Sunday Bolt report- RMancil

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

RMANCIL

Mar 13, 2006
8# kICKER Kurt Smith made a strong impression as he put a kick into the end zone and landed two more inside the 10 yd (8- 4 yd) while Kaeding sent one out of bound one to the 15 yd line and one to the 5 yd line. If Smith continues to boom kick offs Carlos Polk chances of making the squad will all but fanish.

Polk failed to impress as he disapeared in most drills and was left flat footed and grasping nothing but air when Sproles jucked him out of his jock on a swing pass play in the eleven on eleven drills.

Jordan got beat by Foley badley and by Gbaja-Biamila, Phillips and Merriman also sacked the QB against lesser OL (Lekkerkerker, Mruczkowski, )

Oben did not dress and was limping and looked like he had some type of boot on . He sure does not look like he is any where ready to get in shape much less play lot.

McNeill looked good and handled Foley on a couple of occasions they matched up
Cromartie continued his feast or famine play. On one play he was faked out so bad he fell to his knees in a effort to change direction on two other occasions he made real nice reads and anticipated the wr moves. On one occasion he just missed the int and on the other Feeley saw him jump the route and ate the ball which I have never happen before on one on one CB VS WR drills.

Florence was clearly the best CB in the drills as he had the best coverage play after play . He knocked several balls down and made a pick that he took to the house.

WR Coffey stood out today making several nice catches along with Vincent Jackson who caught everything thrown his way and towered over the DB and the LB on the field. He is a extremely impressive player who simply stands out of the crowd due to his size and build.

Philip Rivers looked sharp again today and clearly is the best QB on the field , Feeley jumped his play up several notches and he also saw a lot more action today tacking many more snaps than Whithurst.

The Oklahoma drill finished up practice however the main action between the big uglies was lost due to the Bolt players circling the action.

Milligan had his bell rung and was down and out for several minutes.

The Bolts ran two drills at the same time one featuring the wr -db and the other the big people. I don't think any other football team in the N.F.L. run this drill due to the injury factor.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Thanks for the takes on camp.

I think I will try and make one more camp before the season starts if not just to see the Oklahoma drills.....we have football in 12 days...woohoo !!!

Reactions: WonderSlug

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
leisure said:
I thought you went to all the TC practices? Come on please go Trump....no way am I gonna belive Rmancils takes :icon_rofl:
Why dont you go?

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
leisure said:
Cause I like it better when Trumpie goes for me :icon_mrgreen:
:trout:

Get yer arse to the park!:icon_evil:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
leisure said:
I thought you went to all the TC practices? Come on please go Trump....no way am I gonna belive Rmancils takes :icon_rofl:
Camp is good for only so much info. The pre-season games will be a better indicator of what the new dudes can handle at dumb downed levels.

We have a game a week from this Saturday so that is when the real actions starts.

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
leisure said:
The trouble with TC now a days is the 53 man roster is already set....TC and pre seasonis a joke IMO.....the only way some nobody makes the team is to be a freak during camp
And to think I can actually bet on preseason games in my 15k office football pool :icon_rofl:

MtlBoltsFan

Jun 27, 2006
Electric Chair said:
So who's our 53? :icon_shrug:
I posted my 53 on the S*UT but it's deleted now and it included Markus Curry as the #4 CB, McKinney as the backup NT, Andre Lott as a 3S and such and it looks like everything might fall into place but MTLs greatness will never be proven :icon_shrug:

MtlBoltsFan

Jun 27, 2006
thejdog said:
Could be the makings of a contest/bet...

Pick the 53 and win a prize. I think I could nail it off the toppa my head.
If I would have entered that contest on Chargers.com back in 2004 "pick the draft picks" I would have won that signed Rivers helmet. I called Manning and Olshansky. Effing contest wouldn't have been open to residents of Canada anyway :icon_banana:

MtlBoltsFan

Jun 27, 2006
thejdog said:
Should've been, since Canada is not even really a country but in fact our 51st state:icon_rofl:
I'm going to e-mail this to the prime minister and he will commit J I H A D on your country!!!

RMANCIL

Mar 13, 2006
WonderSlug said:
Yeah, leisure. Since you are so sure of who the 53 already are, please post it and we'll compare it to the 53 man roster for game 1.
That would require way to much work for Les , someone else needs to do it then he will lay claim to having the right take in a few weeks.

It looks like we may keep a extra ST player in the form of K Smith.
If in fact it happens which position will have the extra player cut ?

DB , LB , OL or some where else ?

Chew on that Les.

Reactions: BFISA

MtlBoltsFan

Jun 27, 2006
RMANCIL said:
That would require way to much work for Les , someone else needs to do it then he will lay claim to having the right take a few weeks.

It looks like we may keep a extra ST player in the form of K Smith.
If in fact it happens which position will have the extra player cut ?

DB , LB , OL or some where else ?

Chew on that Les.
I died for your sins now read my title and say 20 hail leisures.

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
WonderSlug said:
Yeah, leisure. Since you are so sure of who the 53 already are, please post it and we'll compare it to the 53 man roster for game 1.
I think we all know the answerta that.

PhilipRivers#1

BoltTalker
Mar 14, 2006
thejdog said:
Should've been, since Canada is not even really a country but in fact our 51st state:icon_rofl:
I think Canada is ok.

Any country that gave us Shania Twain can't be all that bad.