least 2 or 3 scores. Otherwise, thumbs up.

Boltjolt

Jun 18, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
You sure have a lot of low scoring games .

I think we win 31-10 and i dont think KC will score at all.

Looks pretty good though.

rexy2006

Dec 17, 2005
San Diego
chargeaway said:
Btw, how do you adopt a charger?
Welcome, new person!

Go to the "Adopt a Charger" thread, choose a Charger you like from those that are left(from the LAST updated list), make a post of your choice and voila, you give your boy props and get a siggy for him. :tup:

Boltjolt

Jun 18, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
Thumper said:
I'm surprised nobody has a problem with my Arizona over Seattle pick.
Didnt say i agreed with them all, but im also not going to disect every pick you made either :lol:

For the record, i dont have AZ beating Seattle. Their defense stil isnt good enough , nor is their running game.

chargeaway

BoltTalker
Sep 13, 2006
Thumper said:
I'm surprised nobody has a problem with my Arizona over Seattle pick.
I do, I went to the Arizona game against san fransisco and i thought that they played pretty good. but to almost lose the game on the final play??? after being up by 17? thats pretty bad and it was against one of the worst teams in the league.

RayDahayder

BoltTalker
Sep 12, 2006
I think the cincy game is one of the more 'sure bets'.... cincy is going to win by at least 17 points, and probably more. Denver will also put a big hurt on the chefs. I also think the bolts will beat the spread against the titties.

don't think the jets will pull any upset this week, although buffalo could surprise. I try to stay away from any cardinal games.... never know what they're going to do. Same with the lions....

my best bets, not that I know squat about this sort of stuff, are the panthers, new orleans, bengals and ravens. Next 'almost best bets' would be the chargers, denver, new england and st. louis. :rockout:

Boltjolt

Jun 18, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
RayDahayder said:
I think the cincy game is one of the more 'sure bets'.... cincy is going to win by at least 17 points, and probably more. Denver will also put a big hurt on the chefs. I also think the bolts will beat the spread against the titties.

don't think the jets will pull any upset this week, although buffalo could surprise. I try to stay away from any cardinal games.... never know what they're going to do. Same with the lions....

my best bets, not that I know squat about this sort of stuff, are the panthers, new orleans, bengals and ravens. Next 'almost best bets' would be the chargers, denver, new england and st. louis. :rockout:

Buffalo usually beats Miami in their house.