• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tailgate - Opening Day 2006

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#1
Hello Bolt fans this is your esteemed and sometimes maligned :icon_banana: tailgate host :icon_party:

Let's dispense with the freaking formalities and get down to business. :drama:

The gates are opening at 8AM.

This means I can hold parking spots open until around 9:30 then after that, park as close as you can.

To access our area you need to be going EAST on FRIARS ROAD and enter the FIRST entrance.

After you pay the crotchety old biitches who opened the gates late (again), turn HARD LEFT until you get to F-2/G-2. There is an egressway (wide exit lane for the slow blinkers) from this area where we will be lined up. I have a white Toyota Tacoma (pickup truck) and Thumpers ride will be a white Ford pickup Ranger - look for the Bolttalk.com banners or listen for the trumpet. If you look at one end of the egressway, you will see a modular trailer and some large locked double metal gates. Hint: Walk away from this gate and if you miss us, you are drunk off your *** - totally.

What to bring:

1. Game face and Bolt gear is a must :bolt:
2. Anything you want to put on the grill, you are welcome. Some dudes and chicks hit up the trolley and/or taxi but want to bring something - bring it. If it is raw we will cook it or you will cook it. We are not big on formalities. This is a grub and football fest and worship of Bolt brother and sisters. One of the Bolt brothers is lugging around 10 pounds of carne asada on the trolley as an offering to the temple (RideTheLightning - props man !!!).
3. BEER (although Bolttalk.com is bringing some beer !!! Wooohooo!!!!)
4. BEER
5. BEER
6. Seriously - If anyone wants to bring beer/water/sodas and do not have a cooler HEADS UP because we have an empty already iced cooler ready to accept community beverages so no worries as this is anticipated......again some fans arrive via trolley and space is limited so do not sweat the small **** is our motto.
7. Have a great time. Part of gameday are the tailgaters which brings many of us together. The sight sounds and smells are something one never forgets before and even after the games. All Chargers fans are welcome. The tailgaters are also sponsored by this website so stop by and get some "BOLTTALK".

All the Home and one away tailgater (Oct. 15th Chargers vs. 49'ers) will be webcasted LIVE here. The LINK is placed on GAMEDAY to the WEBCAM so HEADS-UP and it will be a WAY Obvious LINK on a main page so another heads up !!!!

If anyone has any questions, do not hesitate to PM me about stopping by because really folks, it is a no-brainer. :icon_mrgreen: :bolt: :foley53: :bolt:

:bolt: Go Chargers !!! :bolt:
 

TheLash

Well-Known Member
#3
Awesome man! As traffic allows coming down from LA I hope to be the 9ish. THanks for the invite since I will be flying solo. I am bring a table and a few xtra chairs as well as some munchies. Can't wait!

:football: Lash Out!:five:

Edit: Oh yeah i'm bringing beer too.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#4
HollywoodLeo said:
word.

I can provide 3, 4, 5 and 6

I'll also bring some beer
We are throwing down around 20 pounds of chicken and carne asada tomorrow so do not limp dick it and miss out on the grub we are providing as well. Ms. Trumpie made a batch of some salsa which is killer so double heads up.

Tomorrow we party like rock stars. :icon_toast: :icon_party: :rockout: :icon_beerbang:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#6
TheLash said:
Awesome man! As traffic allows coming down from LA I hope to be the 9ish. THanks for the invite since I will be flying solo. I am bring a table and a few xtra chairs as well as some munchies. Can't wait!

:football: Lash Out!:five:

Edit: Oh yeah i'm bringing beer too.
I will hold a spot for you as long as possible but if all else fails, park as close as possible and party......tomorrow is Opening day which is so fuggin' off the hook it is sometimes surreal (it is probably the good reefer) :icon_mrgreen: :icon_banana: :icon_toast:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#8
foober said:
Have a great time. Take pictures. :yes:
I am taking Conc and he is the one who took the amazing shot of Cromartie in the air.

He is sitting next to me since Ms. Trumpie can not attend and this is his FIRST Opening game ever.....

