The Official Chargers vs. 49ers talk thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
O.k. the game is comming up and I know a lot of you are possibly looking past this team, but we have to keep our eye on their RB and TE. This team has played above its level every week.

Whats your take on the game.

Chargers 30, SF 17

Reactions: WonderSlug

glutton4Bolts

BoltTalker
Aug 27, 2006
Concudan said:
O.k. the game is comming up and I know a lot of you are possibly looking past this team, but we have to keep our eye on their RB and TE. This team has played above its level every week.

Whats your take on the game.

Chargers 30, SF 17
I agree that we shouldnt look past them..... but they arent going anywhere on the ground against us. Couple that with an overrated young QB, and a Defense with their ears pinned back.... I smell trouble in the gay area.....

Bolts 41
9rs 10

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
I don't see it any other way than carnage...unless the Chargers are lookin past this'un!!

Kitsune-udon

BoltTalker
Sep 17, 2006
BFISA said:
I don't see it any other way than carnage...unless the Chargers are lookin past this'un!!
I don't know who our next opponent is (past the 49ers) and I hope the Chargers don't either. :icon_wink:

rexy2006

Dec 17, 2005
San Diego
My sister's all like Why you goin up to a Niner game? THEY SUCK!

And I'm all like 50 great peeps from this messageboard, mostly in one hotel, hookin up and hangin out, partyin, tailgatin, sitting at the game together-FUN FUN FUN!

And she's all like OH!

And...she get's it.

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
The guys at Stats are axtin why I'm spendin alla that $$$ to go alla the wayta Frisco, and I tell'em much the same thing...but they're lookin at me like, you lucky bastard!!:tup: :icon_mrgreen: :lol: :icon_rofl:

rexy2006

Dec 17, 2005
San Diego
BFISA said:
The guys at Stats are axtin why I'm spendin alla that $$$ to go alla the wayta Frisco, and I tell'em much the same thing...but they're lookin at me like, you lucky bastard!!:tup: :icon_mrgreen: :lol: :icon_rofl:
As they should be! This will be a weekend for the ages I have forseen it...

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
rexy2006 said:
As they should be! This will be a weekend for the ages I have forseen it...
The game oughtta be purty good, as well!!:icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen: :tup:

darkcharger

BoltTalker
Sep 22, 2006
Coincidentally the Niners average giving up 350 yards a game while our Bolts average 350 yards of offense per game. Their defense is absolutely abysmal ranking near the bottom of the NFL while are defense is tops and our offense is near the top overall. Their offense has its occassional moments but they are slow to start in general. Overall, I see a huge beatdown by the Chargers as long as they don't overlook this team.

Reactions: Boltdiehard

mapcap55

BoltTalker
Aug 21, 2006
49ers are dead last in the league in points allowed, the Chargers are tied for second (with Chicago) in points allowed (broncos #1)

This game SHOULD be a blowout, Rivers should set career highs in this game, look for LT to get back on the 100 yard per game track...

But most of all I want to see some Defensive scoring...

PhillyChargerFan

Sep 25, 2006
I think this team (Chargers) is hungry and is out to prove something, I can't forsee the 9ers staying with us. Should be a nice enjoyable game to watch, well if your a Charger fan...:icon_mrgreen:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
Chargers are an early 10 point favorite-should cover it comfortably!!:yes: :tup:

exodus

Nov 4, 2005
The niners are horrible. I see them every week. Gore is just waiting to fumble the ball. Our D can crush his soul. Smith looked good the first 2 games but has really strugled. They have some ok recievers. This game should be a complete blowout. This game should be like what the Bears did to the bills. There is no reason why the niners should even come close in this game. We outclass them at every position. The only thing, like many of you are saying, is if the Chargers don't nut up for this game and bring it. Personally, I don't think Rivers will let them. I think that he's focused enough on the task at hand and he's not complacent enough to look past them. SD will bring it. They better!

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Chargers should win, but leave us to not forget 'On any given Sunday."

I hope they prep like they are playing indy!

Nomadic Bolt Fan

Jul 21, 2006
Wandering in Oregon.
rexy2006 said:
My sister's all like Why you goin up to a Niner game? THEY SUCK!

And I'm all like 50 great peeps from this messageboard, mostly in one hotel, hookin up and hangin out, partyin, tailgatin, sitting at the game together-FUN FUN FUN!

And she's all like OH!

And...she get's it.
This may not be the best game to see, but there is no way I am gonna miss the chance to party with that many fellow bolt fans! :icon_banana: :icon_toast: :icon_banana:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Nomadic Bolt Fan said:
This may not be the best game to see, but there is no way I am gonna miss the chance to party with that many fellow bolt fans! :icon_banana: :icon_toast: :icon_banana:
The unofficial head count seems to be pushing 200 posters with 60 from this site alone.

It should be glorious. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_toast:

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.
Aug 15, 2006
Chula Vista, CA
www.oceandivide.info
:mad:*soooo jealous*:mad:

Anyways, we're gonna fukkin' destroy them. The only way we lose is if we fumble the ball 10 times inside our own 5 yardline, and even then I'll take our D to hold them 9 out of 10 times.

Chargers in a BLOWOUT

SD - 41
SF - 9

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
Ride The Lightning said:
:mad:*soooo jealous*:mad:

Anyways, we're gonna fukkin' destroy them. The only way we lose is if we fumble the ball 10 times inside our own 5 yardline, and even then I'll take our D to hold them 9 out of 10 times.

Chargers in a BLOWOUT

SD - 41
SF - 9
Word. I think I predicted 41-10, but I like it better if we don't give up a TD.

One thing I do know for certain--no way their D can hang with our offense. We will put up 30+ if we sleepwalk through the game.

reef shark

BoltTalker
Sep 22, 2006
vegas
1) lamont and fargas had a lot of yards las week against them...

2) norv turner knew that raider team inside out...

3) Walter had his best day passing...

4) if lamont doesnt make a bonehead play on a lateral, the game is easily a nailbiter.

5) moss came through finally, and ronald curry had an unusually big day. this really bodes well for our receivers, although i think martyball will be full force in this one, with the niners' run D looking piss poor.

6) their best player (davis) wont play, and larry allen probably wont either.

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
reef shark said:
1) lamont and fargas had a lot of yards las week against them...

2) norv turner knew that raider team inside out...

3) Walter had his best day passing...

4) if lamont doesnt make a bonehead play on a lateral, the game is easily a nailbiter.

5) moss came through finally, and ronald curry had an unusually big day. this really bodes well for our receivers, although i think martyball will be full force in this one, with the niners' run D looking piss poor.

6) their best player (davis) wont play, and larry allen probably wont either.
Vernon Davis is not the Niners best player, despite his combine numbers. Even before the injury, he had not had that big of an impact, regularly trying to one hand balls instead of snatching them with both hands.

cranberry

BoltTalker
Oct 3, 2006
Gross Gerau, Germany, Frankfurt area
exodus said:
There is no reason why the niners should even come close in this game. :tup: We outclass them at every position. The only thing, like many of you are saying, is if the Chargers don't nut up for this game and bring it. :yes: Personally, I don't think Rivers will let them. I think that he's focused enough on the task at hand and he's not complacent enough to look past them. :icon_banana: SD will bring it. They better!
:bolt: The next game is always the hardest. So when the Chargers
go north and fight as they did before they'll win by more than 3 TDs

Status
Not open for further replies.