The "Official" Chargers vs. Packers GAMEDAY THREAD!

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
You better believe it. Football is back. Since it's bad luck to start the official gameday thread until the day of the game, we had to wait until this very moment to do it. But, the time is now!!!! Gameday is here. The first of many. It's officially football season, and this is going to be a season to remember.

GO BOLTS!!!

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
I hope Leander Jordan retires following this game so he and his friend Bob Hallen can take their money and go on a ghey cruiseship and live happily ever after :icon_razz:

Other than that, I'm looking forward to garbage time to watch McKinney.

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
MtlBoltsFan said:
I hope Leander Jordan retires following this game so he and his friend Bob Hallen can take their money and go on a ghey cruiseship and live happily ever after :icon_razz:

I'm just looking forward to being there, tailgating, seting up the webcam, drinking beer, drinking mimosas, drinking whiskey, drinking tequilla, having a few beers, & watching some football.

KimPossible

BoltTalker
Jun 23, 2006
Thumper said:
Yeah, me too. I think he's going to play most of the first half.

I bet he's nervous and excited...and not sleeping all too well tonite...Merriman's probably sleeping like a baby lol...

Reactions: Thread_Killer

rexy2006

Dec 17, 2005
San Diego
Thumper said:
Yeah, me too. I think he's going to play most of the first half.
Are you STILL dwunk, wabbit?
Need to sober up to get drunk later today!
Logic! :icon_mrgreen:
When you gettin there, wabbit?

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
KimPossible said:
I bet he's nervous and excited...and not sleeping all too well tonite...Merriman's probably sleeping like a baby lol...
Merriman is gonna be a beast this year. It's just insane the potential this kid has. Add that to his work ethic and the sky is the limit. The only thing that stop Merriman is himself if he ever starts to think he's bigger than the game. Fortunately I don't see that happening.

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
rexy2006 said:
We are meeting at 11:15ish at the McDonands by Costco. Gates open at noon. I have so much beer, I had to get another ice chest.

rexy2006

Dec 17, 2005
San Diego
Thumper said:
We are meeting at 11:15ish at the McDonands by Costco. Gates open at noon. I have so much beer, I had to get another ice chest.
Dunno if I'll get there that early. I gotta get some sleep.

Buh bye

KimPossible

BoltTalker
Jun 23, 2006
Thumper said:
Merriman is gonna be a beast this year. It's just insane the potential this kid has. Add that to his work ethic and the sky is the limit. The only thing that stop Merriman is himself if he ever starts to think he's bigger than the game. Fortunately I don't see that happening.

I think he wants to project that beast..."I'm a bad azz" persona...he is loaded with potential and I think will be able to keep his ego in check...we don't have to worry about his "self-esteem" lol....

Reactions: turbo_turtle

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
rexy2006 said:
Yeah I think Thumper loves to threaten to ban me especially when he's drunk it's his favorite drinking activity. Screw pong when you can play threaten MTL.

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
MtlBoltsFan said:
Yeah I think Thumper loves to threaten to ban me especially when he's drunk it's his favorite drinking activity. Screw pong when you can play threaten MTL.
Funny thing is I'm not even drunk. :lol:

AthensPhilipRiversFan

Mar 13, 2006
NOT only can I not go being here in Bama...but they didn't get my Directv equipment in yesterday and so it obviously can't be installed today since it didn't arrive and UPS doesn't run on Saturdays. I've went from amazingly excited to totally depressed. :-(

So cheer my homeboy on for me. I'm stuck watching this dang computer screen again.

Teresa

Reactions: Thread_Killer

PhilipRivers#1

BoltTalker
Mar 14, 2006
AthensPhilipRiversFan said:
NOT only can I not go being here in Bama...but they didn't get my Directv equipment in yesterday and so it obviously can't be installed today since it didn't arrive and UPS doesn't run on Saturdays. I've went from amazingly excited to totally depressed. :-(

So cheer my homeboy on for me. I'm stuck watching this dang computer screen again.

Teresa
If you have regular cable, the game will be re-broadcast on NFL Network. :icon_banana:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
Thumper said:
I'm just looking forward to being there, tailgating, seting up the webcam, drinking beer, drinking mimosas, drinking whiskey, drinking tequilla, having a few beers, & watching some football.
Geez, after alla that, are ya sure you'll still be upright to watch football??:icon_eek: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :no: :lol: :icon_rofl:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
MtlBoltsFan said:

Jes plain ol bizarre :no:

SanDiegoRon

BoltTalker
Jan 13, 2006
BFISA said:
Geez, after alla that, are ya sure you'll still be upright to watch football??:icon_eek: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :no: :lol: :icon_rofl:
he won't care... :icon_rofl:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
Hey Ron, I sent the $$$ to Josh with instructions to give you my ticket and I'll get it when we hook up i Frisco!!:) :tup:

SanDiegoRon

BoltTalker
Jan 13, 2006
BFISA said:
Hey Ron, I sent the $$$ to Josh with instructions to give you my ticket and I'll get it when we hook up i Frisco!!:) :tup:
YOU DA MAN TOBY!!!... did he "push back" on sending it to me... I asked him nicely... :lol:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Trumpet_Man said:
Well sports fanatics - that time of year is finally here.

It is time for some FOOTBALL

WOOOHOOO !!!

Tonight our beloved team faces the Green Bay Fudge Packers and Brett "Lord" Favre riding the point. :icon_twisted:

Today is a Chargers fan FIRST in that the tailgater will be WEBCASTED LIVE. Click on the linky thing on the main forum page to connect. All Chargers home game tailgaters will be webcasted LIVE so stay tuned to the cutting edge of Bolt football entertainment. I suspect the webcam will be up and running no later than 2:00 PM PST (if not earlier). The gates open at NOON today so heads up.

It is time to ROCK & ROLL So. Cali. style so bust out those game faces and lets get ready to make some history.

On THREE (Go Chargers!!)...

ONE

TWO

THREE

GO CHARGERS !!!!
PS....Thumper...delete my Gameday thread I just posted....I just saw the sticky and did not want to jinx anything....:icon_mrgreen:

Reactions: PhilipRivers#1

AthensPhilipRiversFan

Mar 13, 2006
PhilipRivers#1 said:
If you have regular cable, the game will be re-broadcast on NFL Network. :icon_banana:
our regular cable doesn't carry nfl network either...arghhhh

exactly WHAT central time...CENTRAL TIME will the game be shown on nfl network and what CENTRAL time will it be on the radio if it's on the radio?? i hate time zones...the last 2 days have just frickin sucked...and

can somebody do me a HUGE favor??

Make a sign to take to the game...
ATHENS, ALABAMA LOVES PHILIP RIVERS

I would be forever grateful and in some small way..."be there" if that makes any sense.

Teresa