• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

So what are the positives from the game?

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
We pretty much shut down Jamal Lewis.
Rivers was only sacked once.
Rivers only threw one INT against a very good secondary.
We moved down the field at will on the first drive.
We are still 2-1 and will win many more games this season.

Stop pouting, the Chargers are going to be fine.

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #GoBoats #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
When unhindered by our coaches, our offense can move the ball on anyone. The O-line played very well protecting Rivers and helping the team rush for 150 yards on the second best defense in the NFL. Eric Parker did a good job on punt return. Jammer played well on pass defense and got his 2nd pick of the season.

Critter

BoltTalker
I honestly cannot find anything positive.

Everything we did well, run the ball, stop the run, play solid defense we already knew we could do these things.

This is a game we could have won in the 3rd quarter quite handily.

Instead we let another one get away against a quality opponent. This is a reoccuring problem and one that does not seem is going to change as long as a certain individual is calling the shots.

The Jammer INT cannot be dismissed. :) He has gotten very much better.

Our defense is the real deal... the last Ravens drive nonwithstanding.

We still have a winning record.

We ran the football pretty well against a good run defense, all things considering.

Shawne Merriman will remember Todd Heap and will wrap up better next time.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Critter said:
I honestly cannot find anything positive.

Everything we did well, run the ball, stop the run, play solid defense we already knew we could do these things.

This is a game we could have won in the 3rd quarter quite handily.

Instead we let another one get away against a quality opponent. This is a reoccuring problem and one that does not seem is going to change as long as a certain individual is calling the shots.
So if you cant find anythng positive, dont post here... Jesus people you guys act like we are 0-3 now... :tdown:

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Nick Hardwick didn't get raped by two BIG BOYS
Jammer was excellent yet again and so was DFlo
Donnie Edwards didn't provide the fans with bulletin material :icon_mrgreen:
Kaeding performed OK in a hostile environment
Scifres had the longest punt ever against the Ravens
Michael Turner
Jamal Williams

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.
Jammer, Donnie get INT's
Cro returned a kick
McNeill was solid against tough matchups
Rivers can move our team effectively when given the opportuntiy
Floyd got a TD

WonderSlug

Jammer has improved greatly. He had a pick, and a few passes knocked down. He also shadowed his WR closely for most of the game. And get this:

NO PASS INTERFERENCE CALLS!

On this unfortunate pass completion by Baltimore in the 3rd quarter, Jammer had no blame on it.

2-8-BAL43 (8:32) S.McNair pass deep right to T.Heap to SD 28 for 29 yards (D.Edwards, C.Hart).

Todd Heap lined up on McNair's left, and crossed over to the right on a slant. It seemed that McNair looked for Mason first, before going to Heap as an outlet.

Jammer meanwhile was matched up against Mason and ran stride-for-stride with him until McNair threw the pass to Heap. The replay of the pass, overhead, shows Jammer on Mason like a blanket.

Whomever was responsible for covering Heap on that play obviously didn't.

I'm not trying to be negative on that last part, just showing how much of a good game Jammer had.

WonderSlug said:
Jammer has improved greatly. He had a pick, and a few passes knocked down. He also shadowed his WR closely for most of the game. And get this:

NO PASS INTERFERENCE CALLS!

On this unfortunate pass completion by Baltimore in the 3rd quarter, Jammer had no blame on it.

2-8-BAL43 (8:32) S.McNair pass deep right to T.Heap to SD 28 for 29 yards (D.Edwards, C.Hart).

Todd Heap lined up on McNair's left, and crossed over to the right on a slant. It seemed that McNair looked for Mason first, before going to Heap as an outlet.

Jammer meanwhile was matched up against Mason and ran stride-for-stride with him until McNair threw the pass to Heap. The replay of the pass, overhead, shows Jammer on Mason like a blanket.

Whomever was responsible for covering Heap on that play obviously didn't.

I'm not trying to be negative on that last part, just showing how much of a good game Jammer had.

Yeah, Jammer had probably his best game for us. Too bad it had to be a loss.

We need to use the LT/Turner formation more. It's like Allen/Jackson reborn.

WonderSlug

Another positive:

Even though we lost today's game, we had another game where we won the turnover battle.

We are now something like +5 in the turnover ratio, after just 3 games.

We recovered a fumble in the Raider game: +1

We picked off the Titans twice: +2

We picked off McNair twice and recovered a fumble, with an INT of our own: +2

Concudan said:
Jammer seems to have learned to turn his head. That is a GREAT POSITIVE!
Conc, I appreciate this thread, I really do. I will do my best to contribute.

I don't think you'll have much luck for at least the next few hours, though :icon_wink: A lot of folks are going to be mad for a while.

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Positives

-Quentin Jammer has two interceptions in two games
-Malcolm Floyd has a touchdown
-TNT ran over the best run defense in the league
-Rivers had only ONE wide open miss unlike at the titans
-The Chargers OL allowed one sack at the end of the game against a hell of a good front four
-The Chargers OL blocked really well in the run game
-The Front Seven stifled Jamal Lewis
-Mike Scifres boomed some damn good punts
-We are still the better team, we beat ourselves

I liked the Opening drive and the takeaways.

Kaeding hitting his career long was good too.

was that Scifres career long as well?

I also liked LT's stiff arm to Ray lewis' face.

Jammer had a great game!:tup:

Boltdiehard

Cooper's hit at the goal line. I can't believe nobody is talking about that play- actually I can as this loss was a maddening version of 2005 all over again. That said Cooper gets the play of the game IMO.

wrbanwal

I am positively pissed off that the stupid *** marina where I pay a crap load of money turned off Sunday Ticket!! :icon_evil:

From what I read, I am positively pissed off in the way we lost. :icon_evil:

I'm so F'N positive that we are going to kick Pitts *** next week that I'm taking the Bolts in our survival pool!!!

:icon_toast:

The touchdown at the beginning of the game was thrilling!
We only lost by 3 points.
I made it down RavensWalk virtually unscathed. I hate being on enemy territory.

MadMike

I am still so angry about this loss I don't know if I can even talk about it yet.

Positives:
Jammer's Centerfielder Interception

Marcus McNeill proving he is for real even after his Rookie of the month honors

Micheal Cooper, the monster, with his foot on the goal line and knee down standing up the Ravens on the goal line and getting the fumble

Play calling on the first drive, mixing it up, and being agressive

Gates tip and catch against his helmet on the first drive, taking the hits, and spinning for another 2 and the first down

Front seven of our D was too much for the Ravens

Lorenzo Neal getting the ball a couple more times after his fumble to prove we love that guy

Scifres 71 yard punt, and his last punt even though he was a little dinged up

Kaeding's 54 yarder

TNT doing all they could against that front

Rivers when he was uncuffed by our coaches threw the ball well and avoided pressure. The throw to VJ deep was a major pass interference call that was missed. The ball was thrown perfectly but the safety had his hand around VJ's neck and was spinning him away from the ball

Donnie Edwards. I'm sorry but after watching Ray Lewis make tackle after tackle in the middle after 2, 3 ,4, 5, or 6 yards, I feel like I have maligned this guy. He plyed a great game and the pick was beautiful.

Pittsburgh. We are getting this team at just the right time. After a bye week for them and with our team pissed off. There should be some very scared hombre's in Pittsburgh right now. This team is dangerous.

Aside from the last minutes of the fourth quarter, I thought we held our own. It came down to who was going to make the first mistake. Unfortunately, it was us. It was a tough loss, but fingerpointing and blaming people isn't the answer. Our next opponent's will feel this one!:bolt: