so, um, is LT still good?

  • Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

MasterOfPuppets

Charger fan since 1979
Aug 8, 2006
3,284
347
290
46
Tijuana, Mexico
just wanted to get you guys' opinion on wheter LT is still THE BEST DAMN RB IN THE NFL or has he lost a step :icon_rofl: ?

boltssbbound, any thoughts?

P.S. prop to your boy, nice reception out of bounds (nice catch, Rivers threw it out of bounds), nice 1st down catch and TD (ok, two point conversion) catch :tup:
 
M

matilack

Guest
MasterOfPuppets said:
just wanted to get you guys' opinion on wheter LT is still THE BEST DAMN RB IN THE NFL or has he lost a step :icon_rofl: ?

boltssbbound, any thoughts?

P.S. prop to your boy, nice reception out of bounds (nice catch, Rivers threw it out of bounds), nice 1st down catch and TD (ok, two point conversion) catch :tup:
LT is the man, all there is too it. This guy is the best player SD has ever had. Including Fouts.
 

MasterOfPuppets

Charger fan since 1979
Aug 8, 2006
3,284
347
290
46
Tijuana, Mexico
matilack said:
LT is the man, all there is too it. This guy is the best player SD has ever had. Including Fouts.
I agree, Foust was great but he is not in the conversation for top 5 QB of all times, LT is in it for the top 5 RBs of all time
 
M

matilack

Guest
MasterOfPuppets said:
I agree, Foust was great but he is not in the conversation for top 5 QB of all times, LT is in it for the top 5 RBs of all time
No convorsation for me, he is #1 or 2 behind only Barry Sanders.
 

MasterOfPuppets

Charger fan since 1979
Aug 8, 2006
3,284
347
290
46
Tijuana, Mexico
matilack said:
No convorsation for me, he is #1 or 2 behind only Barry Sanders.
never saw Jim Brown play but I heard he was pretty good too :icon_eek: I'd say (in alphabetic order)

Brown
Payton
Sanders
Smith (maybe more a product of his OL, and because he has the rushing yards record that LT will eventualy take)
Tomlinson
 

montanabolthead

BoltTalker
Sep 16, 2006
205
30
110
63
Jim Brown
LT
Barry Sanders
These are my top three for all time. Sanders was good, but I think he spent more time juking and going side to side rather than straight ahead. Jim Brown had POWER. Plus he knew how to psych out opponents. LT: What else can you say?
 

boltsnow

BoltTalker
Oct 13, 2006
1,329
56
190
53
Martinsville, NJ
I am here to officially eat a little crow and say that i was wrong, LT has not lost a step, especially where it counts!:icon_toast:
 
M

matilack

Guest
YO!!!! Is Luis Castillo OK??? I forgot to look if he came back in the game.
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
18,916
1,826
350
San Diego, CA
the great players make hte great plays when they need to
LT carried the offense when they were absolute crap
He's solidified himself as one of the best of all time