• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

They're laughing at us...

Trumpet_Man

thejdog said:
Over Foley...

I was just listening to FOX radio on the way to score some coldies and the dudes were
torching us over how the orginazation is handling the Foley incident.

I mean BAAAD. For about 10 minutes. Said the decision to put Foley on the PUP phucked him out of a years salary...said facts were clear the officer was in the wrong.They went on and on how the Orginazation sucks and is the worst in the NFL - that nobody will want to play for SD anymore because we have no loyalty. And they aren't the only ones calling us out.

Guys AJ phuqued up BIG TIME by putting Foley on the PUP....I'm sure the Old Man had a say in it too.
Hey man they placed Foley on the RESERVE/NON-FOOTBALL related injury list. This is the same as IR'd.

This guarantees his base salary for one year. I have read 50% or whatever but my reads are 100% and he does not count against the 53 man squad.

Electric Chair

People are missing the fact that the guy got a DUI a few months ago, and to have it happen again so soon... Didn't he get two arrests in Cincy as well?

Regardless of whether or not the cop screwed up, Foley was driving drunk before the ink dried on his last DUI. The guy has major alcohol problems that need to be addressed, and the team needed to take action.

Trumpet_Man

Electric Chair said:
People are missing the fact that the guy got a DUI a few months ago, and to have it happen again so soon... Didn't he get two arrests in Cincy as well?

Regardless of whether or not the cop screwed up, Foley was driving drunk before the ink dried on his last DUI. The guy has major alcohol problems that need to be addressed, and the team needed to take action.
He got exonerated in the last one - 4 months ago - over an illegally parked car that escalated into a fight with police....

Dude is being profiled....

fuc the po-po

boltssbbound

thejdog said:
Over Foley...

I was just listening to FOX radio on the way to score some coldies and the dudes were
torching us over how the orginazation is handling the Foley incident.

I mean BAAAD. For about 10 minutes. Said the decision to put Foley on the PUP phucked him out of a years salary...said facts were clear the officer was in the wrong.They went on and on how the Orginazation sucks and is the worst in the NFL - that nobody will want to play for SD anymore because we have no loyalty. And they aren't the only ones calling us out.

Guys AJ phuqued up BIG TIME by putting Foley on the PUP....I'm sure the Old Man had a say in it too.
That's BS. Those fox guys are just doing what fox guy do--saying outlandish crap to get ratings.

Whether the shooting was Foley's fault or not, it's clear that he has a problem with alcohol, and being removed from the game so he can get some help is the best thing they could have done for him. I laud the Chargers for taking the right stance on this. It might be bad for the football team, but it's the right thing to do for Steve. This is an example of the organization considering the long-term well being of a player over the performance of the team. If only every employer could be so compassionate.

Trumpet_Man

boltssbbound said:
That's BS. Those fox guys are just doing what fox guy do--saying outlandish crap to get ratings.

Whether the shooting was Foley's fault or not, it's clear that he has a problem with alcohol, and being removed from the game so he can get some help is the best thing they could have done for him. I laud the Chargers for taking the right stance on this. It might be bad for the football team, but it's the right thing to do for Steve. This is an example of the organization considering the long-term well being of a player over the performance of the team. If only every employer could be so compassionate.
I have a problem with alcohol as well....I am down to my last beer out of an 18 pack. :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

Trumpet_Man

thejdog said:
I like the faith BB props.

Face it this orginization has a bad history of how they deal with players that spans 6 Gms - which tells me it's the Old Man. AGS is well known to treat his employees like ****. Now - I love AGS and AJ as well but I have a gut felling this incident costs us some games....not only how the Chargers dealt with it but NO HAVING FOLEY ON THE FIELD.
Nah dude - Shaun Phillips is the ****....we are so rats *** deep at LB this will not affect dick - trust a brother. Foley almost retired last year and the Chargers started getting ready....we are more than fine here.

Now if we lose anyone on the O-line......kiss your *** good bye.

Trumpet_Man

thejdog said:
Dude I phucking discovered SP.... it's public record at the UT

My point is Foley was a stud too and the rotation was NAILS!!!!

No no no....dude I was all Over Steven Super Duper Cooper and Shaun Phillips and you cats coat tailed off a drug induced haze .... :yes:

WonderSlug

Trumpet_Man said:
Hey man they placed Foley on the RESERVE/NON-FOOTBALL related injury list. This is the same as IR'd.

This guarantees his base salary for one year. I have read 50% or whatever but my reads are 100% and he does not count against the 53 man squad.
Actually by doing so, he receives NO SALARY for this season whatsoever.

He doesn't get his $775K base salary.

Nor does he get that $850K roster bonus for being on the active roster for week 1.

So, Foley loses $1.625 million this season by being put on the R/NF injury list.

Originally Posted by chargersurfer
All the "off-duty" cop had to do was stay in his "Mazda",
keep a safe distance, stay on the phone and wait for
"uniformed" officers in "marked" cars to arrive.
That's all he had to do.

I agree :)

Trumpet_Man

WonderSlug said:
Actually by doing so, he receives NO SALARY for this season whatsoever.

He doesn't get his $775K base salary.

Nor does he get that $850K roster bonus for being on the active roster for week 1.

So, Foley loses $1.625 million this season by being put on the R/NF injury list.
I think there is going to be a ruling on the base salary.....a recent example would be Kellen Winslow to see what happened there .....

BUT what does the new CBA say about this issue ? I am not so sure it is a slam dunker.

Trumpet_Man said:
85 %

we Are Down To 85% In The Voting !!!!
For a website that called this vote a "SPAMOTHON" and doesn't want to be part of it. They sure are working hard. At this point it I'll takes hundreds of votes to move one percentage point and they have moved 4% today. Whatever.