The real reason Rivers is in at starting quarterback

  • Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
13,046
1,817
350
46
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/07/phillip-rivers-chargers240706.html

Having a strong leader at quarterback doesn't mean that your team will make it to the Super Bowl, but without a strong leader at the position there's little chance of a trophy. Even on championship teams where the quarterback was hardly a statistical phenomenon- like the Baltimore Ravens of 2000-01- Trent Dilfer was still the undisputed leader of the offense and a true cog on the unit because of it. Perhaps that's one of the major reasons why the Chargers decided to part with Drew Brees. Philip Rivers simply appears to have the 'it' factor.

While Brees led the team and played well, it seems that Rivers was quietly laying the groundwork. He got to know the team and never seemed down. Though he always clearly wanted to play, Rivers never ruined team chemistry and stood behind the coach's decision to start Brees.
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
18,916
1,826
350
San Diego, CA
AthensPhilipRiversFan said:
ohh yeah i'm a happy girl...sucha happy girl...good times good times! shall i continue???
and the season hasn't even begun yet, oy
Lord knows what will happen if Rivers thrives

but the concept of a great leader on your team leading you to a super bowl, sure. Other QBs like Brad Johnson and Kurt Warner are not great numbers guys but they lead. Hopefully Rivers will take us to the promised land
 

rexy2006

Well-Known Member
Dec 17, 2005
10,218
1,794
350
San Diego
AthensPhilipRiversFan said:
ohh yeah i'm a happy girl...sucha happy girl...good times good times! shall i continue???
I just repped you for being such a great PR supporter! Keep up the good work! He will do well because of all the positive vibes coming his way! :yes:
 

AthensPhilipRiversFan

Well-Known Member
Mar 13, 2006
760
292
180
54
PostAnteaterCharger said:
and the season hasn't even begun yet, oy
Lord knows what will happen if Rivers thrives

but the concept of a great leader on your team leading you to a super bowl, sure. Other QBs like Brad Johnson and Kurt Warner are not great numbers guys but they lead. Hopefully Rivers will take us to the promised land

:icon_rofl: IF whatcha mean IF?! :icon_shrug: aint no if to it!!!:icon_huh:

there WILL be great numbers AND he will lead the Bolts to the Lombardi!!!
 

AthensPhilipRiversFan

Well-Known Member
Mar 13, 2006
760
292
180
54
PostAnteaterCharger said:
and the season hasn't even begun yet, oy
Lord knows what will happen if Rivers thrives

but the concept of a great leader on your team leading you to a super bowl, sure. Other QBs like Brad Johnson and Kurt Warner are not great numbers guys but they lead. Hopefully Rivers will take us to the promised land

ummm i just rethunked this....:icon_mrgreen:

are u implying that i'm a tad highly exciteable?!

that i'm going to be a force to be reckoned with?

sayin that i'm just slightly on edge???

umm yeah..........:icon_tease:
 

AthensPhilipRiversFan

Well-Known Member
Mar 13, 2006
760
292
180
54
WonderSlug said:
The entire team is behind and rooting for Philip.

He'll use that positive energy to get it done. :)
ya know? that thought is almost scary to me...cause I know how much positive energy he already HAS...add that to the positive energy being thrown his way...ohhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!:yes:
 

rexy2006

Well-Known Member
Dec 17, 2005
10,218
1,794
350
San Diego
AthensPhilipRiversFan said:
ummm i just rethunked this....:icon_mrgreen:

are u implying that i'm a tad highly exciteable?!

that i'm going to be a force to be reckoned with?

sayin that i'm just slightly on edge???

umm yeah..........:icon_tease:
That's why you ARE NOT a lowly fan! You are a darn GOOD fan!:yes:
 

AthensPhilipRiversFan

Well-Known Member
Mar 13, 2006
760
292
180
54
rexy2006 said:
I just repped you for being such a great PR supporter! Keep up the good work! He will do well because of all the positive vibes coming his way! :yes:

ah thank u girl...thats soooo sweet! I just know in my heart that the Bolts have a gold lightnin strike ready to unleash and i can't hardly stand the wait!!! LOL
 

AthensPhilipRiversFan

Well-Known Member
Mar 13, 2006
760
292
180
54
rexy2006 said:
That's why you ARE NOT a lowly fan! You are a darn GOOD fan!:yes:

well i meant a lowly fan as in justa fan and no connections as the saying goes. ya know...aint like we meet every Wednesday for lunch. LOL!! :icon_razz: but thank u muches...i try my bestest to the bestest AthensPhilipRiversFan possible. :tup: