• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Prophecy has been fulfilled...

BFISA

Thunderstruck said:
That was funny the first 87 times I saw it.

Less so the next 1,348 times.
word :icon_eek: :icon_evil:

But he has a neato siggy at the UT :yes: :lol: :icon_rofl:

Trumpet_Man

Channel 7/39 did a "tailgate watercooler" bit with me yesterday and it will be re-played throughout the week. :icon_banana:

I have not seen it but rumor has it they aired my "Rivers is the Chosen One" blast :lol: :icon_banana: :icon_party:

BFISA

Trumpet_Man said:
Channel 7/39 did a "tailgate watercooler" bit with me yesterday and it will be re-played throughout the week. :icon_banana:

I have not seen it but rumor has it they aired my "Rivers is the Chosen One" blast :lol: :icon_banana: :icon_party:
Get help!!:icon_eek:

:icon_rofl: :icon_banana: :icon_party:

Trumpet_Man said:

Way to go T man and Bolt fans :icon_banana: :nana_dance: :nana_guitar: :nana_dance:

I'll have another

MasterOfPuppets

Charger fan since 1979
On the TV broadcast you could hear a trumpet playing the "charge!" music and everybody yelling "charge!" was that you trumpy? it didn't sound like it was the PA

I think this thread is reared it's head slightly ahead of schedule. I believe "The Prophecy" relates to a superbowl victory rather than a mid-season win over the Rams. Just the same I sure your enthusiasm...

BFISA

MasterOfPuppets said:
On the TV broadcast you could hear a trumpet playing the "charge!" music and everybody yelling "charge!" was that you trumpy? it didn't sound like it was the PA
Y'all oughtta hear that assshole at 6:30 in the mornin!!:icon_eek: :icon_evil:

:lol: :tup: :icon_rofl: :icon_banana:

boltssbbound

in_a_days said:
I think this thread is reared it's head slightly ahead of schedule. I believe "The Prophecy" relates to a superbowl victory rather than a mid-season win over the Rams. Just the same I sure your enthusiasm...
I think he was referring to the pic of Philip hovering in midair surrounded by bolts of lightning.

WonderSlug

This is a good thread in which to post this tidbit of info.

Rivers has thrown for 1536 yards in 7 games. That's an average of 219 .4 yds per game.

If he maintains at least this average the rest of the season, he'll have over 3500 passing yards for the season, with a completion ratio in the 60-67 percentile. And that's with his throwing being very limited in two of our first 3 games!

Not bad for a first year starter eh?

BFISA

WonderSlug said:
This is a good thread in which to post this tidbit of info.

Rivers has thrown for 1536 yards in 7 games. That's an average of 219 .4 yds per game.

If he maintains at least this average the rest of the season, he'll have over 3500 passing yards for the season, with a completion ratio in the 60-67 percentile. And that's with his throwing being very limited in two of our first 3 games!

Not bad for a first year starter eh?
I think those stats will improve exponentially as the season (and Philip's seasoning) progresses.

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
He's an outstanding QB and AJ proved he knows what he's doing

I like Brees and I'm glad he's doing well in NO but rivers is making throws brees could never dream about and leading the team (not managing it) better then any QB since maybe Humphries