• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Spanos player basically admitted it's rigged.

Russell Okung, who is apparently an L.A. Spanos, last week said Roger Goodell didn't want the Chargers to play at home.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw00YLY9aQxc8r6v5fHuabfG&ust=1547522878016116
Yeah, we talked about that during the week, but came up with the conclusion that Okung is a moron because if the league wanted to rig it they would’ve a) made sure the refs finished the job and had the Ravens win and/or b) rigged it so the Texans won, eliminating the Colts (and a Spanos home game) altogether.

Yeah, we talked about that during the week, but came up with the conclusion that Okung is a moron because if the league wanted to rig it they would’ve a) made sure the refs finished the job and had the Ravens win and/or b) rigged it so the Texans won, eliminating the Colts (and a Spanos home game) altogether.
Well. When I bring up that the League is rigged, the most valid argument is that, if it were rigged, certainly somebody connected to the NFL would have spilled the beans by now. Clearly Okung knows some games are influenced by the commissioner's office. Okung is a guy connected to the League. Like me, he doesn't know exactly which games are fixed nor for whom the games are fixed. However, here is a guy connected to the League saying the commissioner communicates with refs as to who should win. Shouldn't that be the number one story on ESPN all day every day until we get some answers? Of course it shouldn't. Okung will get a fat fine and a warning, learn to shut the **** up, and ESPN and the NFL will keep making money off one another.

Well. When I bring up that the League is rigged, the most valid argument is that, if it were rigged, certainly somebody connected to the NFL would have spilled the beans by now. Clearly Okung knows some games are influenced by the commissioner's office. Okung is a guy connected to the League. Like me, he doesn't know exactly which games are fixed nor for whom the games are fixed. However, here is a guy connected to the League saying the commissioner communicates with refs as to who should win. Shouldn't that be the number one story on ESPN all day every day until we get some answers? Of course it shouldn't. Okung will get a fat fine and a warning, learn to shut the **** up, and ESPN and the NFL will keep making money off one another.
Okung didn’t even get a slap on the wrists. I imagined the owners with their fat cigars and champagne glasses all laughing.

wrbanwal

Only if your team is anybody but the fudean's

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Yup the NFL is rigged.

Look at all the people who have come out to be the whistle blower to open it up and get their 15 minutes of fame.

Wait, that didn't happen... Instead we have tinfoil hat folk on the internet telling us all in one breath the NFL is rigged because 'reasons' they discovered only after being gilted by their team, and in the next telling us contrails are really the government trying to sterilize us all so China can take over in 100 years.

*roll eyes*

Lancer 1

Betrayed Bolt Supporter
I'm pretty sure the league would've preferred not to host a postseason game (or 2) at that tiny soccer field but it's almost laughable to suggest that they would rig games to prevent it. If the Chargers want to blame anyone for their failing to win the AFC West and subsequently the top seed in the conference, they need to consult with the nearest mirror - the only other entity they could possibly blame is the Ravens, for 2 reasons:

#1 - for beating them
#2 - for not beating the Chiefs when they had them down by a touchdown late in the 4th.

Despite all that, if the Bolts beat either Denver or Baltimore, both games played at "home" and they're playing their 1st postseason game yesterday, likely beating the Colts and awaiting the winner of the game between the 2 teams that are playing next weekend.

Yup the NFL is rigged.

Look at all the people who have come out to be the whistle blower to open it up and get their 15 minutes of fame.

Wait, that didn't happen... Instead we have tinfoil hat folk on the internet telling us all in one breath the NFL is rigged because 'reasons' they discovered only after being gilted by their team, and in the next telling us contrails are really the government trying to sterilize us all so China can take over in 100 years.

*roll eyes*
Well here is one player who has. How many more examples would you like me to find?

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Well here is one player who has. How many more examples would you like me to find?
Yup...
One player who claimed he wasn't holding but had his arm in a choke hold around the guys throat. Great find Q.

Lift the brim of your tin foil hat, it is covering your eyes.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
No, it wasn't, and neither was your previous one.
It was no matter how much you want to be some profit of revelations to the site.

The NFL is not rigged. Okung claimed the refs were making calls against him, that he did not hold on a particular play, when he did.

Garbage in, garbage out.

Hope that was appropriate and clear.

Last edited:
Does Tom Brady's quick release rendering Joey Bosa invisible, count as "rigging" ?

If so, then yeah, totally "rigged."

p.s. What happened to all our other options, besides the overly-simplistic "Like"?
Someone just wrote a touching post about losing a couple of people who had
been very dear to him. I sure didn't want to suggest that I "like" anything about

how much that hurts...but I appreciated the post, and had no other option than "Like." :oops:

It was no matter how much you want to be some profit of revelations to the site.

The NFL is not rigged. Okung claimed the refs were making calls against him, that he did not hold on a particular play, when he did.

Garbage in, garbage out.

Hope that was appropriate and clear.
It doesn't answer the question. But no worries. You're the one still watching and believing the NFL is a totally honest sport.

My original message pointed out that Okung, an NFL player, believes the commissioner affects the outcome of games. So do I. You don't, and you're clinging to some tactic of taking the argument I preemptively countered and sticking with that beneath a pile of insults.

By the way, I am a non-believing Jew - not exactly a prophet of anything. I am only a believer that businesses do what it takes to make the most money possible. That belief system got me a 67-percent accuracy rate in my predictions this year and a 100% score on games in which I guaranteed the outcome. How did your belief system work out?

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
It doesn't answer the question. But no worries. You're the one still watching and believing the NFL is a totally honest sport.

My original message pointed out that Okung, an NFL player, believes the commissioner affects the outcome of games. So do I. You don't, and you're clinging to some tactic of taking the argument I preemptively countered and sticking with that beneath a pile of insults.

By the way, I am a non-believing Jew - not exactly a prophet of anything. I am only a believer that businesses do what it takes to make the most money possible. That belief system got me a 67-percent accuracy rate in my predictions this year and a 100% score on games in which I guaranteed the outcome. How did your belief system work out?
What I did was tell you that Okung claimed that the commissioner was impacting the game, having referees make calls against them for fouls that did not happen. The play in question was a holding call. One which when showed on replay showed Okung's arm around the throat of the defender. That is holding.

GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT.

If you don't watch the game you cant comment on if a foul occurred during a play can you? Instead you want to argue for Okung who is incorrect to say the least in this case. So if you feel this is insulting, or me calling your silly theories silly as insulting, well I am sorry you feel that way. Don't want to discuss it, stop responding to me, telling me you don't watch the plays your touting Okung as the authority on.