1. Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Team Transactions

Discussion in 'American Football' started by Concudan, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,223
    “You guys”...I think you mean our Sharman Lord Chainny. Rivers is signed way past 2019, and Bosa is given a Mack deal from yes, the mega rich and free ending Spanni brothers.

2. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Betrayed Bolt Supporter

Ratings:
    +524
    About freaking time!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25186350/los-angeles-chargers-release-kicker-caleb-sturgis

Chargers to release struggling kicker Caleb Sturgis
    1:29 PM ET
    [​IMG]
    • Eric D. WilliamsESPN Staff Writer
    COSTA MESA, Calif. - As expected after another poor performance, the Los Angeles Chargers are releasing Caleb Sturgis on Monday, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The 29-year-old kicker missed two extra points and 42-yard field goal in a 25-17 win over the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday, pushing all three kicks wide left.

[​IMG]

He has made 9 of 13 field goal attempts and 9 of 15 PATs this season.

Health had been a concern for Sturgis going into the 2018 season -- he missed all but one game for the Philadelphia Eagles last year, spending 2017 on the injured reserve with a hip issue.

For the Chargers, Sturgis missed two games with a strained quad. He was replaced for those two games by Michael Badgley, who made all three fields goals, including a long of 44 yards, and all seven extra point attempts in wins over the Cleveland Browns and the Tennessee Titans.

The Chargers waived Badgley last week when Sturgis was deemed healthy enough to play. However, the Chargers brought Badgley back on the practice squad once he cleared waivers.

With Sturgis out of the picture, it's likely Badgley will be added back to the active roster and return as the team's starter moving forward.

3. Fouts

Fouts Go Rams!

Ratings:
    +759
    Bring back Koo!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,463
    [​IMG]

5. Fouts

Fouts Go Rams!

Ratings:
    +759
    Koo is my all time favorite Carson Charger, go Koo!

6. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,019
    So they sacrificed Kaser only to cut Sturges anyway. What a clown show Lynn is.

7. Concudan

Concudan Still Chargin Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,129
    So what are the winning lotto numbers whilst you are peeking into your crystal ball of butt-hurtitude?

8. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,223
    Don't need lotto numbers...just pointing out that “trying to sound like you have actual knowledge or insight is humorous” is probably what keeps remaining Bolt fans as Bolt fans. Non believers don't care, we just see what appears to be very possible pattern, we allow the fans to claim the wisdom of the team that Sturgis is back in...he's out....Badgley is wavied... he's scrum ( per the Chainny)...signed to PS....let's keep both....Sturgis is cut....Badgley is back......

Humor comes from the knowing fan, we others just enjoy it.

9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,498
    I thought it was the holder???

They don't need a kicker anyway, they are most likely to win it all without one.

10. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +651
    Who said Rivers would be signed "way past 2019"? I pointed out that Rivers himself has stated that he wants to play in the new stadium in 2020, so if he is still playing at the same level that he has over his career, it seems reasonable that the team will re-sign him for at least that season. Moreover, it is not crazy to think that Rivers will still be playing at such a high a level less than two years from now as he would only be turning 39 at the end of the 2020 season and would be younger then than Drew Brees is now and much younger than Brady is now. How is one season "way past 2019"?

To me, it seems like a contract with Bosa could be structured such that there is a large amount of guaranteed money with the contract being weighted slightly toward the back end to account for Rivers' presence on the roster in 2020. The team has been reluctant over the years to sign players to long term expensive third contracts when those seasons would be played mainly in the player's 30s, but they have signed good players to second contracts. Weddle is a perfect example of that. He got good money on his second contract, but the team would not offer him that same level of contract for his third contract.

This would only be Bosa's second contract. The team extending/re-signing him, while not a guarantee, seems more likely than not as a possibility.

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +6,129
    No... the bolded comment is what allows the self exiled fans to feel like the world, who really wont care about your plight feel like everyone is in solidarity with you. Non-believers do care, you would not be putting so much energy into developing wild scenarios of what you want to have happen, into real life 'CNN/FOX News'. Folks like Ray would not be turning every little thing into the Chargers if he didn't care. But you do care. You care because you were jilted. The team abandoned you. Honestly I get it. You guys have reasons to be mad, but at least be honest and own it. You do have good reason to be mad, not saying you dont.

All teams make good moves and bad moves. What do you think of the way that your new team handled Bell? How about the Raiders and their fire sale? Packers getting rid of good players in the off season? TT has some making up to do. He has not hit on any kicker in his history here. Arguably he has done a good to great job with non-special teamers, but he sucks with special teams. But my point is made by this because this is a minor thing, but you seem to feel this is a smoking gun pointing to how secretly bad the team is when it is just business as normal...

12. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,223
    You're ten million miles off target. You, the faithful, who claim the one who does not believe, in his real heart of hearts,
    Is just hurt and really wants the love of his abandoned master......Not true. We thank you for removing the trash.

Those who need to be awaken are those that tolerate the lying, despicable nature of the team owners and their lack of loyalty to no one but the dollar. I won't do that. Most previous fans won't either. Listen, when your offspring says, I don't believe in God. You should believe him or her. You don't start talking about a phase or you don't know what your feelings are bullcrap. When a Spanni gives you the middle finger, don't say, well, that's your choice, but really
    you still care? You know, you're just over reacting........Don't you think our local parish priest's blue and gold robes are nice? :laugh:

“Wild scenarios”? Like the most talented team in the League? Like the fan base will grow slowly and in ten years will be accepted by folks who hate us? Who made up those fantasies? Jilted and bitter ex fans? Or the my team is my team no matter where they play or how often they dump on the team's history . True fans.

