• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The battle for the west begins now....

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Denvers remaining games
Nov 5 @Pittsburgh
Nov 12 @Oakland
Nov 19 San Diego
Nov 23 @Kansas City
Dec 3 Seattle
Dec 10 @San Diego
Dec 17 @Arizona
Dec 24 Cincinnati
Dec 31 San Francisco

KC's remaining game
Nov 5 @St. Louis
Nov 12 @Miami
Nov 19 Oakland
Nov 23 Denver
Dec 3 @Cleveland
Dec 10 Baltimore
Dec 17 @San Diego
Dec 23 @Oakland
Dec 31 Jacksonville

Oakland's remaining games
Nov 6 @Seattle
Nov 12 Denver
Nov 19 @Kansas City
Nov 26 @San Diego
Dec 3 Houston
Dec 10 @Cincinnati
Dec 17 St. Louis
Dec 23 Kansas City
Dec 31 @N.Y. Jets

Our remaining games
Nov 5 Cleveland 4:
Nov 12 @Cincinnati
Nov 19 @Denver
Nov 26 Oakland
Dec 3 @Buffalo
Dec 10 Denver
Dec 17 Kansas City
Dec 24 @Seattle
Dec 31 Arizona

So given this, who is in the best position to win the west?!

Denver and SD are at 5-2. KC is at 4-3, Oakland is 2-5.

This is a three dog race, which dog has the inside track?

sdchrger

Concudan said:
Denvers remaining games
Nov 5 @Pittsburgh
Nov 12 @Oakland
Nov 19 San Diego
Nov 23 @Kansas City
Dec 3 Seattle
Dec 10 @San Diego
Dec 17 @Arizona
Dec 24 Cincinnati
Dec 31 San Francisco

KC's remaining game
Nov 5 @St. Louis
Nov 12 @Miami
Nov 19 Oakland
Nov 23 Denver
Dec 3 @Cleveland
Dec 10 Baltimore
Dec 17 @San Diego
Dec 23 @Oakland
Dec 31 Jacksonville

Oakland's remaining games
Nov 6 @Seattle
Nov 12 Denver
Nov 19 @Kansas City
Nov 26 @San Diego
Dec 3 Houston
Dec 10 @Cincinnati
Dec 17 St. Louis
Dec 23 Kansas City
Dec 31 @N.Y. Jets

Our remaining games
Nov 5 Cleveland 4:
Nov 12 @Cincinnati
Nov 19 @Denver
Nov 26 Oakland
Dec 3 @Buffalo
Dec 10 Denver
Dec 17 Kansas City
Dec 24 @Seattle
Dec 31 Arizona

So given this, who is in the best position to win the west?!

Denver and SD are at 5-2. KC is at 4-3, Oakland is 2-5.

This is a three dog race, which dog has the inside track?
KC has the easiest schedule from here on out and Green starting practicing again. I'd watch out for them.

I think Denver's set for a fall.

KC at San Diego could determine the division.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
The Cincinati, and @ denver games are the ones that I really look at as the big challenges left...

kc will lose at least five more games- including next week at st. louis. denver is peaced at pit next week. oakland sucks. unless the jets have a miracle run, or the bengals as well, we should lock a wild card (if somehow a snowball has a chance in hell and we dont win the division). this is assuming j-ville sputters the rest of the way, and the afc north cancels each other out, which is very likely. look at the jags schedule, its not easy.

M

matilack

reef shark said:
kc will lose at least five more games- including next week at st. louis. denver is peaced at pit next week. oakland sucks. unless the jets have a miracle run, or the bengals as well, we should lock a wild card (if somehow a snowball has a chance in hell and we dont win the division). this is assuming j-ville sputters the rest of the way, and the afc north cancels each other out, which is very likely. look at the jags schedule, its not easy.
KC is starting to scare me actually,they have looked good on the Offensive side of the ball, and have there moments on D.

But then again, we did score 27 points in the snap of a finger, and the Seahawks didnt have Alexander and Hasselbeck today an nearly won anyway.
So I dunno.

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
matilack said:
KC is starting to scare me actually,they have looked good on the Offensive side of the ball, and have there moments on D.

But then again, we did score 27 points in the snap of a finger, and the Seahawks didnt have Alexander and Hasselbeck today an nearly won anyway.
So I dunno.
they have two weapons; Gonzalez and Johnson
If we could actually TACKLE we could fix that

The other option is to score so much so fast that we don't let them get the running game going

PostAnteaterCharger said:
they have two weapons; Gonzalez and Johnson
If we could actually TACKLE we could fix that

The other option is to score so much so fast that we don't let them get the running game going

And don't underestimate the advantage they had in playing us in Arrowhead. In my opinion we dominated a superior version of the Chiefs today. I expected the Bolts to lose in KC (and loved their moxy in fighting to make the game a nail-biter). My belief is that they'll be dismantled when they play us here in San Diego.

Cincy's a paper-tiger. If you don't turn the ball over against them they aren't going to beat you unless you suck. They're suffering the '93 Chargers syndrome...a team pops outta nowhere, has a great season, gets a much tougher schedule and then proves they aren't ready for prime-time. In some ways it's even more exagerrated for Cincy, because they have all the hype generated by CJ, Palmer, and their "Colts Lite" offense.

Cincy has a good offense and nothing else.

Gotta play one game at a time. Everyone and god knows the denver games will be huge. And denver knows it too. Looking at the schedule they really should just concentrate on one game at a time. There are many battle yet to come.

I have a feeling we're going to be 8-4, and it's going to come down to how we finish the season...if we win all four I'll be very pleasantly suprised, but I think we might give one away...

At this point you really can't count anybody out of the west with the exception of the Raiders. The bottom line is we have to beat Denver on their turf and we haven't proven that we can do that the past couple of years. I truly believe that we are the better team its just a matter of us showing up to play or not.

tboltzcali

Ladies and Gents, we control our own destiny. We need to at worst, win all our home games. We have 5 home games left...browns, raiders, broncos, chiefs, cardnals. That gives us 10 wins. Apply that to other road wins, bills, and maybe cincy, that gives us 12. They control, not the other teams. If we can do this, we will make the playoffs. Division champs or not, I want a playoff berth. Pittsburgh needs to get off there *** and start winning again. Hopefully they start this week versus the donks. The raiders need to help us out, but not become dangerous to where we need to worry about them. The chiefs need to slow down a bit as well. We will be in the playoffs.