This Weeks FRN Rivals - The Warpath

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

boltsgm

BoltTalker
Nov 24, 2005
play with caution

As usual, let's fight hard for this game or else we can be rob
they have great defense, except for their offensive line

lets punish their DL by using tomlinson and by
the 4rth quarter they will self destruct and beaten

also pass rush is needed so that santana cannot go a long way

that guy

BoltTalker
Nov 26, 2005
I think this is really SD's game to lose... If your defense decides to screw up like they did in week 1, we can win this thing. We sort of contained the seahawks (they missed a FG, and we won), and i think that's the closest matchup we've had to what SD brings...

You've got a pass rush, but the better option is really to drop more into coverage... bringing 6 doesn't work well against max protection and TE dump offs, which we use a LOT. Also, there's a lot of rotation among the DL to prevent wearing down somewhat, though not having C Griffin (the only good D lineman on the team) hurts.

Over the last three games we've given up 45, 61, and 50 yards rushing... averages of 2, 2.3 and 1.7 yards respectively... the 45 yard game was against the iggles though, so that doesn't count, but i think it gives us a shot. I mean, alexander only got 1 TD on us, I think LT will do about the same.

Anyways, bad luck, I hope your team rots, etc etc.
-That Guy

T10

BoltTalker
Aug 17, 2005
Hey "That Guy". Welcome to the site. You guys have a tough defense. Much tougher than the Buffalo Bills. We will need to stay unpredictable on offense and not rely simply on our running game. We will need to beat you guys through the air IMO.

Defensively, we will need to stop Portis first and secondly, put constant pressure on Brunell. If we drop back into coverage and not put pressure, Moss will eat up our secondary.

that guy

BoltTalker
Nov 26, 2005
good game... give LT enough shots and eventually he'll get it done. I can't believe we went so ultra conservative in the 4th quarter again, but that's our fault.

good luck with the rest of the season. I've gotta go hope for a 5-0 run now...

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
that guy said:
good game... give LT enough shots and eventually he'll get it done. I can't believe we went so ultra conservative in the 4th quarter again, but that's our fault.

good luck with the rest of the season. I've gotta go hope for a 5-0 run now...
Thanks, that was one hell of a game. Both teams had chances to win in the 4th. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way!