The Madden Curse Strikes Again!

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Kitsune-udon

BoltTalker
Sep 17, 2006
Madden Curse Strikes Again!

The Seahawks lost reigning MVP Shaun Alexander indefinitely after X-rays revealed a small crack in his left foot.

Alexander missed two days of practice last week because of the foot injury believed to have been sustained during a tackle in the Arizona Cardinals game in Week 2. Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren, who announced the injury Monday, wasn't sure which part of Sunday's game against the Giants that Alexander suffered further injury to the foot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2602571

Reactions: Boltdiehard

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005

PostAnteaterCharger said:
i am authoritatively screwed on ALL my fantasy teams
He hasn't done much for ya anyway!!:icon_eek: :no: :icon_mrgreen:

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com

Kitsune-udon said:
The Seahawks lost reigning MVP Shaun Alexander indefinitely after X-rays revealed a small crack in his left foot.

Alexander missed two days of practice last week because of the foot injury believed to have been sustained during a tackle in the Arizona Cardinals game in Week 2. Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren, who announced the injury Monday, wasn't sure which part of Sunday's game against the Giants that Alexander suffered further injury to the foot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2602571
Do not let them put LT, Gates, Rivers, etc. on the cover of the next Madden, NO MATTER WHAT!!! :icon_eek:

Boltdiehard

Jan 5, 2006

I passed on Alexander and LJ and took LT with the first pick in two drafts. :yes: :bolt:

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006

My all-bolts fantasy team has been doing pretty sweet, except for this week of course.

LT, Gates, Rivers, Kaeding, KMac, VJ, Parker and the Bolts' D had me 2-0. Then came the bye week and I got smoked. :lol:

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006

Thumper said:
Do not let them put LT, Gates, Rivers, etc. on the cover of the next Madden, NO MATTER WHAT!!! :icon_eek:
:icon_eek: :mad2: :icon_evil: If they put Gates on Madden I will sue madden to take him off just because Gates is my adopted Charger and I do not want the curse to strike him what so ever.:icon_evil: :mad2: :icon_eek:

Pick Roethlisberger please I beg you or even pick TO I would most definitely appreciate it.

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA

Boltdiehard said:
I passed on Alexander and LJ and took LT with the first pick in two drafts. :yes: :bolt:

:trout: :icon_finger: :icon_finger: :trout:

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com

turbo_turtle said:
:icon_eek: :mad2: :icon_evil: If they put Gates on Madden I will sue madden to take him off just because Gates is my adopted Charger and I do not want the curse to strike him what so ever.:icon_evil: :mad2: :icon_eek:

Pick Roethlisberger please I beg you or even pick TO I would most definitely appreciate it.
TO is a curse unto himself. He needs no help from Madden to self destruct. :lol:

Put Jake Plummer on the cover. I seriously love it when that guy implodes.

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA

Thumper said:
TO is a curse unto himself. He needs no help from Madden to self destruct. :lol:

put drew brees on it

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com

Boltdiehard said:
I had the 4th overall pick in one of my leagues. Only league I was in the top 4 to pick. I got LJ. The 1, 2, 3 picks went like this:

#1 LT
#2 Alexander
#3 Peyton Manning
#4 LJ

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006

Thumper said:

Matbe 2 curses could cancel each other out.:lol:

Yeah get Jake Plummer he will be a great Madden cover boy take him that would be great.:icon_toast: :icon_rofl:

Thread_Killer

Feb 6, 2006

PostAnteaterCharger said:
put drew brees on it
Drew might not have a team when it's time to make the cover. The Saints can let him go pretty easily after this year, as far as the cap goes.

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com

Thread_Killer said:
Drew might not have a team when it's time to make the cover. The Saints can let him go pretty easily after this year, as far as the cap goes.
The Saints would be stupid to let Brees go. :tdown:

foober

BoltTalker
Aug 17, 2006

Gad, so true. They better not put a charger on the front of thier product ever. They'll want to after this year. But we as gun carrying citizens should not allow it. :yes: :yes: :yes:

MadMike

Mar 17, 2006
Once again the player who adornes the cover of Madden 2007 has gone down to injury. Shaun Alexander has broken a bone in his foot and is now out (Indefinitely:ESPN, 2-4 weeks:Seattle). I hate to see this happen. I want him healthy and ready to go in December so we can have the LT - Alexander Bowl. Note to Chargers Players: Do not ever agree to be on the cover of the SI NFL Football Preview magazine nor Madden. Ever. Period. No matter how much money. Never.

MadMike

Mar 17, 2006
MadMike said:
Once again the player who adornes the cover of Madden 2007 has gone down to injury. Shaun Alexander has broken a bone in his foot and is now out (Indefinitely:ESPN, 2-4 weeks:Seattle). I hate to see this happen. I want him healthy and ready to go in December so we can have the LT - Alexander Bowl. Note to Chargers Players: Do not ever agree to be on the cover of the SI NFL Football Preview magazine nor Madden. Ever. Period. No matter how much money. Never.
Sorry Dupe. Merging them.