I offered him the ticket and the rest is history as we are carpooling down at 6:30 AM in my rig. :icon_toast: :icon_party: :bolt: :foley53: :bolt:
 

TheLash

Well-Known Member
#9
Trumpet_Man said:
I will hold a spot for you as long as possible but if all else fails, park as close as possible and party......tomorrow is Opening day which is so fuggin' off the hook it is sometimes surreal (it is probably the good reefer) :icon_mrgreen: :icon_banana: :icon_toast:
No worries my cooler has wheels I'll get as close as I can.

SO Pumped!:icon_beerbang:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#11
For the newcomers let me clue you in on the way the grub works....I cook the asada and tortillas and you animals build your own burrito. We will have flour and corn tortillas. This is caveman style grubbage so neat does not count.

Oh and I may assign the closest Bolthead to assist me in cutting up the asada or even cook the **** because I may too busy playing the horn or just drinking beer - :icon_mrgreen: :icon_party:

I like to delegate **** out

Plus the media is always hounding us so that is another heads up so I need back up and not Thumper because his ankle is all fuc't up.
 
#12
Trumpet_Man said:
For the newcomers let me clue you in on the way the grub works....I cook the asada and tortillas and you animals build your own burrito. We will have flour and corn tortillas. This is caveman style grubbage so neat does not count.

Oh and I may assign the closest Bolthead to assist me in cutting up the asada or even cook the **** because I may too busy playing the horn or just drinking beer - :icon_mrgreen: :icon_party:

I like to delegate **** out

Plus the media is always hounding us so that is another heads up so I need back up and not Thumper because his ankle is all fuc't up.
you should give thumper a foot rub. :tup: :lol:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#14
I also wanted to let the displaced Chargers fans know or fans coming into town who really do not know anybody in town that you know us now and that is what this venue - the tailgaters provide and is all about so rock on with your bad Bolt *** selves. :bolt:
 

Justachargerfan

Well-Known Member
#15
Great, Trumpet me and a friend will crash the party hopefully at about 10:30 if all goes well in the trip from Hell Country.
We'll bring the Michelobs!! See you all tomorrow. :icon_toast: :icon_party:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#16
Justachargerfan said:
Great, Trumpet me and a friend will crash the party hopefully at about 10:30 if all goes well in the trip from Hell Country.
We'll bring the Michelobs!! See you all tomorrow. :icon_toast: :icon_party:
I use to work for Lewis Homes in the Valley for a few years.....

See you manana !!!
 
#17
:icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana:

The wife is driving with her friends, so I am takin the trolley early, I am guessind I will get to the station around 8am, maybe get to you guys by 8:30 at the latest.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#19
compubolt said:
:icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana:

The wife is driving with her friends, so I am takin the trolley early, I am guessind I will get to the station around 8am, maybe get to you guys by 8:30 at the latest.
The mimosas will be flowing at that hour.... :icon_toast:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#22
compubolt said:
I need the water and coffee to start my day right. maybe by 10 beer
This is just not any old morning - this is Gameday.....

You should be having visions of bathing in drinks with the little umbrellas and not a latte expresso with a double twist. :unsure:
 

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #BoatUp #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
#23
I'll be there with my daughter tomorrow @ around 9:30 AM. I'm bringing non carbonated drinks, chips, @ something to throw on the grill.

See you guys there!
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#24
All you lurkers reading this who are Bolt fans and think this is gay - well it is sort of but after the first few beers you really do not give a rats *** because we are all talking Bolts.

I thought forum jibberish was flat out stupid until I saw the photos these fuggers posted of them partying their Bolt asses off at the tailgaters and I said "that looks like me holy crap" and the rest is history.

:bolt: Join up and get hooked up :bolt:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#27
Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan said:
Let's see him put THAT on the webcam. :nana_dance:

I was going to tea bag the webcam but the battery died in Thumper's ride - then it got cold and we all know what that does to your junk. :icon_mrgreen:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#28
CONCUDAN -

HEY man I will be up at 5 AM so call me if you want me to pick you up instead. Let the wifey sleep in.....no worries. I will google your address and bingo......otherwise I will see you at the rendezvous at 6:30 am.

Rock and roll

Go Chargers !!!

:bolt: Opening day *man*:bolt:
 

Top