1. Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Team Transactions

Discussion in 'American Football' started by Concudan, Aug 13, 2018.

1. captaind

captaind Resist the Dark Side — Join the Alliance

Ratings:
    +348
    BA69DA13-5C81-4538-AA5A-B5DCACE92766.jpeg Bills release Peterman.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,463
    huge loss, devastating, he was the future of the franchise.

3. Concudan

Concudan Still Chargin Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,129
    Chargers put Denzel Perryman on IR, promote Tre’Von Johnson
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...denzel-perryman-on-ir-promote-trevon-johnson/

The Chargers confirmed Monday’s report that linebacker Denzel Perryman will miss the rest of the season on Tuesday.

Perryman is headed to injured reserve after hurting his knee in last Sunday’s win over the Raiders. Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported that Perryman is also slated to have hamstring surgery.

Rapoport added that Perryman is expected to be healthy in 3-4 months. That would be a little ahead of the start of 2019 free agency and Perryman, a 2015 second-round pick, is slated to be an unrestricted free agent in the offseason. Durability will be a question for Perryman even if he’s fully healed as he’ll have missed 22 games over his four-year career when this season is over.

The Chargers promoted linebacker Tre’Von Johnson from the practice squad to fill Perryman’s roster spot. Johnson has spent time with the Cardinals, Cowboys and Seahawks since entering the league last year and spent one week on Dallas’ active roster last season without playing in a game.

4. Concudan

Concudan Still Chargin Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,129
    Washington waives Joshua Holsey
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/13/washington-waives-joshua-holsey/

[​IMG]
    Getty Images
    Washington activated cornerback Joshua Holsey off the non-football injury list Monday. The team waived him Tuesday.

Holsey began the season on NFI after dropping a table on his foot at the outset of training camp.

He appeared in 12 games for Washington last season, making two tackles. Holsey was expected to compete for more playing time this season after Washington traded Kendall Fuller to Kansas City in the Alex Smith trade.

Washington also announced the move of tackle Geron Christian on injured reserve. He tore his MCL in Sunday’s victory over Tampa Bay.

The team also brought back center Casey Dunn to the practice squad and cut running back Mack Brown from the practice squad.

So why activate him to cut him the next day?

5. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +514
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. RamAirVA

RamAirVA New Name, Same Attitude

Ratings:
    +573
    BUMP

Josh Johnson signed with the Redskins to back up Mark Sanchez.

7. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,223

Sign a domestic abuser, ignore a far better quarterback, pretend to care about the playoffs.

This is a Billionaire Club game, not a sporting league. Fans are idiots.

8. captaind

captaind Resist the Dark Side — Join the Alliance

Ratings:
    +348
    Emmanuel Sanders (WR - Donkeys) out for season with torn Achilles.

9. RamAirVA

RamAirVA New Name, Same Attitude

Ratings:
    +573
    Welcome to the Redskins under Dan Snyder's Reign of Terror...

10. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,019
    I wonder, with Kaepernick going all in with his lawsuit, I don’t think he’s even pursuing nfl jobs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,463
    yeah all are assuming it's even a possibility......first off, just the legal ramification of hiring the guy at this point while he's suing the league are likely a non-starter. Unless of course he just dropped the lawsuit prior to signing a conract, which he probably has no interest in doing anway.

12. handoverfist

handoverfist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    Sure seems like Kap's got himself in a catch 22!

He's suing because he presumably wants to play but alleges that the league owners are in collusion no t to hire him...but if one hires him, then he gets what he wants, but he doesn't have a case anymore!!

“There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to."

13. SDRay

SDRay RIP SD Chargers..F the LA Chargers, Go Irish Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,623
    Raiders signing former Broncos and Panthers RB C.J. Anderson

The Oakland Raiders are signing veteran running back C.J. Anderson, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Anderson has been looking for work since Nov. 12, when he was released by the Carolina Panthers.

Carolina had signed Anderson to a one-year, $1.75 million deal during the offseason, but with Christian McCaffrey seeing most of the volume in the team's backfield, Anderson managed only 104 yards on 24 carries in nine games.

Anderson, who spent his first five seasons with Denver, had visited the Chiefs earlier this week in the wake of Kareem Hunt's release. Kansas City ended up signing Charcandrick West instead.

Oakland has leaned on Doug Martin, Jalen Richard and DeAndre Washingtonin the backfield since Marshawn Lynch went on IR with a groin injury in October.

14. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,223

“It’s about evaluating the skill set,” Gruden said. “If it was Week 1, there would be a better possibility.”

Total bull shitz. Owners collusion,

15. LABoltFan

Ratings:
    +514
  16. handoverfist

handoverfist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    Can you really blame Benjamin?

Benjamin "leads" the league in 2 categories....His 37.1% Catch rate is by far the lowest in the league, almost 10% lower than anybody else with at least 50 targets!
    He also leads the league in achieving a league low average 1.7 yds of Separation!

