The Axe Man Cometh! Who Gets Cut?

Pointyearedog

I only put idiots on ignore...
Aug 19, 2008
Golden Hill
As Black Monday approaches, which head coach or coordinator gets the heave-ho after this season? Some probably won't wait for a day or two, and some may not be dropped until after the Super Bowl. Either way, who do you think loses their job?

Thanks,

Pointy :cool:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Only because Spanos is a cheap bastard.
“That’s one of the reasons we brought him in,” owner Dean Spanos said. “We believed that he could change the culture, just the whole perspective and attitude of the players.

“Every coach is different. I’m not saying the prior coaches were bad. They’re all different. We needed something that was unique. We just needed to change the mindset of the players, and I think he did that.” May 2019

Classic Spanni Sausage Roll.
Mindset of the players....sure. Not the mutant twins.

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Not sure Patricia saves his job with the Loins either. The question is who will be the top HC candidates? I'd say Ron Rivera, George Saleh just to name 2.

captaind

Waka waka waka
Jul 12, 2007
Tennessee
If the Chargers were smart, they'd ditch Lynn and get in on the McDaniels hiring. Although I'm not sure Spanos would ever spend the money.

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
If the Chargers were smart, they'd ditch Lynn and get in on the McDaniels hiring. Although I'm not sure Spanos would ever spend the money.
Why is that smart? Remember McDaniels in Denver? No thanks. Wasn't he sought after before Denver because of his time with the Patriots? is the second stint with them going to make him better?

Lynn has done a good job as HC. As well as someone can do (this season wise) with your star RB holding out, your star corner out most of the year, and an OL that has more holes than a cheese grator.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Why is that smart? Remember McDaniels in Denver? No thanks. Wasn't he sought after before Denver because of his time with the Patriots? is the second stint with them going to make him better?

Lynn has done a good job as HC. As well as someone can do (this season wise) with your star RB holding out, your star corner out most of the year, and an OL that has more holes than a cheese grator.
I don’t think he is elite. He doesn’t do well in-game management. Too many coaching blunders. But he is serviceable which is why he will be retained. We will see how good he is post rivers.

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
I don’t think he is elite. He doesn’t do well in-game management. Too many coaching blunders. But he is serviceable which is why he will be retained. We will see how good he is post rivers.
How many coaches are elite?
I think sometimes if we watch one or two teams that the mistakes of the payers and coaches are maximized because we always see them, so what is something minor and does not impact the game seems major to us. Other coaches and players have the same problems, but because we do not see them game in and game out, it does not seem the same.

I respect your guy's take, but I don't fully agree with it. I think with a mobile, decent QB Lynn's scheme could be a very good one.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
That is not at all surprising to me. The Browns made the statement they were going to find an "exceptional leader of men" and Saleh fits the bill. All his players have mentioned how impressive and inspiring he is and what a great teacher he is. He should be the first guy hired by any team. Not sure he would want to go to CLE but sometimes you gotta start there.....Bellicheat did. I think he's the next great HC in the league. Rex Ryan had similar rave reviews by players but don't think he's anywhere near Saleh in terms of character and motivation and ability to take command of a whole team/room. I think Saleh will be a special one. We'll find out most likely by next year, I hope so! Big loss for the Niners if he's gone.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
McDaniels, meh. He is one of those guys who will be always be a good OC. Like a Norv
yeah he bombed in DEN....unless he made some metamorphosis and learned from his errors he'll be another norb.....OC in a HC's uniform. But no one can be as bad as norb can they???? Mike McCoy? Mike Riley? Dan Henning? Yeah I guess they can lolz. Just get spanos to hire someone and you probably will find a norbesque HC. I greatly doubt Anthony Lynn will ever take a team to the SB....just doesn't have it although he's at least better than norb and mccoy were lolz. What happened to his great trainer who was supposed to stop the injury plague? What happened to his supposed ability to teach the running game so they could run at will??? It's still the same pass happy team that cannot run the damn ball and the O line sucks at blocking. Lynn has failed bigtime in my book in his 3 seasons. He got absolutely terribly outcoached by Bellicheck in his best year when they got to the playoffs. And this year he's 0-6 against his division. Perfect time to fire the guy and get going with a real HC. JMHO as an elite internet GM lolz ;)

edit: of course spanos will never eat a contract and also will be too cheap to go out and pay top dollar for the very best available HC in any given year....the other teams will tap the top of the barrel and good old deanis will take the bottom of the barrel and save himself some $ while still telling his fanbase how dedicated he is to putting the best product on the field and how optimistic he is that his HC is just what they've been looking for and need to go all the way. Same ol in spanosland. Yawn.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Spanosland ....
“Always low prices....”. “Live cheaper, live better....

Inglewood store now open.

Reactions: Gill Man

Fouts

Aug 17, 2007
La Jolla, CA
It does not matter who sPenis signs as head coach, his idiot son wants to play NFL personnel guy, no Belicheat type will never consider the job. Also, they would never pay top dollar due to the four owners, spAnus kids. Even if they did, they would not relinquish control to HC, and keep all the old assts. to again save money.

Last edited:

FiftyFive

Dean Spanos is a traitor!
Nov 14, 2017
They're not firing Lynn, but if they were looking for a coach, it would be a classic Deanos move to once again hire someone who flopped with a division rival and expect things to turn out differently with their joke of a franchise. They hired Marty after he massively underachieved with the Chiefs. They hired Norv after he went 9-23 and got fired by the Raiders. Giving McDaniels a second chance after he ruined the Broncos would complete the trifecta.

FiftyFive

Dean Spanos is a traitor!
Nov 14, 2017
McDaniels, meh. He is one of those guys who will be always be a good OC. Like a Norv
He's not even a good OC without the Patriots' cheating system. He produced the worst offense in the league during his lone season with the Rams even though he had a first overall pick QB, an elite RB, and a #1 WR who was coming off a Pro Bowl season.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
They're not firing Lynn, but if they were looking for a coach, it would be a classic Deanos move to once again hire someone who flopped with a division rival and expect things to turn out differently with their joke of a franchise. They hired Marty after he massively underachieved with the Chiefs. They hired Norv after he went 9-23 and got fired by the Raiders. Giving McDaniels a second chance after he ruined the Broncos would complete the trifecta.
That said re: Marty...he was at least MILES better than the 2 guys that assjack brought in as "yes men". Spanii cannot take a headstrong HC and never will......the owner and his 2 sons want all the control......even a GM gets neutered there.