Fret not for the lost bitter Bolt fan out there in the fresh air and honest wilderness.

And my new Pittsburgh team is still six church bells rings ahead of you. :geek:

My whole thing is loyalty. Loyalty over royalty; word is bond.
    — Fetty Wap

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +6,129
    Booooooool sheet!
    You spend WAY too much energy discussing the Chargers, talking about the Chargers and inventing new and creative false scenarios to be thankful someone took out the trash. Ye dost protest too much.

Sorry HK, your not going to sell me on that one.

Enjoy your historic rings! That is if you can stop watching the Chargers enough to see the tarnish set in... You were really part of rooting them on for those weren't you? Yeah I just called you a bandwagoner! ;) J/K

14. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,223
    Back to the Bard...you have it turned around..
    Meaning of The Lady Doth Protest Too Much
    By “protest,” the queen does not mean denial or objection. During Shakespeare’s time, the meaning of word was to “declare solemnly,” or to “vow.” So, Gertrude does not mean to “deny” or “object.” By this phrase, she meant that the woman tried too hard to convince the audience, losing her credibility. In simple words, her vows are too artful, too elaborate, or too insistent to be true. More cynically, Gertrude may imply that such affirmations are silly, and this may indirectly defend her own situation or remarriage.

Usage of The Lady Doth Protest Too Much

For whatever the reason, people switch this phrase around a lot these days. Today, the “protest” refers to objection. Though it does not mean exactly what Shakespeare used this phrase for, it is used in the sense that someone is denying or objecting to something too much. In the play, Gertrude says that the lady avows so much that she loses her reliability and credibility. Today, it is said that, if someone objects too much, he loses his credibility. Thus, people generally use it ironically when somebody tries to affirm too much.

And who affirms the Bolts better? Certainly not me. I don't watch the Chargers.
    I just like commenting on them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. handoverfist

handoverfist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    Dez to Saints

16. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,838
    :eek: "Uh-oh!!" :eek:
    --31 other teams

Saints.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. handoverfist

handoverfist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    Dude, did you know that Michael Thomas has caught 70 of 79 targeted passes?

I don't care if Dez can't get separation, Drew Brees can put it in some tight windows!

18. SDRay

SDRay RIP SD Chargers..F the LA Chargers, Go Irish Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,623
    Go Saints!

19. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,223
    Comments from a Jags could move to London article
    1. chief4ever
      October 31, 2018 at 12:30 pm
      All these changes to the schedule need to cease. We as NFL fans couldn’t care less about these games in London, Mexico or Canada, nor do we care about Thursday night football, back in the day an occasional Thursday night game was a treat, but the teams playing were coming off a bye, go back to it. If the Jags want to go to London, then let them and cut them from the NFL, plenty of other cities would love to have a pro team. The NFL is approving teams to relocate, the Chargers will never survive in LA and the Raiders will probably up and move again, probably back to Oakland. The league should have told the Raiders San Antonio or Portland or stay in Oakland, The Chargers should have been told to stay in San Diego or go to St Louis.

2. Guy Hence says:
    3. October 31, 2018 at 12:41 pm
      The NFL and it’s owners need a new ‘re-location’ policy. Franchise owners are betraying their fan base for more money. The LA Charger ‘re-location is a clear failure and Goodell and the NFL can’t do anything about it! Long term contracts with the Costa Mesa practice facility, the rental of the LA Charger HQ and the long term contract between Kroenke and Spanos for ‘rental’ of Kroenke’s new stadium are set in stone. Spanos has a massive $650,000,000 ‘re-location’ fee he must pay off in the next 8 years. He’s had to dramatically cut PSL and game tickets at Kroenke stadium in 2020 to lure and build some kind of fan base. It won’t happen. The Rams own LA. Spanos can’t move ’cause he can’t afford another $650,000,000 re-location fee. A new owner won’t purchase the team in LA and price in still another $650,000,000 re-location fee to NFL owners. It’s a disaster. The Las Vegas Raiders situation will be interesting. They will also compete with many other consumer attractions in LV. But he has a better chance to survive than Sanos’s blunder. Now, the Jaguars owner may try the same thing down the line. Will Buffalo move to San Antonio and desert their solid fan base? Could be.The weather in Buffalo N.Y. is very harsh and the relatively new owners don’t like being stuck there. No state taxes in Texas. High state taxes in N.Y. State…and going higher. Don’t be surprised at these ‘relocations’ on the horizon. Sad.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  20. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,838
    What a great new toy for Drew. :D
    Hell, DB made 7th rounder Marques Colston into a star...
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dez averages 14 yards per catch with Drew slingin' it all over the field. Can't wait to see...

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +6,129
    Nice try. But trying to reinvent your constant affirmations of people leaving or how bad the Chargers are in the light of contrary objective evidence is laughable at best.
    But please continue to protest too much about how you dont care, but cant go a day without talking about them.

22. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +2,077
    Rivers can put it in between Sean Payton's asschecks and Drew Brees lips, no way you can beat that!!

23. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,223

If talking is about criticizing the owners and the fan boys testimonials of being Super Bowl bound,
    yes, then I will continue to “ protest too much”.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +6,129
    Crotchety old man! ;)

25. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,223

I knew your folks. They were good people. There's a Young twig on every family tree, I reckon.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +6,129
    Ok... Game, Set, Match

I doff my cap to ye...

27. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,223

You are still our guide, right? Yes, I complain too much, and the damn dog keeps running away.

ECF38C1B-C3DD-42CD-9CBE-7C10582020FD.jpeg

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +6,129
    ??? *backs out of the thread slowly*

29. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +1,223
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  30. Lance19