Thank You!!!

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Midswat

BoltTalker
Aug 17, 2005
As a Cowboys fan . . . I just wanted to thank you for suspending Antonio Gates for our week 1 game.

Its been a few years since we've won our opener, so this will be a nice change!

skiman

BoltTalker
Aug 8, 2005
Well these guys in the league just think they can run the nfl and their owners. Time for the owners to take a stand. This is a big blow for them, but i'm sure the chargers will prevail and overcome this. He will be in the lineup this year.

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
Yeah, he won't be there. But we still have many weapons plus an upraded defense. We'll win it at home. Below is the statement from the Chargers.

Tight end Antonio Gates did not report and sign a contract by 12:30 pm today. The Chargers and Gates� agent Andre Colona negotiated throughout the morning but could not reach an agreement on years or compensation. At this point, Gates does not feel comfortable in signing the team�s tender offer and going back to work.

As a result, Gates will be placed on a Roster Exempt list and will not play in the first three games following the date he signs with the team. Currently he will miss the games versus Minnesota (Aug. 26), San Francisco (Sept. 1) and the season opener versus Dallas (Sept. 11).

The Chargers are disappointed Gates will miss the season opener versus Dallas, but remain hopeful of reaching an agreement soon.

RaidersRock

BoltTalker
Aug 7, 2005
The man is a damn good player, If they won't pay him more than 380k this year they should atleast add some incentives to his contract this year.

Perform = get paid

Don't perform = 380k

Hell I would love to see all players in the NFL with contracts like this personally

Bolt-Thrower

BoltTalker
Aug 25, 2005
Midswat said:
As a Cowboys fan . . . I just wanted to thank you for suspending Antonio Gates for our week 1 game.

Its been a few years since we've won our opener, so this will be a nice change!
:lol:

If we don't allow you to establish a run game, this one will be over early

ChargerBoy

BoltTalker
Jul 29, 2005
We don't NEED A. Gates to win. It's not like our whole offense is built around him. We have great TE's in Ryan Krause, and Justin Peele who runs near perfect routes...complimented by great hands. We'll be fine with out him for one game. We still have LT...and if you didn't see him agains the Rams...you should watch out.

LT is as fast as he's ever been. Watch out Dallas.

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
ChargerBoy#9 said:
We don't NEED A. Gates to win. It's not like our whole offense is built around him. We have great TE's in Ryan Krause, and Justin Peele who runs near perfect routes...complimented by great hands. We'll be fine with out him for one game. We still have LT...and if you didn't see him agains the Rams...you should watch out.

LT is as fast as he's ever been. Watch out Dallas.
I agree. We have more than enough weapons. Ryan Krause and Justin Peele will fill in nicely. :good: