That piece of krap turncoat Brady Hoke is back at SDSU

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
This program seems to be going downhill. Glad we approved a new stadium for them. :rolleyes:

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
This program seems to be going downhill. Glad we approved a new stadium for them. :rolleyes:
I’d give SDSU the land just to make a campus west before I’d allow Sucker City to grab that land.

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
I’d give SDSU the land just to make a campus west before I’d allow Sucker City to grab that land.
Well see if it ever happens. SDSU isn't even sure how all this will be paid for.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
31 “‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32 But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’

And I thought some of you Christians. Brush up on your non-Skywalker Luke.

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
Which is a good thing. There is NO rush to tear down the existing stadium.
Well, I know we'll never get a new stadium here. That's just how we do things here.

So I guess enjoy the SDCCU dump.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Well, I know we'll never get a new stadium here. That's just how we do things here.

really really crappy environment here to get a new stadium done.....although I think the 2 sides could have worked out a reasonable deal in MV if spanos hadn't point blank just ruled that out at the end. He at some point set his sights on LA and there was nothing SD could do to change that. When that was is debatable, I am of the opinion he set his sights on LA way early on.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008

I don’t want a new stadium just for the sake of it, and especially not for a pro soccer team. This town would never support it, not that Sucker City was really about soccer anyway.

The SDSU plan is best for precisely the reason you point out as a negative - the more time that drags out the more time a viable nfl partner might be found.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
31 “‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32 But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’

And I thought some of you Christians. Brush up on your non-Skywalker Luke.
He’s no prodigal son. He was never ours and he made that plainly clear from day one.

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
This town would totally support an MLS team IMO.

Both Soccer City and SDSU West was all about developers trying to get their hands on MV. At least we would have gotten a new team and stadium with Soccer City. Hard to get excited about Mountain West football in a decaying stadium with a team that will never go anywhere.

I hope I'm wrong and they can somehow build that stadium soon but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: SDRay

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
This town would totally support an MLS team IMO.

Both Soccer City and SDSU West was all about developers trying to get their hands on MV. At least we would have gotten a new team and stadium with Soccer City. Hard to get excited about Mountain West football in a decaying stadium with a team that will never go anywhere.

I hope I'm wrong and they can somehow build that stadium soon but I'm not holding my breath.
The track record of outdoor soccer here is not very good. Indoor soccer is another story - the Sockers had to move indoors to make traction in this town and they eventually abandoned the outdoor game.

But my beef was not with MLS so much as the blatant land grab that was facilitated by Falconer and Sherman. Those guys had Sucker City ready to go as soon as the Chargers left, as if they couldn’t wait. I’m sure they stood to benefit from Sucker City, for that reason alone I’m glad SDSU came in and stopped that nonsense. I’d rather see the “eyesore” of San Diego Jack Murphy Stadium for the rest of my life than see a bunch of retail space go up and that’s what was going to happen because there was no guarantee MLS was even going to come here.

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
The track record of outdoor soccer here is not very good. Indoor soccer is another story - the Sockers had to move indoors to make traction in this town and they eventually abandoned the outdoor game.

But my beef was not with MLS so much as the blatant land grab that was facilitated by Falconer and Sherman. Those guys had Sucker City ready to go as soon as the Chargers left, as if they couldn’t wait. I’m sure they stood to benefit from Sucker City, for that reason alone I’m glad SDSU came in and stopped that nonsense. I’d rather see the “eyesore” of San Diego Jack Murphy Stadium for the rest of my life than see a bunch of retail space go up and that’s what was going to happen because there was no guarantee MLS was even going to come here.
The way I understood it, it was written in the measure that Soccer City was contingent on the MLS approving a team to San Diego. And this is one of the reasons I disliked the SDSU measure. There is no guarantee that it will ever get built. I just want see something get done in this city for once.

But yes, the fact that Falconer and Sherman were behind the FS group made it hard to support.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
The way I understood it, it was written in the measure that Soccer City was contingent on the MLS approving a team to San Diego. And this is one of the reasons I disliked the SDSU measure. There is no guarantee that it will ever get built. I just want see something get done in this city for once.

