Studs and duds at the NFL's midway point

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6133466?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

# WELCOME TO THE SCENE: Chargers QB Philip Rivers.

The Chargers would have stuck with Drew Brees at QB for another season had Brees not torn up his shoulder. The injury, ironically, has worked out for both Brees and Rivers. The former got paid much more than the Chargers would have ponied up and Rivers has shined in San Diego. The youngster brings moxie and the right attitude needed for that team. Plus, when he's been in the line of fire against a defense like Baltimore's, he never folded his hand. There's a bright, bright future for this kid. Minnesota's Chester Taylor also gets consideration here.

MasterOfPuppets

Charger fan since 1979
Aug 8, 2006
Tijuana, Mexico
The prophet was right, Rivers is the real deal :tup:

Also

BREAKOUT PLAYER: Cowboys DE/LB DeMarcus Ware.

The Cowboys went back and forth between Ware and Shawne Merriman and eventually settled on Ware because of character. With Merriman's recent four-game ban, Dallas brass is probably holding their chests out on this one.
ouch, that hurts! :tdown: but in the long run I'll take Merriman

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
MasterOfPuppets said:
The prophet was right, Rivers is the real deal :tup:

Also

ouch, that hurts! :tdown: but in the long run I'll take Merriman
I think it's pretty ludicrous. Even with the 4 game suspension, I can't imagine there are many coaches or GMs that would take Ware over Merriman.