This is a guy who since coming into the league as a first rounder in CAR, has never had a season where his catch rate's been below 50%...in his rookie season he went over 1000yds receiving...Last year in CAR's first 8 games he was catching at 62.7% with a similar 2 yds Separation....So what happened?.... Did this 6'5", 245lb, highly touted beast suddenly forget how to catch a ball?

A further examination shows other possible reasons for the drastic decline in numbers, his catch rate, and possibly his interest in the game...Bills traded for Benjamin on Oct. 31, 2017...Halloween!...He came to a 5-2 team with Tyrod Taylor at QB....Soon after, Tyrod was inexplicably benched by Sean McDermott, in favor of your LAC's favorite alltime QB Nate Peterman!....When that experiment failed McDermott went back to Tyrod, and aside from an injury suffered in LAC game, Benjamin did his part to squeak them in to the post-season with a 9-7...This year, Tyrod is gone and the Bills have started 4 guys at QB!...Matt Barkley (1), Derek Anderson (2), Nate Peterman (2), and Josh Allen (7)....These titans of accuracy and performance have a WR corp that is headed by Zay Jones (?) and other names even more obscure that I won't bother trying to spell out!...Their performance on the field has been as unpredictable as their moves in the offseason!

Now, I would be the first to admit that Benjamin is NOT the legit No.1 WR the Bills hoped he would be...But this is an organization that had Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins and let them walk instead of paying them, and was trying to get away cheap by paying $8M for one!

In KC, he will have stability at QB with Mahomes, and every one knows that WRs in Andy Reid's Offense roam the field free with no defenders in sight!...He joins a team rich with targets in the passing game, and will certainly see a lot more single coverage than he's been used to in BUF...The LAC will have their hands full on Dec. 13 if this guy shows up with something to prove on National TV!!!

Edit: In fact, f uck it, I'm calling it right here: Dec. 13, Kelvin Benjamin over 75 yds, at least 1 TD!!!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. LABoltFan

Ratings:
    +514
    Yes, I can blame him. His rookie QB, who you’ve pointed out couldnt get on track with him, wanted to work on routes with him and he refused. I don’t doubt that he will do better in KC because maybe now he’ll actually try.

18. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,019
    That’s pretty lousy. In the old days some veteran leaders would’ve kicked his asss to comply.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. TTK

TTK EX-Charger Fan

Ratings:
    +925
    Seems like a good signing to me but at the same time there are too many mouths to feed on that offense.

20. LABoltFan

Ratings:
    +514
    I think it’s a good signing too. I just think the guy showed some bad character. And he will have to be happy with being the third or fourth option on that team.

21. handoverfist

handoverfist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    I don't dispute that he quit on the Bills!
    I don't know how much Bills football you've watched over the years, but the picture in my avatar is of Toronto's skyline, which means I live in a Bills TV market.:poop:
    The Bills have been in shambles for years now, and the new owner Terry Pegula, who outbid Trump for the team, is as clueless as Ralph Wilson was in his later years.
    Sean McDermott's handling of the the QB situation has been a joke, and he's clearly on the verge of losing the team. LeSean McCoy may go out and run routes for Allen in pregame warm ups, but he's also packed it in for the season (3.3 yds/A, 48th in the league)!! This was a good team, with most of the pieces in place to become a serious contender to NE in the East; but instead of adding a couple of impact player to get them over the hump, they gutted the team and started yet another rebuild.
    This team has quit on it's fanbase everytime they get a glimmer of hope, like they did with a playoff appearance last year...So why is the team given a pass when they quit on a fanbase, but the player is "showing bad character" for quitting on the said team?!?

• Like Like x 1
  22. LABoltFan

Ratings:
    +514
    I didn’t think posting an article about the guy not running routes for one QB and saying maybe he’ll do it for the new one is even making a commentary on the Bills organization much less giving it a pass. I don’t think agreeing that he quit on the Bills and his QB because the Bills didn’t do their job makes his actions any less telling of his character though.

23. handoverfist

handoverfist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    Who said I was talking about the Bills?;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. LABoltFan

Ratings:
    +514
    No, who’s on first.

25. handoverfist

handoverfist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    - What?
    - No, Watt's on DE!
    - Which one?
    - JJ and TJ, but not Derek
    - Who is Derek?
    - No, Who's on first!!

26. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,223
    I learned math from those guys. No need for expensive book schooling my dad said.

27. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,838
    Pretty sure that's Seattle! :p

28. handoverfist

handoverfist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    Fake News!:p

29. handoverfist

handoverfist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    Your dad!....Your dad was a wise man....One of three, if I remember correctly!!:eek::D

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,463
    Harry is thinking of starting his own new league......american football played on camels.

• Funny Funny x 1