So, what time does the tailgate start on Saturday?

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

HollywoodLeo

Mar 13, 2006
I have every intension on being there, of course, but what time should I show up?

Game starts at 7, IIRC

Drunk

Jun 19, 2006
I heard the gates open at 2ish this year, but Trumpie says noon. Can anyone confirm this?

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
HollywoodLeo said:
Same area?

I know it's not the same exact spot...or is it?
We will be where the motor homes lined up as you exit the F-2 area.....That is a WIDE LANE to enter and exit the parking lot.

If you remember, we were always next to those locked double gates and you could look straight at the exit from those same gates......we will be along that exitway. The wide lanes there gives us room to set up tables and mingle.........Look for the banner BOLTTALK.COM hanging off my rig or listen for the trumpet...

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Thumper said:
So if the gates open at noon, does that mean the tailgate starts at about 11:00am? :icon_party:
Trumpet_Man said:
So that really means 11:30 at the McDonalds/Lowes parking lot on Friars :icon_mrgreen: :yes:
:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

HollywoodLeo

Mar 13, 2006
If the Gates open at noon do the Chargers automatically get a 7 or 14 point lead before the game starts?

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
thanks trumpie
PAAAAARRRRRTTTYYY!:nana_guitar: :icon_banana: :icon_party: :icon_beerbang: :lama

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
eastcoastboltgal said:
I'm gonna be there!!! :icon_mrgreen:
Cool....Ms.Trumpie can not attend.

Ditch BB and we can party :icon_mrgreen:

j/k BB ... well - you know :lol:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
eastcoastboltgal said:
:icon_banana: Let's not forget to call Toby. It's his birthday.
It better be early on because I know how you guys get....

oh and Thumper will be responsible for the Mimosas ..... He doesn't know it but that is part of the tradition for the fans who arrive early.

Surprise Thumper !!! :icon_mrgreen:

Reactions: BFISA

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
eastcoastboltgal said:
:icon_banana: Let's not forget to call Toby. It's his birthday.
Jess make sure his phone is fully charged, Darlin!!:)

Get'cher shit tagether, Trumpie!!:icon_mrgreen:

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
Trumpet_Man said:

oh and Thumper will be responsible for the Mimosas ..... He doesn't know it but that is part of the tradition for the fans who arrive early.

Mimosas?????

Now you tell me. I was thinking about hiring one of those tequilla shooters guys that walks around and pour tequilla in your mouth, then shakes your head and blows a whistle. That should go over well in the morning. :icon_banana:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Thumper said:
Mimosas?????

Now you tell me. I was thinking about hiring one of those tequilla shooters guys that walks around and pour tequilla in your mouth, then shakes your head and blows a whistle. That should go over well in the morning. :icon_banana:
"Tequila shooter guy" is Rule12B and his Octobolt that he brings.

It is medieval.

Mimosas at dawn is a tradition that goes way back to our days in Las Vegas which carried over to the tailgaters decades ago. It helped get the day started and take the edge off any hangovers. :icon_mrgreen:

The early arrivers started catching on and slowly each started bringing Magnums or bottles of champagne and a jugs of orange juice to add to the madness. Now even some of the satellte groups will march over a bottle to split with us....it is alll good !!!:icon_banana:

eastcoastboltgal

BoltTalker
Jan 23, 2006
Trumpet_Man said:

Cool, I'm looking forward to it. And to meeting Thumper finally!! :icon_tease:

Drunk

Jun 19, 2006
eastcoastboltgal said:
Cool, I'm looking forward to it. And to meeting Thumper finally!! :icon_tease:
Hi, nice to meet you. Im Drunk. :icon_smile:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Thumper said:
I hear that Thumper guy is a dick! :icon_shrug:
Never ever forget her mimosa. :icon_eek:

You have been warned. :icon_twisted:

Some fans get violent if they feel there is a mimosa left and you veg out and forget....or walk off after offering them one....she did.

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
Trumpet_Man said:
Never ever forget her mimosa. :icon_eek:

You have been warned. :icon_twisted:

Some fans get violent if they feel there is a mimosa left and you veg out and forget....or walk off after offering them one....she did.
Foregting a mimosa???? :icon_eek:

Now that's a dick move! :no:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
After about 10 am, fans switch to beers because the mimosa gets old after the sun is well up and the bbq's get online.....