• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"The Herd" says Bears' D overrated, Chargers better, and Gates interview

WonderSlug

User "LAChargers2008" on GTP has alerted people regarding yesterday's ESPN Radio's "The Herd" available regarding the Bears, Chargers, and Gates.

LAChargers2008 said:
First off on Colin's show "The Herd" this morning he goes into why the Bears are being given WAY too much credit for their Defense. How the Chargers are the real deal, deserve more props than the Bears:

http://espnrad.vo.llnwd.net/o10/espnradio/insider/herd/herd_10192006_3.mp3

One *** hat caller said the reason SD gets no respect is they wear Powder Blue unis :lol:

Then he has an interview with Gates:

http://espnrad.vo.llnwd.net/o10/espnradio/insider/herd/herd_10192006_4.mp3

exodus

Thanks for the files. A good listen. He was all over the bears lmao.

BTW, how'd that poll with the fan research or whatever do? Now I must know!!!

Sometimes Cowherd is cool, sometimes he bugs. What I do know is that he thinks LT is the best player in football, though his is a self-admitted-west-coast-homer. Bottom line... even IF all the hype surrounding the Bears D was justified, the loss of Mike Brown is going to be HUGE. In the next couple weeks I believe teams are going to discover that all the sudden they can beat the Bears down the field.

Trumpet_Man

in_a_days said:
Sometimes Cowherd is cool, sometimes he bugs. What I do know is that he thinks LT is the best player in football, though his is a self-admitted-west-coast-homer. Bottom line... even IF all the hype surrounding the Bears D was justified, the loss of Mike Brown is going to be HUGE. In the next couple weeks I believe teams are going to discover that all the sudden they can beat the Bears down the field.
Do you think the Bears FS who had foot surgery and went on IR has anything to do with it ?

Trumpet_Man said:
Do you think the Bears FS who had foot surgery and went on IR has anything to do with it ?
Yes sir, that would be the aforementioned Mike Brown. And I think the lack his presence on the field is going to leave a gaping hole in their secondary.

Trumpet_Man

in_a_days said:
Yes sir, that would be the aforementioned Mike Brown. And I think the lack his presence on the field is going to leave a gaping hole in their secondary.
I do not know who is there back-up at FS but that is good news about gaping holes...... :tup:

Boltjolt

in_a_days said:
Overall, Cowherd is a douche

Boltjolt

Trumpet_Man said:
I can count on one hand the times I have heard him so I do not know his lines of bullshiit yet....

But I trust you have him pegged.... :icon_mrgreen:
I dont listen to him anymore......just cant. He just says things that make you want to call him up and tell him what a douche he is.

Two years ago he was being so adament when the Packers where going to play the Falcons and he was all over Vicks jock. Said Vick was the ****...Favre was done and Vick would outplay him and the Falcons would win...yada, yada, yada.

Vick played like ****...Favre was good and they won. He went on and on that yes he was wrong but spewed other factors of this and that...what a douche. Callers were lighting up the phones to get to him.

You had to hear it to know what i mean but he does stuff like that a lot about games and individuals.

I just download Stern shows now and listen him instead.Have for years anyways but with Sirius he is the **** now. Much better than his regular radio shows.

Boltdiehard

I knew the media would be all over us this week.

We played our worst defensive half of football all season last week.

F-that.

I want bodies on the ground in Arrowhead. Let's finish their season on sunday. No excuses. Queefs are already biatching about injuries and all that. We need Merriman and Co. to go off this week.

Our time is now. Get it done. :yes: :bolt:

Trumpet_Man

http://www.kffl.com/hotw

Chargers | Defense especially strong after halftime
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 06:18:00 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports the San Diego Chargers defense has shut out three teams in the second half of games and has allowed just 14 second-half points all season, fewest in the NFL.

WonderSlug

Trumpet_Man said:
http://www.kffl.com/hotw

Chargers | Defense especially strong after halftime
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 06:18:00 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports the San Diego Chargers defense has shut out three teams in the second half of games and has allowed just 14 second-half points all season, fewest in the NFL.
It would have been 4 games had we not allowed Vince Young a cheapie TD in the last 3.5 minutes of the Titans game. :icon_evil:

Trumpet_Man

WonderSlug said:
It would have been 4 games had we not allowed Vince Young a cheapie TD in the last 3.5 minutes of the Titans game. :icon_evil:
I would like to see our defense win a game by scoring points as the Bears did on MNF.

WonderSlug

Trumpet_Man said:
I would like to see our defense win a game by scoring points as the Bears did on MNF.
With the exception of two players, I'm not sure our D is as fast as those on the Bears. They'll get the turnover but be caught before they can score the TD.