But yes, the fact that Falconer and Sherman were behind the FS group made it hard to support.
The city attorney concluded the language in the proposal was vague and in some places contradictory. Furthermore, it was not clear if the development rights were sold that there was any binding language that would require the stadium be built. In other words, there was a very good chance it would just be a bunch of retail space, which I believe would’ve went up instead of any stadium or river walk.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/politics/sd-me-soccercity-legal-20170523-story.html

But we are digressing here, this thread is supposed to be about the demerits of SDSU hiring that piece of work Hoke - after the bullsht he perpetrated on the university and their fans he should be rode out in a rail tonight. Go back to Michigan you piece of garbage.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
]

But we are digressing here, this thread is supposed to be about the demerits of SDSU hiring that piece of work Hoke - after the bullsht he perpetrated on the university and their fans he should be rode out in a rail tonight. Go back to Michigan you piece of garbage.
UM wouldn't allow him in Ann Arbor lolz. He was run out of there, after a couple of years alumni couldn't stand the guy he was such a horrendous HC. Seems like ages since that program was at the top of their conference. Even Harbaugh has had trouble getting them over the hump to a conference championship. But he's miles ahead of anything Hoke did. Hopefully next year is their year with Urban Meyer out of the picture at OSU. UM scholarship and admission standards are higher than the other teams especially OSU making it tougher on them.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Rad. I hope he turns the D back to how it was when he was head coach or even just to how it was a couple years ago.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Rad. I hope he turns the D back to how it was when he was head coach or even just to how it was a couple years ago.
He has bounced around as a defensive line coach the past couple of seasons so I wouldn’t count on him performing any miracles. I think his success at SDSU was due to Rocky Long being on his staff running the defense.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
UM wouldn't allow him in Ann Arbor lolz. He was run out of there, after a couple of years alumni couldn't stand the guy he was such a horrendous HC. Seems like ages since that program was at the top of their conference. Even Harbaugh has had trouble getting them over the hump to a conference championship. But he's miles ahead of anything Hoke did. Hopefully next year is their year with Urban Meyer out of the picture at OSU. UM scholarship and admission standards are higher than the other teams especially OSU making it tougher on them.
Yeah he’d have to sneak into Michigan incognito. Maybe a catapult could be used to launch him from Wisconsin over the lake.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Yeah he’d have to sneak into Michigan incognito. Maybe a catapult could be used to launch him from Wisconsin over the lake.
LOLZ,,,,,,he could make like Chef Ramsey "Hell On Wheels".......put on a wig and stache and come into Ann Arbor in a big f-ing semi that says "Hoke on Wheels". He'd probably think he's actually disguised. That's probably about as much as he'll disguise his DL packages.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
LOLZ,,,,,,he could make like Chef Ramsey "Hell On Wheels".......put on a wig and stache and come into Ann Arbor in a big f-ing semi that says "Hoke on Wheels". He'd probably think he's actually disguised. That's probably about as much as he'll disguise his DL packages.
I've been disguising packages all my life.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
He has bounced around as a defensive line coach the past couple of seasons so I wouldn’t count on him performing any miracles. I think his success at SDSU was due to Rocky Long being on his staff running the defense.
I don't understand. I thought Hoke left and then Rocky Long took over.

Jan. 11, 2011
Hoke, 52, accepted his dream job Tuesday as the new head coach at the University of Michigan. His candidacy for that position was boosted this season after he resurrected an SDSU program that hadn’t had a winning season since 1998.
SDSU defensive coordinator Rocky Long is expected to be named today as San Diego State’s head coach, according to Walter Sullivan, Long’s agent. SDSU offensive coordinator Al Borges confirmed Tuesday that he will join Hoke at Michigan.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I don't understand. I thought Hoke left and then Rocky Long took over.

Jan. 11, 2011
Hoke, 52, accepted his dream job Tuesday as the new head coach at the University of Michigan. His candidacy for that position was boosted this season after he resurrected an SDSU program that hadn’t had a winning season since 1998.
SDSU defensive coordinator Rocky Long is expected to be named today as San Diego State’s head coach, according to Walter Sullivan, Long’s agent. SDSU offensive coordinator Al Borges confirmed Tuesday that he will join Hoke at Michigan.
Correct. Hoke had a good SDSU team because of their defense, which Rocky Long ran as defensive coordinator.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Correct. Hoke had a good SDSU team because of their defense, which Rocky Long ran as defensive coordinator.
You might be right. I hope Hoke is good though. After the finish to last year, I am good with this change. It isn't like Hoke is going to ruin the part of the team that already looked ruined. He can only make the defensive line, and, in turn, the whole defense better.