Taller people are smarter, too, study says

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
I guess I am on the opposite end of that thing is I am 6' 2" tall and I will be honest with my IQ is only below average of 83 all around so I thnk it is a bunch of quano and I do not subscribe to the tests of IQ either but why was my SAT score 2310 because a person of only an 83 IQ to have a good SAT score to me it is an enigma and I can not answer that one at all and hopefully someone else can please?

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
turbo_turtle said:
I guess I am on the opposite end of that thing is I am 6' 2" tall and I will be honest with my IQ is only below average of 83 all around so I thnk it is a bunch of quano and I do not subscribe to the tests of IQ either but why was my SAT score 2310 because a person of only an 83 IQ to have a good SAT score to me it is an enigma and I can not answer that one at all and hopefully someone else can please?
How old is you? They only changed the SATs to three section of 800 pts a few years ago.

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
Thumper said:
How old is you? They only changed the SATs to three section of 800 pts a few years ago.
My age is 37 but in late September I will be 38 years old.

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
To clarify I did take the new SAT test and that is the score I received because I am thinking about going back to college and get my Masters in Technological Communication Architecture.

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
Thread_Killer said:
:icon_huh: I do not understand what this is and do you think that this thread is going bye bye or something because the image looks like an M80 or something similar and ready to explode.:icon_huh:

Please can you explain this to me I am perplexed and it will be much appreciated?

I thank you ahead of time as well.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
turbo_turtle said:
:icon_huh: I do not understand what this is and do you think that this thread is going bye bye or something because the image looks like an M80 or something similar and ready to explode.:icon_huh:

Please can you explain this to me I am perplexed and it will be much appreciated?

I thank you ahead of time as well.

that would be TKs subtle humor!

"time bomb" waiting to go off, me thinks!

:icon_toast:

Reactions: BFISA

Thread_Killer

Feb 6, 2006
wrbanwal said:
that would be TKs subtle humor!

"time bomb" waiting to go off, me thinks!

:icon_toast:

Nah, there's nothing subtle about it. I'm just telling compubolt that he's getting a red bomb, as soon as I can rep him again.

:yes:

Carrie1219

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2005
not here
turbo_turtle said:

My IQ score is well above average. I'm no Mensa candidate but I can sure tell that your IQ score is above 83... :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

Oh, I guess I'm short and smart... Sassy too.... :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Carrie1219

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2005
not here
Thread_Killer said:
Good morning, chispa and Carrie. How have you been?

I am hung...

...over

:)
Hi TK... Doing well.

Well who gives sh*t about being short when you're hung? :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

I only had one drink last night and sipped it for hours... Raspberry liquor with a shot of Saki. No hangover this morning, thank God....

Thread_Killer

Feb 6, 2006
carrie1219 said:
Hi TK... Doing well.

Well who gives a sh*t about being short when you're hung? :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

I only had one drink last night and sipped it for hours... Raspberry liquor with a shot of Saki. No hangover this morning, thank God....
I think I'm putting that on my tombstone. :icon_rofl:

Hangovers suck, especially when it is nice out on a Saturday. Gotta suck it up and take the kids somewhere. :icon_wink:

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
I apologize to you guys for this one and I have a friend Stan who has is a Construction Engineer and has an IQ of 146 and is not part of Mensa he does not like them at all it is just his opinion. Stan is 5' 3" tall so according to the article he should be a total dumb *** and that is farther from the truth so it tans my hide about these articles that says if you are the this thing or the that thing it makes a person better at at the whatevers it just brings lunacy to the whole study that was done. I am P***** off that it just does not meet the common sense rule to me what so ever so I apologize for the venting and I am sorry.

Carrie1219

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2005
not here
Since my IQ is not over 150, I don't know this for sure...

I've been told that Mensa offers automatic membership to those with really high IQs, over 150... Apparently they just need to fill out some paperwork. Two people have told me this and neither of them bothered with filling out the paperwork... :icon_rofl:

I should take the Mensa test--for grins... I'd probably wouldn't pass...:icon_shrug: :lol:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
So has anyone shown this to Robert??:icon_mrgreen: :lol: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

Carrie1219

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2005
not here
thejdog said:
Is it considered uncooth to talk about specific IQ scores? Not so much on a message bored but in "real life". I just took an IQ test for the first time last month and am curious:icon_huh:
In elementary school, our IQs were tested---so we all have our IQ scores out there somewhere.

TT's is 83... so mine is 38 :icon_mrgreen: