The new San Diego Chargers

Fouts

Aug 17, 2007
La Jolla, CA
Let's imagine they come back sans Spanos. How would your fandom go?

I now realise it's almost a blessing in disguise they left. The NFL consummed me, esp. everything Chargers.

Pre season, mon, thurs sat, sun. I would have watched tues and weds too.

Now may watch Sunday if good matchup. Don't hate watch Chokers, it's not entertaining anymore.

Hallelujah! :p

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Let's imagine they come back sans Spanos. How would your fandom go?

I now realise it's almost a blessing in disguise they left. The NFL consummed me, esp. everything Chargers.

Pre season, mon, thurs sat, sun. I would have watched tues and weds too.

Now may watch Sunday if good matchup. Don't hate watch Chokers, it's not entertaining anymore.

Hallelujah! :p
I miss the radio and listening literally every chance to chug news. So if spanos were gone and they came back I'd welcome it but if any spanos were within 100 miles of town I'd boycott that team just as now. I stopped hate watching but still wish nothing but bad karma for the spanos family...nothing is too horrific if it happens to them. And yes am thankful they are gone from SD....total embarrassment and waste of time and money supporting an owner who will never win anything as long as he's involved. He's a loser at whatever he does. A stain on the human race.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
As an aside I think it's best the NFL just stays out of SD. It's not the same for fans anymore. It's become a big huge corporate deal and so therefore going to games would be far too expensive and without the fun of yesteryear. Plus no more MV for the NFL......they gave that away to the dumbass SDSU losers. To show you just how bad SDSU football is they actually hired Brady Hoke again. He is a 4 letter word in Ann Arbor where he ran that program right into the ground, if that was even possible as far down as they'd gone. Jim Harbaugh immediately turned them around so they were at least halfway competitive , in his very first year after replacing the completely inept Hoke. SDSU is just stupid that way. Never gonna amount to schit. Another waste of time just like spanos was.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fender57

TTK

Swag Chain! SPIN IT!
Jul 30, 2007
Just bring the MLS to MV and I'll be happy. I don't even care about my Alma Mater's football anymore. Who cares about another trip to the the Idaho Potato Bowl or the Frisco Bowl?

Reactions: Gill Man

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Once the Spanni mold is safely removed, it can be all right.
First, the NFL would love for Someone to remove Spanos, rename team as needed,
and I think the Raiders, Broncos, and Chiefs owners would welcome
the teams's return to San Diego.
(If moved elsewhere in the U.S., some owners will not like it.). The NFL would love to have a true billionaire owner Bezos, Jay-Z, the “Rock”. I think they'd leave a new Stadium up to that type of owner. And I'd reckon you'd not have a hard time debate about a large
relocation fee for San Diego (esp. when the LA Chargers can't pay for that label now).
I think once the economy gets going full speed, someone (rich, rich), and some League will place
a team in San Diego. Both for themselves and the talk of a potential NFl expansion in a few years.

Last edited:

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
To show you just how bad SDSU football is they actually hired Brady Hoke again.
I cannot emphasize how much of a travesty this was. This is like Julius Caesar surviving his stabbing and bringing back Brutus as his bodyguard. Or letting Dean Spenis back to town. Stupid move and an insult to anybody that’s ever been a fan of SDSU football.

Reactions: Gill Man and TTK

Pointyearedog

I only put idiots on ignore...
Aug 19, 2008
Golden Hill
What about that whole episode with the Spanos sister that was suing her brother Dean because the team is losing money and they can't afford to support the organization? She wants the team to be sold...

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
it is in the hands of the court. its a mess.
Only jerk Deano could demand a stadium, move, no stadium , no fans, keep same name, keep same "team" look, know you can't pay your part for the stadium, know you can't pay for the relocation fee, pretend your sons are actually competent running any professional football operation, think your sister Dea is "misguided", end up in LA, zero fans, no public money, and in more debt than you would have been if you built a SD stadium by yourself. Which didn't happen because you are an idiot. And your sons are idiots. Now you can't pay your "charities". Loser, on the field, and off.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
If I knew where alex was burried, I would store all my urine for a year and pour all over his grave site.
If it's flammable, I'd like to see the video. Esp. If you put it on Youtube.

Here's his current address:

Cherokee Memorial Park
LOCATIONHwy 99 E Harney Ln
Lodi, San Joaquin County, California, 95240

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man