The Last Men Standing

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
OUTSTANDING!!!!! LOVE IT!!!! THIS DESERVES A STICKY, EVEN ON THE FOOTBALL FORUM!!!! GO AZTECS!!! GO SAN DIEGO ST.!!!!!!

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
OUTSTANDING!!!!! LOVE IT!!!! THIS DESERVES A STICKY, EVEN ON THE FOOTBALL FORUM!!!! GO AZTECS!!! GO SAN DIEGO ST.!!!!!!
SDSU now ranked at #3. or at #4

4. San Diego State (18-0)
The Aztecs are the lone unbeaten team in the country remaining after Auburn suffered its first loss on Wednesday night. Few would have pegged SDSU to outlast everyone, but a rebooted roster marked by key transfers like Malachi Flynn is getting the job done for coach Brian Dutcher—and could make a real run at finishing the regular season unscathed.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
I think it's great and all but.....

strength of schedule is weak

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
This thread stays stickied until Aztecs lose a game. I hope this damn thing stays up til next year!!! lolz.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
SDSU will climb in the rankings Monday, will be the highest they’ve been ranked. They then can match their best 20-0 start Tue against Wyo. I guess the D is damn good. They had to come back from being down at the half against Nev. early in the year they very narrowly escaped a huge upset by San Jose St. as always gotta be concerned about the weak strength of the conference compared with the elites but we’ll take it. UNDEFEATED!

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
YEEHAW!!!!! THE THREAD REMAINS STICKIFIED!!!!! GO AZTECS!!!!!

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
21-0

But the basketball is empty of air this day.
yeah lots of hearts are empty this day. So sad. Not a day to celebrate the Aztecs 21-0 record unfortunately. Maybe dedicate it to Kobe and daughter and all those souls killed in that tragic accident.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
21-0

But the basketball is empty of air this day.
indeed. I remember when Payne Stewart’s plane went down. I met him at Torrey Pines a few years before. i never met Kobe but the suddenness of it is a tough one to get the mind around.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Sorry to all you Kobe fans, but my team doesn't win often enough to ignore our greatest win-streak ever. I am celebrating this. Go Aztecs.

Reactions: Fender57

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
23-0.....Aztecs beat Utah State 80-68. This thread is so sticky it's stuck. lolz.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
15 retired and 11 went off.

great night to be an Aztec fan.
I didn't see it but followed the play by play on Yahoo sports. It was pretty telling how the Aztecs just took over down the stretch as they were actually behind in rebounds with about 8-9 min to go and ended up considerably ahead in rebounds. So they just dominated when clutch time came. Hit some 3 pointers down the stretch too to bury em. They were trailing in 3 pt % and free throw % also and finished ahead after the stretch run. They did what they had to do against a tenacious but mediocre 3rd place team. Will be amazing if they can somehow run the table before the tournament. Could they actually reach the Final Four???????? Almost impossible to imagine but how incredible would that be for SD???? That is why I'd have loved for MV to be a site for an elite sports complex that would include a sports arena to house Final Four/NBA/NHL and a pro/college elite stadium for football and soccer. Why not us????